New Member Introductions thread
Oct 10, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #13,006 of 15,519
Hello! New member here from Chicago, IL area..
My current humble setup right now;
-JDSLabs Atom amp
-JDSLabs Atom dac
-Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee
-Sennheiser HD560s
Currently looking for a good pair of HD800 or HD800s.
Don't hate me, but I primarily game and I am very competitive and always looking for the extra edge! But, I do enjoy great sounding headphones and I am just starting down this rabbit hole! Thanks.
I don't think that the Sennheiser HD 800 S are worth their high price, instead look into planar magnetic headphones for the same amount of money.

I would purchase these if I could afford them https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/stock-headphones/products/zmf-auteur but in walnut wood and with the grilles made out of polished brass.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #13,010 of 15,519
Hello! New member here from Chicago, IL area..
My current humble setup right now;
-JDSLabs Atom amp
-JDSLabs Atom dac
-Sennheiser HD58x Jubilee
-Sennheiser HD560s
Currently looking for a good pair of HD800 or HD800s.
Don't hate me, but I primarily game and I am very competitive and always looking for the extra edge! But, I do enjoy great sounding headphones and I am just starting down this rabbit hole! Thanks.
I've been using the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 for gaming recently. It works really well, nice soundstage, and great placement for enemies around me. Haven't tried the HD800 range myself, but hear they're the top dog for fps.

Oct 12, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #13,011 of 15,519
Hi,
I think it’s time for me to introduce myself.

just like I suppose many of you started, I just wanted more from my music. I currently have ath m40x, an audient id4, an AKse15, and a pair of P1 tinhifi.

I love it and I am currently on the quest of selecting how I should expand my collection. I am not sure if I should start a thread here or elsewhere

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #13,014 of 15,519
Hello,
the introduction says, that I should post my first thread here. Have I to create a new threat therefore?
I'm from Germany and I'm interested in surround sound on headphones.
You just made a post in an existing thread (New Member Introductions thread). Look at the directory of existing threads, and search, and see if your interest might already exist. If not then, yes, you might make a new sub-thread under Headphones. Welcome. :)

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #13,015 of 15,519
Hi,
I think it’s time for me to introduce myself.

just like I suppose many of you started, I just wanted more from my music. I currently have ath m40x, an audient id4, an AKse15, and a pair of P1 tinhifi.

I love it and I am currently on the quest of selecting how I should expand my collection. I am not sure if I should start a thread here or elsewhere
Look at the directory of existing threads, and search what threads have already been started on your area of interest. Post there before starting a new one. Welcome. :)

Oct 13, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #13,016 of 15,519
Hello,
the introduction says, that I should post my first thread here. Have I to create a new threat therefore?
I'm from Germany and I'm interested in surround sound on headphones.
I'd highly recommend auditioning a Sennheiser HD800S if you get a chance, it has a really wide soundstage

Oct 13, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #13,018 of 15,519
Hello,
I'm a relatively long-time lurker looking for somewhere to ask and get answers to questions about audio sources, DACs, amplifiers, & headphones.
I started down this path quite some time ago--I've been a professional (now amature) musician for over 30 years now. I've always relied on "flat", "clinical" headphones (30 y/o Sony MDR-V6--actually made in Japan!) for work and play. I'm ready to branch out and enjoy streaming hi-res audio streams in my office and on the go. I'll probably ask some stupid questions now and again. Please be kind!
Cheers,
Bill

Oct 13, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #13,020 of 15,519
Hello all,
Very nice to meet you guys, I'm from Italy and in my life I've tried to be kind to my wallet in gear spending. Unfortunately I've found this place and my gut says this forum will definitely corrupt me.
At the moment, I'm looking for a sort of all-rounder wireless headphone, something I can use to enjoy good music as well as use it for calls, meetings, etc.
It will be my first serious wireless, so far I've always been a cable fan, but you know, convenience sometimes matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back