New Member Introductions thread
Jun 27, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #12,679 of 15,646
Hello, my name is Ezequiel and I am from Argentina. I have joined this forum because I consider it very useful. It has helped me a lot with my doubts in the world of headphones and good listening. Despite having a very humble equipment (Superlux HD668B + Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd gen) I managed to get the best possible sound to enjoy my music and be able to perform mixing and mastering tasks with confidence. Congratulations and thank you very much!

Jun 28, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #12,684 of 15,646
Hi , I'm new here (not that new)
I just want to find more can but can't post , is this board requires loyalty or something like that?

Jun 29, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #12,686 of 15,646
Good day all. My name is Jay. I received a Astell&Kern A&Norma SR25 yesterday and am looking to pair it with an IEM. My three biggest "likes" are good base, great imaging (depth and breadth), and a non-offensive treble. A warm tube-like sound is also welcome. I am going through some reviews and have not found a decent example yet. Mainly because I am wary of fit. I always had an uncomfortable feeling/fit with IEMs. Headphones are not out of the question as long as they are light and can deliver but would love to find a set of IEMs I, well, can love. Price also needs to be somewhat of a consideration. I would like to keep it at or below $500 although I could be convinced to jump that up to $1K.

Anyhow, I am sure I will enjoy learning more about high end audio players. My old Zune never really cut it.

Jun 29, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #12,687 of 15,646
Good day all. My name is Jay. I received a Astell&Kern A&Norma SR25 yesterday and am looking to pair it with an IEM. My three biggest "likes" are good base, great imaging (depth and breadth), and a non-offensive treble. A warm tube-like sound is also welcome. I am going through some reviews and have not found a decent example yet. Mainly because I am wary of fit. I always had an uncomfortable feeling/fit with IEMs. Headphones are not out of the question as long as they are light and can deliver but would love to find a set of IEMs I, well, can love. Price also needs to be somewhat of a consideration. I would like to keep it at or below $500 although I could be convinced to jump that up to $1K.

Anyhow, I am sure I will enjoy learning more about high end audio players. My old Zune never really cut it.

Good first pick for a DAP, my first one was the SR15 a few years ago. You may want to look at Empire Ears Bravado MK II, it's $799 in universal. Halfway in your price range and well worth it. www.empireears.com. Here's the link to the Empire Ears thread - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/empire-ears-discussion-impressions-formerly-earwerkz.786335/

Jun 30, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #12,689 of 15,646
Hello all

I'm a former physics teacher who has gotten hooked on understanding the science, and psychology, of the headphone audio experience. I've visited Head-fi many times to read what others have shared and felt it was time to join.

My equipment includes a Zen DAC and Zen CAN, a Modi & Magni 3+ stack along with a Sys to loop in the Fosi Audio P1 tube pre-amp. I also have the portable iFi Hip DAC and the Monolith USB DAC (looks like the DragonFly). Headphones: Sennheiser 58x and 560s, HiFiMan Sundara and 400i 2020, Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm, Tygr 300R, and DT 177x, AudioTechnica M40X and ATH-WS1100 with a V-moda Boom mic for Zoom. Wireless I use Airpods Pro and PowerBeats3 for runs.

I'm looking forward to learning more from everyone here and hopefully being able to share insights at some point.

Jul 1, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #12,690 of 15,646
Hello everyone, joined to buy 64 Audio U12t from the classifieds :D but I'll stay for the chat.

I've got background in edm production and audio engineering, but not working in the field so it's only a hobby. I play electric guitar in my spare time and from time to time produce some crappy edm lol or help with mixing in production.

Since moving to flats I use headohones pretty much exclusively and recently discovering the IEM space.

Some of the sets I owned over the ears :
- HD650
- HD800
- AKG 712
- DT770Pro
- DT1770Pro
- DT150
- Oppo PM3
- LCD3
- LCD X 2021
- Utopia
- Arya
- HE1000se
- Campfire Solaris
- Final A8000

My current setup :
- Hugo 2 + Empyrean
- Final a8000
- micro iDSD BL

Coming soon :
- 64 audio u12t
- Empire Ears Odin

Hunting for :
- Susvara + setup (probably Holo May and some amp ...)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back