New Member Introductions thread
Nov 20, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #13,113 of 15,646
Hi, everybody! I am new here, although I have been reading this forum for years. Have some knowledge in audio and electronics.
I am enjoing music streaming convenience (Volumio, Chromecast, ATV, ...) , although I can't say it is really convenient way of getting to music daily. There allways is some struggle comparing to old fashoin way - just pushing the play button on cassette boombox (one of that beautifl 80-s make) and having the tune instantly from the place where it stopped previously.
Lately interested in Chord Mojo dac's world. Wondering if there is that great difference in sound. Particularly, is it more tasty and involving rather than specs.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 5:47 AM Post #13,114 of 15,646
Hi everyone , my name is Gregory and I’ve been in headphones hobby for about 2 years. All started when my coworker brought his Beyerdynamics dt1350 to the office and put them on my head , I couldn’t unhear that :) currently my setup is Hifiman Arya V2 + Focal Clear OG + ifi iDSD Signature. I also got Sennheiser IE900 that I love !

Nov 20, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #13,115 of 15,646
Hi, everybody! I am new here, although I have been reading this forum for years. Have some knowledge in audio and electronics.
I am enjoing music streaming convenience (Volumio, Chromecast, ATV, ...) , although I can't say it is really convenient way of getting to music daily. There allways is some struggle comparing to old fashoin way - just pushing the play button on cassette boombox (one of that beautifl 80-s make) and having the tune instantly from the place where it stopped previously.
Lately interested in Chord Mojo dac's world. Wondering if there is that great difference in sound. Particularly, is it more tasty and involving rather than specs.
Welcome! Quick comment on the Chord Mojo, it's an excellent device. Provides plenty of power for headphones that need it, but also has a really enjoyable warm sound signature (not too analytical - which can be boring). It's a device that could easily be many peoples start and end game all in one.

Nov 20, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #13,116 of 15,646
Welcome! Quick comment on the Chord Mojo, it's an excellent device. Provides plenty of power for headphones that need it, but also has a really enjoyable warm sound signature (not too analytical - which can be boring). It's a device that could easily be many peoples start and end game all in one.
Thank You for the opinion!

Nov 21, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #13,118 of 15,646
Hi, I'm from Italy and I'm new here. I start reading this forum some months ago and now i made the decision of subscriving for asking your advice.
I'm not really in to audiophile things but I'm searching for the best gear for my wallet and space.
Now, when I can't listen to my stereo, I'm using a pair of beats Dr Dre hd through a fiio btr5 on spotify a and tidal. I tried some entry budget headphones but the best I ever tried was a sennheiser px 100 (for walking, sunbathe and traveling). The rest was always too bassy (muddy) and unconfortable so I'm searching for something more "professional" but I'll start a threat for asking your opinion.
That's all, I want to thank you all for your time and make apologize for my bad english.

Nov 21, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #13,119 of 15,646
Hi, I'm new here. I like headphones, in-ear monitors, and speakers. I like to preach the benefits of HRTF processing in audio, and I highly encourage anybody in this thread to check out the Crystal Mixer ASIO plugin. It's better than any stereo convolver plugin I've used in the past, as well as HeSuVi on a 2-channel track.

Nov 21, 2021 at 5:44 PM Post #13,120 of 15,646
Hi, I'm new here. I like headphones, in-ear monitors, and speakers. I like to preach the benefits of HRTF processing in audio, and I highly encourage anybody in this thread to check out the Crystal Mixer ASIO plugin. It's better than any stereo convolver plugin I've used in the past, as well as HeSuVi on a 2-channel track.
These do look interesting, especially HeSuVi as I'm more into headphones (IEMs). Now, if I was a gamer or had (up to) 18 speakers, Crystal Mixer ASIO plugin is cool, too. You might look for an existing thread on 3D/DSP (I'm not familiar) and add/join that conversation. Welcome. :ksc75smile:

Nov 21, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #13,122 of 15,646
Oh, it's not 18 speakers, it's 18 channels of audio. Crystal Mixer places them within a 3D space using OpenAL Soft and downmixes them into an HRTF convolution filter for headphones.
Ah, so useful for headphones. Very good. And IEMs? Thanks.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #13,124 of 15,646
Hi, I'm from Italy and I'm new here. I start reading this forum some months ago and now i made the decision of subscriving for asking your advice.
I'm not really in to audiophile things but I'm searching for the best gear for my wallet and space.
Now, when I can't listen to my stereo, I'm using a pair of beats Dr Dre hd through a fiio btr5 on spotify a and tidal. I tried some entry budget headphones but the best I ever tried was a sennheiser px 100 (for walking, sunbathe and traveling). The rest was always too bassy (muddy) and unconfortable so I'm searching for something more "professional" but I'll start a threat for asking your opinion.
That's all, I want to thank you all for your time and make apologize for my bad english.
When seeking for affordable but enjoyable headphones I stumbled on iGrado. The cheapest model of the Grado's. To my surprise soundvise (to me) they crushed any earphones in the 140 EUR range that I got to try. Open sound design plus the good amount of natural sounding bass and nonfatiquing mids an highs are making listening like on the best sounding live event privately. Even at the lovest sound volumes. Still enjoying these after 10 years. Only had to replace the broken cord and cushions.
The model iGrado is discontinued long ago, but instead Grado is producing the same heaphones with a slightly different name - eGrado.
They are light and keep so firm on ears, that You can run or jump but they would never get misplaced and never need adjustment. The only complaint is that the plastic headband is rather tight. Some say that it is fixable by immersing the headband in boiled water and keeping streched for a while.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back