New Member Introductions thread
Oct 22, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #13,051 of 15,452
Hi All,

I just joined the forum after lurking for about a year. My current headphones are:
AirPod Max
Airpods - 2nd generation
Shure Aonic 50
Sennheiser HD660S

My only DAC/Amp is the Questyle M12

Hoping to learn as much as I can here.

Musical interests are mainly:
Prog / Rock
Metal (predominantly Trash/Death/Black/NWOBHM)
Industrial
Electronica
Alternative
Pop

Oct 22, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #13,052 of 15,452
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum and looking forward to participate.

Currently I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990 Pros connected to a Behringer UMC-404HD audio interface. Currently thinking of getting myself some Sony WH-1000XM4, but I'm not sure yet
The purists will often advise to stay wired, but sometimes there's no choice.

I've tried lots of Bluetooth headphones. XM3, XM4, Bower & Wilkins PX7, Sennheiser Momentum 3, Bose 700, etc.

The XM4 was my pick of the bunch, the best all rounder for sure and the best noise cancelling by a mile. Good choice.

Oct 25, 2021 at 8:00 AM Post #13,053 of 15,452
Hi all

my name is Pavel and I have just joined your wonderful community.

my musical preferences are classical rock, jazz, blues, electronic music, retro, classical music, some modern dance

at the moment I am making my own hand-modeled portable DAC amplifier, while the device is not yet ready I listen to music from the ibasso dc03 and ayama dac a5pro. My headphones are bgvp ns9, imr edp, imr r1 zenit

I wish everyone a good day and I wish everyone to find their sound and be on the wave ✋😎

Oct 25, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #13,057 of 15,452
Hi, I've followed the forums here for a few months and am finally admitting to myself that I've caught the addiction! Thank you to this community, you give such great information for those starting their journey into high quality audio.

My gear is mostly for electric guitar (just amateur), but now supplemented by some iems: First the Blon BL-01, then KZ ZS 10 Pro, Tanchjim Tanya and most recently KZ ZEX. Plus way too many wireless earbuds.

Oct 28, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #13,061 of 15,452
Hello, people of Head-Fi! Who has two thumbs and has been totally fine with his vintage over the past 15 years but during the pandemic decided to dip his toes into modern-day audio and has now spent way more money on new equipment than he cares to admit? This guy, that's who!
Woohoo, I'm not alone. Broke and surrounded by Headphone equipment!

Oct 28, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #13,062 of 15,452
Hi All,

My current headphones are:
Hifiman Ananda
Hifiman Sundara
Grado SR325e
Grado SR225e
Wishlist: Audeze LCD2C, HD650, Focal Clear

My stack is: Topping D30 Pro and A30 Pro with Audioquest USB cable and Topping XLR cables.
My wishlist amps: Burson Soloist 3X and McIntosh MHA200AC

Musical interests are mainly:
Pop, Rock, Funk, R&B, little bit of metal, jazz and classical

I am primarily interested in stereo setup but I can't afford top notch and I have no free space in my apartment to place stereo so I switched to headphones because it is cheaper and takes much less space.

I am here to learn as much as possible and hear other's people opinion on gear I own or wish to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back