New Member Introductions thread
Sep 3, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #13,925 of 15,615
Greetings from Belgistan 🍺🍟🍫

Followed this forum in conjunction with Google search for a couple of weeks now and decided to join as my gut feeling tells me that this is the only place to get answers to my questions about the new Sony Walkman NW-WM1AM2.
I have a small & tidy Vinyl collection of +-600 records, however, 2 years ago I have subscribed to Tidal+ in order to enjoy my music on the go as well.
For the latter, I use an Android OnePlus 7T Pro with UAPP/Tidal+, a mobile DAC with headphone PreAmp, the Violectric by Chronos and a wired IEM by Sennheiser, the IE-300.
I also drive a well-known ’smartphone on wheels’ from the US allowing me to enjoy downloaded Tidal songs in HiFi quality as well😘

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #13,926 of 15,615
Hello There.
I'm Erokh and I'm new here.
After having read many reviews on this website, I deciding to subscribe and be a part of this community.

What can I tell you about me?
I'm french
I'm 38 years old
I've been into audio for approximately 2 years now I guess.
I own Olina, HD6xx, Hifiman He400i 2021, Mele, Moondrop SSR, Moondrop Chu, Kbear KS1. I'more into iems for now, as it is cheaper and a more dynamic market, but I can't deny I kind of prefer headphones for comfort and stage.

I'm looking forward to discover this huge forums and take a part in it.

Sep 4, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #13,927 of 15,615
G'day, I'm Duncan. I'm a retired public servant from Canberra, Australia. I love my music, and while I probably all ready have too many CDs, that ain't gonna stop me! I also like acquiring headphones, but my tastes are modest - my hearing is pretty ordinary, so spending close to, or even upwards of a thousand dollars, would be completely lost on me. My latest acquisition is a set of Denon AH-GC25W. Against an Australian retail price of about $599, I managed to bag these from a "rather large" online retailer for $170 - very satisfied with my purchase.

Sep 4, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #13,928 of 15,615
Hello everyone
I am Roberto and I write from Italy, after having spent years with portable walkman and cd, I have not used headphones for 20 years, but only in two channels, I have just set up my first chain, less than a month, thanks also to this forum having found a Gpinto H2A amplifier here well reviewed, in Italy it is not very widespread despite being made in Italy :) as headphones of the modest philips HR2 that I will change shortly not because they sound bad but I have no longer switched on the two channels for which I will invest step by step. I have several digital and analog sources but I decided to focus on a minimal and analytical dac like the topping d50s and I must say that it is not bad.
sorry for my English.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #13,930 of 15,615
Firstly thanks for letting me join the community. I have been an obsessive largely “budget” vintage stereo collector/tinkerer for over 20 years.

I have now entered the world of headfi boots and all after purchasing some hd800 and a hdvd800 from a friend and also a fellow forum member.

Ive owned some hd555 and a few other vintage “collectable” headsets but they have largely been dust collectors.

Have admired my friends headfi journey for a long time and recently had the privilege of listening to a few of his rigs.

I may be at the start of a new obsession- wish me luck.

I’m in the Adelaide hills in south Australia - married with 2 grown up girls both still at home, I have way too much spare time on my hands (a stay at home dad), My wife works full time and has recently changed to working from home completely. As we share an home office/music space the new journey into headfi is opportune for me.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #13,931 of 15,615
Hi everyone, thanks for the privilege of joining the Head-fi community. As I live in Oz, we have warped prices [check out the exchange rate between the USD & AUS), in relation to equipment & the ability to actually demo something before purchase.

Hope to meet as many of u as I can. So far my addiction level is very low: Pass Labs HPA-1, Luxman D-05u SACD & Senn HD 800, Beyer DT 770 Pro & Oppo PM1.

Will be able to demo an all Raal system soon [HSA-1b amp & CA-1aheadphones] ,as well as headphones from Meze, ZMF, Dan Clark & DAC's from Chord & Holo. I think I will soon be in debt!

Cheers

Sep 9, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #13,933 of 15,615
Hey y'all! Fairly new here, never got around to saying anything about myself previously. Located in Texas and pretty new to the hobby.

For a desk setup, I've got a Cavalli Liquid Carbon that I recently replaced with a Rebel Amp, a Schiit Modius (older one... I believe they changed it somewhat recently?), and 1More Triple Driver Over-Ears (swapped the pads, holy the originals are not comfortable). For portable I've got a Moonriver 2 with Moondrop Chu/ATH-M40x. Excited to get more into the hobby and unfortunately probably blow some bucks!

Sep 10, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #13,934 of 15,615
Hi all,

I have been following the discussions on this forum for a long time. It's now time to participate.

I'm from France and I'm an audio addict for 5 years increasing more and more the quality of my set-up :relaxed:

I wish you a good day, evening, night and see you on the forum

Sep 10, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #13,935 of 15,615
Hey y'all - nice to be registered here and in the open rather than just skimming through as I've done for years.

I've been into audio since the early 70's as a young teenager and have owned headphones all along - I started with a pair of HearMuffs (those were 4 inch or so speakers mounted in a pillow that wrapped around the back of your head and neck - perfect for lying down with and sounded pretty good for stuff at the time) and a pair of the original HD414's that I still have in working condition. What a great resource this site has been and is now! I'm officially old (64, old being over 60, right?) but my hearing is still pretty good (audiologist tested a couple years ago, down only 2-3db in my worst ear at 8K). My best phones now are the Monolith M1570's driven by a Drop Linear One THX SE amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back