New Member Introductions thread
Nov 24, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #13,126 of 15,646
Hello,
been lurking around this forum for a while and never got a profile until now. I love headphones and the gear associated with them. Been in the game for a while now, and I’m starting to get settled in, but still looking at upgrades all the time lol. My current main setup is the ZMF Auteur Wenge off a Bottlehead Crack + Speeball, that’s sourced by a Bifrost 2 (hooked up directly to my pc via usb). Also have a SW51+, Jotunheim 2, and a Liquid Platinum for amps. Then at work I run a topping E30 into a JDS labs atom amp for my focal elegia headphones. Got a bunch more headphones, but I’ll leave it at that lol. Do I have a problem? Maybe… but enjoying music makes it all worth it. Anyways nice to meet everyone here!

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:02 AM Post #13,127 of 15,646
Hey fellow new members- I joined back in August and have just crossed the threshold of 50 posts so am now a “head-fier ’ no longer a ‘new head-fier’! Yippee!

I have to say this has been a blast of a forum to participate in. The impressions and reviews are stellar, and the same reviewers who write those reviews are collegial, approachable, and helpful. The whole hobby has opened up for me here. Virtually every topic is covered, in depth. Politeness and reason rules, and (I learned along the way) the developers of products (headphones, daps, dac/amps, iems) are watching and at times participating. No joke, comments from the threads show up in Google searches for reviews of the same products. It’s really refreshing and begins to give me hope again for the global human family. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #13,128 of 15,646
Hi everyone, im from Finland, and have been looking around this forum :) joined here to buy headphones, and recieved them. Current setup: e30+a90+music master e1000i and akg 702 for gaming. BTW when can i post new topics?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 7:56 AM Post #13,129 of 15,646
Hello guys, I've been getting into audio over the last 2 years or so and the hobby has kept me busy and sane during the pandemic. Have always gone onto head-fi for honest and subjective reviews from non-professional reviewers as I find that sometimes reviewers often have a coloured expectation due to having heard so many audio products previously. Have never really been into forums much so hoping that it'll be a fun experience :)

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #13,131 of 15,646
Hello all,

Joined here after finally making the jump into quality audio gear. I’ve had a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2’s for quite a few years, which to me represented “premium sound”. I still love them, but wanted to go further in the audiophile world.

Last week I finally took the plunge on the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 pro’s and a Schiit Lyr 3, and I couldn’t be happier. I was intimate worried about the “brightness” many people mention about the 1990’s, but to me they sound crisp and glorious.

I’d like to say this is my endgame, but we all know how that goes…

Hope to learn much more about the tech and community here.

Thanks

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #13,132 of 15,646
Hello, my name is Caio and I am new at this hobbie. It feels like a rabbit hole sometimes but I am getting there. I enjoy listening to Rock, Metal, Eletronic but I also enjoy quite a lot gaming on my headphones and watching movies (something to get me as close to a private cinema room).

I've tried a few headphones already but the only one I feel mostly confirtable is the HD650 which I will be using for Gaming and movies. For Music I am gearing towards the Abyss AB-1266 TC and the Formula S/Powerman. So let's see how that goes. :)

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #13,133 of 15,646
Hello my fellow audio geeks.
I’ve been a budget audio addict for 30 years or better. Every now and then stumbling on something that is better than consumer level, and truly appreciating just how great my favorite music can sound, keeps me wanting and wondering what else is out there and if I can ever acquire gear that’ll provide me with “the sound I want to hear in my head”. I’m an average guitarist, a drummer who can keep time, a shower singer, and I like the challenge of trying to record and produce music that has a professional sound, on a working man’s budget. Thanks for having me!

Nov 27, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #13,135 of 15,646
Hi to All,
after more than one year of following the audiophile adventures of many users here, is time to jump in.
Im searching an answer for "The Question"....:thinking: My gear is: Innuos Zenith mk3, Chord TT2, Chord Etude, Blumenhofer Genuin FS2.
I want to upgrade the SQ, in this moment I have only one bullet, so, better to add an MScaler with Wave cables to TT2 or buy a solo Dave?

Nov 27, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #13,136 of 15,646
Hi everyone, im from Finland, and have been looking around this forum :) joined here to buy headphones, and recieved them. Current setup: e30+a90+music master e1000i and akg 702 for gaming. BTW when can i post new topics?
Welcome. I haven't yet found a thread that answers all questions a new member might have, aside from the Classified rules: https://www.head-fi.org/articles/classified-rules-guidelines-updated-february-2019.13274/ I suspect making a new thread conforms to these rules (15 posts and 30 days) since listing an item is, in effect, making a new thread. So make posts in existing threads before starting a new one; chances are a thread in your area of interest already exists.

Nov 30, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #13,139 of 15,646
Hi all, New member here!

Long time lurker (8 years) that finally decided to join.
Wife got fed up with my headphone shenanigans 😂😅

Have had quite a few headphones over the years and very particular about what I wear the older I get 😁

A bit about me, I’m 33 and British, names Ben 👋
Currently live in Finland, have done for the past 8 years.
Before that travelled and work in various different countries.

Music tastes have changed a lot over the years, mainly metal, goth and rock when a teen.
Now there is more reggae and dub in the mix as well as classical and instrumental.
More into well produced music with intricate sounds over any particular genre

Nov 30, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #13,140 of 15,646
Hello there. I am an idiot who doesn't know anything about the technicals regarding audiophile equipment, but I know what sounds good. And because of that my bank account hates me.

I love all sorts of music, from Heavy Metal to opera, from EDM to Nordic Folk music. Usual I listen to more obscure and eccentric stuff, but I can still appreciate the classics. Therefore I like headphones and equipment that works with all genres.

As for equipment, I have a Grado PS500, Sennheiser HD700, Audeze LCD-X, ZMF Verite Open and hopefully next month an Audeze LCD-5. For amps I have a Drop THX 789 which I don't use anymore, an iFi iDSD Micro Black Label that I use for my DAC, and a ZMF Pendant Tube amplifier.

I hope to learn a lot from here and am looking forward to chatting with people in the know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back