New Member Introductions thread
Sep 26, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #12,976 of 15,516
Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm hoping to learn alot more about headphones while I'm here. The best headphones I have owned up to this point are the ath-m40x. I am looking to make my first dive into entry level hifi headphones with getting the HD600. The asgard and modi 3 are the amp and dac I've been recommended, so I'll also be keeping a eye out on used ones. Trying to keep the cost as low as possible to figure out if I really want to open the doors into the audiophile world or not.

Sep 26, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #12,977 of 15,516
Hi all, finally decided to create an account. I've been following for about a year. Thought this would be a fun pandemic hobby. Here to learn--after a year plus with the baby Schiit stack (Mimby, Vali2, etc) finally bit the bullet and got the BF2 (my family likes raiding my gear, wife got the baby Schiit stack, son grabbed my HD6XX).

Sep 26, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #12,978 of 15,516
Hello everyone. Just joined to see what I can find. I'm not a pure audiophile, but I do appreciate great sound, but also on a budget. I've had an FX-Audio DACX6MKII, but it seems to have fried itself a couple weeks ago when I switched from speakers to headphones. So here I am, looking for a replacement and maybe some 'phones. I'm currently rocking a set of Shure 440's, and I like them well enough. There's always room for improvement.

Let's get to rockin!

Sep 28, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #12,981 of 15,516
Hello hello! I've been around here for a while and I recently went to CanJam, so it did sort of push me to make an account here. Been into the hi-fi audio hobby ever since I started with a Magni and Modi stack with DT 770 80 ohms I got for Christmas of last year. I'm only starting out with budget equipment at the moment but I do hope to eventually get my dream setup going! Hopefully I learn a lot and become a part of this community. :)

Sep 28, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #12,982 of 15,516
Hello hello! I've been around here for a while and I recently went to CanJam, so it did sort of push me to make an account here. Been into the hi-fi audio hobby ever since I started with a Magni and Modi stack with DT 770 80 ohms I got for Christmas of last year. I'm only starting out with budget equipment at the moment but I do hope to eventually get my dream setup going! Hopefully I learn a lot and become a part of this community. :)
I was just looking up the next nearest CanJam this morning (NYC, February 26-27), having never gone but learning about it in this group. Pretty cool you hit it early in your pursuit. Welcome!

Sep 29, 2021 at 2:02 AM Post #12,983 of 15,516
Hello audio-heads,

"silent-reader" for some time I decided to signup since this community seems collaborative and sharing passion.

Desktop-warrior with affinity to stereo and head-phones in particular. Music helps during prolonged sessions in my office especially when creativity hits and time runs to 16-20 hrs a session... I own an AKG K701 and BeyerDynamic DT880PRO as my 2 preferred speaker dependent on the music style and if time allows some PC gaming. Living room has a decent stereo setup (KEF-DENON combi about 10 years old, I guess?), unfortunately time rarely allows to activly sit there and listen to my favourites :/. You read it, I am not an audiophile exactly, i am but a consumer of music and like quality at a bargain. That said, I seriously enjoy when the more passionate of you elaborate on equipments several times the budget I'd be willing to pay. That said it comes naturally when I rarely see reason to actually post an answer to posts asking for advise :) Still, besides enjoyment, i find some posts on budget equipment that helps my personal setup as well.
Thanks for that in the past!

Cheers.

Sep 30, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #12,985 of 15,516
Hi fellow audiophiles... just got into the rabbit hole recently and purchased my first pair of "good" headphones—the Sundaras (driven by L30). Now, I'm looking to try out more stuff, so wish my wallet good luck as I browse the Head-Fi Classifieds. Really interested to learn more about audio in general as well and not just which headphones are the best.

See you in the forums!

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #12,986 of 15,516
Hi fellow audiophiles... just got into the rabbit hole recently and purchased my first pair of "good" headphones—the Sundaras (driven by L30). Now, I'm looking to try out more stuff, so wish my wallet good luck as I browse the Head-Fi Classifieds. Really interested to learn more about audio in general as well and not just which headphones are the best.

See you in the forums!

Welcome:)

Sep 30, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #12,987 of 15,516
Hello! Brand new member here - not new to audio but very new to the world of IEM's and DACS and Headphones etc! It all began when I dug out a Dragonfly 1.2 I got at my (ex) workplace and figured out how to set up my MacBook Pro to utilize the Dragonfly with my Grade SR80s. I was hooked. I just got today my Ifi Zen Day V2, and am pouring through the classifieds for a good set of IEM's. Currently I am using a set of KZ ZSX ism's. Thanks!

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #12,988 of 15,516
Hi! Been lurking head-fi for a while reading the Schiit Happened thread but got a bit tube curious the past few days. Put an order for 2 Genalex Gold Lion E88CC but after reading the Valhalla tube rolling thread cancelled the Gold Lions and went for some Brimar CV-4033's. I figured once I reached this point it was only appropriate to create an account :smiley:

Pretty happy with my setup otherwise (HD800S/HD6xx - Bifrost 2 - Valhalla 2). :)

Oct 3, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #12,990 of 15,516
Hello! Username is Reversed. I've been lurking here for 7 ish years now, finally decided to make an account, mainly so I can finally access the classifieds, however much of a feat that is. I'm pretty basic. Started with a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50 when they were still popular. Some ear buds in that time that were almost exclusively trash. Stayed with a pair of Phillip Fidelio X2's for a long while, bought when they came out. Finally got my favorite earbuds to date and to be honest my favorite sound makers, the Etymotic ER4SE earbuds, triple flange use only thanks. Decided to finally get a DAC/AMP, tried out a Schiit Magni/Modi 2 Uber, then an ifi Hip-Dac v1, then a FiiO BTR5, and then finally, a Qudelix 5k. Settled with the Qudelix. Hip-Dac in second. Qudelix's EQ and bluetooth really just make it amazing though. Use it with the X2's and ER4's. Got a pair of HD8XX finally! Deciding to return them to search for a HD800 with mod or to mod. Don't love their reviews and tuning is a bit wild, I have an EQ right now, but I rather not have to require that forever. Also I fell in love with the grey version of the HD800, so I think I'll do that.

I love music, it's everything. Hope you all have a wonderful day. Happy to finally be here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back