New Member Introductions thread
Jul 5, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #12,706 of 15,580
Hello!

I was disinterested in headphones for a long time (as in decades) and viewed them as a necessary evil when listening to music nobody else wanted to hear. I found myself listening to music less or as just background to other activities. I always enjoyed throwing on an album, as in vinyl LP, and listening with the liner notes and lyrics in hand. I got to know and savor my favorite artists. I wanted to go there again.

I stumbled upon Drop (then MassDrop) and the excitement behind the HD 6XX offering. Taking a leap of faith, I pre-ordered a pair based upon reviews & countless hours reading about the Sennheiser 600/650 models. I still had the feeling of doubt that I could really enjoy headphones, so wanted to limit the funds spent. When they arrived, I hooked them up to the headphone jack of an integrated amp and was surprised - it sounded great! I then purchased a Topping DX3 Pro and had yet another uptick in quality. I found myself listening to headphones 75+% of the time. I was sold!

Thanks to the enthusiasm and shared knowledge of specialty forums, such as Head-Fi, I am as fired up and back into music as I ever was! A Schiit Valhalla 2 is on its way. The HD 6XX not only brought me back to involved music listening, but also my first foray into the world of tubes. You can teach an old dog new tricks!
Hi Brankin,could you tell me where you ordered your HD6xx from,speccific web address if possible as i could only find them in the U.S.
Thank you very much.

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:56 PM Post #12,708 of 15,580
New member. I'm in the process of building a Whammy HPA and have found some helpful info here.

-Mike

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:37 PM Post #12,709 of 15,580
Hello all pleasure to see so many hi fi heads there. My main experience has been with Grado headphones and FLAC hi res lossless. I originally joined just to chat and also get music recommendations. I also play guitar and like to get the best tube amps I can afford. So yeah I'm broke. Lol. And my is Jim. Greetings once again

Jul 6, 2021 at 6:57 PM Post #12,710 of 15,580
Hi all,

Long time lurker who decided to sign up and start getting involved in POLITICS! Just joking, i'm addicted to TWS and Headphones and this site is the perfect enabler :wink:

Jul 8, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #12,713 of 15,580
Hi all,

Been lurking on this forum for advice some time now.
Finally registered to find some good buys/trades in Europe.
Latest buy was a HD560s and a Topping stack (e30+l30).
Looking forward to enter the rabbithole...

KR,

Jul 10, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #12,719 of 15,580
Hello, everyone! I've been reading Head-Fi for a few years now, and finally made an account today. Favorite headphones that I own are my Sennheiser HD 660 S, followed by my HD 58X and HD 600. I also have HD 25 Plus and Light (the 2020 versions, I guess? Whenever the most recent update was lol). I don't really use any of my non-Sennheiser 'phones these days, but I'll probably keep them all for sonic references or to see how/if my tastes have changed over time.

Thanks for providing a great resource to music lovers and headphone enthusiasts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back