New Member Introductions thread
Sep 16, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #12,951 of 15,578
Nice to have you in the group Paul,
First time I tried a planar magnetic headphone was with the FOSTEX T40RP, I was really surprised how good it sounded the rich and extremely low distortion sound it reproduced especially considering the price!!, next I went for the $300 FOSTEX T60RP that could be used in balanced mode and since then most dynamic headphones even some fairly expensive ones sounded quite colored (high distortion levels). The HIFIMAN Sundara is also a planar Magnetic and I am sure you will enjoy it, I just got the HIFIMAN ARYA and just like a planar ... very clean rich Sound and natural Sound.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #12,953 of 15,578
Hi all,
I joined this forum about 5 years ago but only lurked for the most part. Now I’ve got a few bits and pieces at home - Klipsch Heritage Amp/DAC combo (I like the wood look as I live in a log house next to a forest in Japan), my old Audio Technica ATH-50’s, a pair of Campfire Audio Cascades, and for out and about I have a NextDrive Spectra Amp/DAC for my iPhone and a pair of Campfire Audio Andromeda CK Iceberg Special Edition (Japan release only) IEM’s, and a pair of Jerry Harvey/Astell & Kern Diana IEM’s. I gave my old V-Moda Crossfade M-100’s and V-Moda Forza Metallo’s to one of my sons and my Audio Technica ATH-30’s and ATH-IM50’s to my other son. So now I’m planning on damaging my wallet a bit and looking for advice. And happy to ‘meet’ you all.

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #12,954 of 15,578
Hi all,
I joined this forum about 5 years ago but only lurked for the most part. Now I’ve got a few bits and pieces at home - Klipsch Heritage Amp/DAC combo (I like the wood look as I live in a log house next to a forest in Japan), my old Audio Technica ATH-50’s, a pair of Campfire Audio Cascades, and for out and about I have a NextDrive Spectra Amp/DAC for my iPhone and a pair of Campfire Audio Andromeda CK Iceberg Special Edition (Japan release only) IEM’s, and a pair of Jerry Harvey/Astell & Kern Diana IEM’s. I gave my old V-Moda Crossfade M-100’s and V-Moda Forza Metallo’s to one of my sons and my Audio Technica ATH-30’s and ATH-IM50’s to my other son. So now I’m planning on damaging my wallet a bit and looking for advice. And happy to ‘meet’ you all.
PS It’s not just the look, I really like the sound and functionality of the Klipsch Heritage amp/dac as well!

Sep 17, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #12,955 of 15,578
What’s up team. Live shows made me fall in love with the audio world, but with lockdowns and such Ive been withdrawn from enjoying professional $100,000+ sound systems and am seeking to fill the void with home audio on a willfully responsible budget. So far I own a humble desk setup of Schiit IEMagni + Modi with Sundaras and a Fiio BTR5 for my Blessing 2 Dusks. One day i hope to have enough income to gift setups like these to friends so they don’t have to tune out my shilling anymore lol. Hope this place is more wholesome than the gaming community I’m trying to grow out of. Thanks for reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back