New Member Introductions thread
Feb 15, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #14,372 of 15,646
Greetings from Germany,
my name is Philipp. I started my own journey as an audiophile 7 years ago with the purchase of a pair of AKG K712-pro. I used those headphones for years until I heard a pair of sennheiser hd660s which at that time sounded more detailed and more technical to me, which lead to me trying headphones to find some that have finesse and are enchanting to listen to. My current collection includes a pair of beyerdynamics dt 1990 pro, a pair of focal clear mgs aswell as a pair of hifiman arya v2s which I love to bits. I've dabbled a bit into sources and amps, but there is little gear where I live, so it gets expensive really fast to try out new gear.
Anyways it's been great so far being a part of the forum.

Feb 15, 2023 at 7:42 PM Post #14,373 of 15,646
Hi, longtime lurker, first time joiner and poster. I started out with stereo-fi but then found out that other people don't really enjoy hearing Metallica at full blast, so I realized that perhaps headphones were my true calling after all.

I started out with the HD6XX and while I thought they were decent, they didn't really 'excite' me like speakers. So now I have Beyers DT 1990s and Amirons, as well as Aeon Noires. I think the v-sound of the Beyers is more what I'm after. The Aeons are...a troubled kid, if I do say so myself. I'd have loved to be a fly on the wall when they were engineering that set, since I find many things about it unsatisfactory while trying to enjoy them as much as possible.

I use a Lyr with my Beyers and an Asgard with my Aeons. It's an alright setup so far, nothing to chirp home about but it gets the job done. I find the v-style tuning to be more like speakers than neutral reference might be.

I try not to get too caught up on gear since music is usually my focus but I admit to falling into the hi-fi rabbit hole far too often.

My outdoor setup is Drop Pandas with a Dragonfly Black, and that setup is fantastic, I make no apologies for that one.

I'm mostly here to learn since hi-fi doesn't often last forever. It all goes tits up some day. Upgradeitis is real.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #14,374 of 15,646
Hello. I’m Chris. I’ve wanted to see what the headphone and IEM thing was all about for a while, but never really had a reason to while my ‘regular’ hifi system was setup. ThAt system is packed away while I remodel a house, so now is a great time to check things out. I appreciate the huge amount of info you’ve all pulled together on this site!

I listen mostly to electronic music, dub, some punk and hardcore.

Feb 19, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #14,378 of 15,646
Hello. I’m Chris. I’ve wanted to see what the headphone and IEM thing was all about for a while, but never really had a reason to while my ‘regular’ hifi system was setup. ThAt system is packed away while I remodel a house, so now is a great time to check things out. I appreciate the huge amount of info you’ve all pulled together on this site!

I listen mostly to electronic music, dub, some punk and hardcore.
Once you find your sound with the headphones/IEMs you might find that you actually prefer your headphone/IEM system over your traditional system. It happened to me.

Feb 21, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #14,380 of 15,646
Hi all! I'm new here, but not new in hi-fi audio. I need help in advice about vintage Sennheiser HD230. I found zero opinions about them. I only know they were 2-way and top of the range in 1982. Is it worth to buy them? I listen classic rock and disco from 70's. I owned in different times Philips N6330, Sennheiser HD430... Now I have Kenwood KH-83...

Feb 22, 2023 at 3:00 AM Post #14,382 of 15,646
yo sup

I’m Cody, and I recently just realized I became an audiophile. I considered myself an informed consumer in terms of sound but lately I’ve been noticing I’ve been focusing on vocals and detail to instrumentals. Kinda mind blowing.

I do have the K371, HD599, B&W PX, and the Galaxy Buds 2.

I found out about audiophiles and audiophile gear based on getting Beats headphones in middle school; after two years of owning Beats I realized I wasn’t getting any value in sound so that’s when I started the rabbit hole down headphones.

For my sound preference, I do like pretty clear highs but my go-to is the Harman Curve. Once I got the K371s, I could never go back on that sound profile.

Thanks for letting me join!

Feb 24, 2023 at 6:47 AM Post #14,385 of 15,646
Hey hey,

some other gearhead and audiophile here.
Started 10 years ago with getting some Beyerdynamic DT880 Pro / 250oHm running on some PC Setup with dedicated Soundcard, some Sennheiser CX350 InEars for mobile use, some Moondrop Chu InEars for mobile use and my latest is some Apple AirPod Max for mobile use because of its ANC feature, which sounds suprisingly well and way better than many haters grant them credit for.

See you soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back