New Member Introductions thread
May 30, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #12,617 of 15,570
Hi All, I’ve been lurking for a few months while planning my first attempt at audio nirvana. Well, second if you count AV. Thanks to all those who have assisted with that.

My cans are currently HD595, with WH-1000XM3 for work; sources iPad, HP laptop and Asus Rog gaming rig, the latter with trusty old Altec Lansing FX6021 2.1 ch.

I’ve recently taken delivery of Custom Cans 4.4mm balanced HD600 and XLR interconnect cables. Have Fiio M11 Plus LTD and HD600 incoming, Topping D90/A90 stack will have to wait until October (sigh). A few favourites I’m particularly looking forward to hearing in infinite detail: Pulse (of course), Desire, Animal Serenade, Road to Hell, Dark Room (Angels).

AV = Panny blu-ray and 55” plasma, Onkyo NR709, Monitor Audio Silver 5.1 (with the 2-way mains). Favourite concerts: Pulse (of course), R.E.M. in Wiesbaden, AC/DC at R. Plate, Nirvana in NY, all of the Crossroads festivals. Regards, Tom.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #12,619 of 15,570
HI all
I just started this HI-FI world and am pretty enjoying listening to music in hi-fi quality. I first bought KZ ZAX and Kinera BD005 pro, and moved to Moondrop Starfield. I just ordered ER4XR. May upgrade my earphone depends on how ER4xr sound. I am also looking for DAP or DAC.

Jun 1, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #12,620 of 15,570
Hi all,

New guy here been lurking the forums over the last few weeks and finally decided to register. Just got into iem's and recently got myself a fiio fh3 and btr5 and .. oh man I can't believe I didn't get into this hobby earlier.

Now resisting the urge to upgrade already. Eager to learn more and contribute.

Jun 3, 2021 at 3:05 AM Post #12,621 of 15,570
Hi everyone, I am kinda new to head-fi as a member, although I have been reading a lot of posts these past few months, especially since I have been increasing my collection of audio equipment lately.

Headphones I have had in my collection include Hifiman Arya, Monoprice Monolith M570, Beyerdynamic TGYR, Beyerdynamic MMX 300, Audio-Technica AD 900X, Meze 99 Neo. My main headphone right now is a modded LSA HP-2 Ultra (based on the Kennerton Gjallarhorn GH 50) and I am currently looking to expand it to either a Verite Closed or a Kennerton Rognir.

For DAC/AMP I am currently using a Shiit modi3+/Magni Heresy combo as my work setup and for pleasure listening + gaming I have a Flux Labs FA-10/SMSL SU-9. I am also will be experimenting with adding a tube preamp to my setup but just starting with that so don't know much yet about it.

Jun 3, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #12,622 of 15,570
Hi fellas. Although this is my first post, i've been here for a while since i build my Chinese lovely cube headamp using the information of this great community .
I Jesus From Spain and now im lookin to update my Fiio x3 with something bigger in storage and sound. No streaming functions needed so just a HiRes player with big capacity and great sound.
Thanks for having me.
Cheers
He probado también el reproductor que, probablemente, se adapte más a lo que quieres: el Cowon Plenue D3. Pequeño, con salida balanceada de 4Vmrs, absolutamente exquisito en la gestión de los archivos y con sistemas de ecualización fina exclusivos de la marca. La batería está optimizada para que dure muuuucho. Sólo tiene blutú; nada de android (ni siquiera funciona como DAC). En What's Hifi le calzan cinco estrellas... (https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/cowon-plenue-d3). No es caro...
Otra opción (sobre el papel; no lo he probado) es el Cayin N3 Pro, que tiene doble salida: válvulas y amplificación electrónica... una pasada tecnológica. Es algo más caro que el Cowon: https://hifigo.com/products/cayin-n3-pro-n3-pro?_pos=11&_sid=06266abce&_ss=r

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #12,623 of 15,570
Hello everyone!

I actually had an account many years ago but lost it, so created a new one.

The main reason I created an account is because I want to share a review of the Nakamichi IEM Elite Pro 200, which I absolutely love. I demo'd many many IEMs from Audio Technica and other brands, and these ones stood out head and shoulders above the rest (even the most expensive Elite Pro 300 I thought weren't worth the double price tag).

Can anyone tell me how I can leave a review? The HeadFi forums are a bit confusing to me. I've searched online and found very little about these IEMs, especially in English, which is a shame because I think they are really superb value. I'm not affiliated to this brand in any way, I just feel I owe it to the community to shed light on them. I am based in Taiwan where they are less than NTD $4,000 (~140USD / 100 GBP / 120 EUR). Nakaimichi is a Japanese brand.

Other than that I have had my eyes on HD650 / HD6XX but it's not a priority right now. Previously used Bose and Audio Technica cans, small FiiO amp, iPod Classic but mostly Oppo phone as the source.

Thank you.

Jun 4, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #12,624 of 15,570
Greetings -- long-time lurker who just remembered he signed up for an account a while back. Own a variety of gear, almost all of it several years old: Creek headphone amp, JDS Labs C5D, Pioneer XDP-100R, Westone 4R IEMs, Massdrop Sennheiser 6XX and Beyerdynamic headphones. I'm looking to upgrade, so I'm sure I'll be spending a lot more time here!

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:04 AM Post #12,625 of 15,570
Hello everyone!

I actually had an account many years ago but lost it, so created a new one.

The main reason I created an account is because I want to share a review of the Nakamichi IEM Elite Pro 200, which I absolutely love. I demo'd many many IEMs from Audio Technica and other brands, and these ones stood out head and shoulders above the rest (even the most expensive Elite Pro 300 I thought weren't worth the double price tag).

Can anyone tell me how I can leave a review? The HeadFi forums are a bit confusing to me. I've searched online and found very little about these IEMs, especially in English, which is a shame because I think they are really superb value. I'm not affiliated to this brand in any way, I just feel I owe it to the community to shed light on them. I am based in Taiwan where they are less than NTD $4,000 (~140USD / 100 GBP / 120 EUR). Nakaimichi is a Japanese brand.

Other than that I have had my eyes on HD650 / HD6XX but it's not a priority right now. Previously used Bose and Audio Technica cans, small FiiO amp, iPod Classic but mostly Oppo phone as the source.

Thank you.
Click on Head Gear on top of the page screen, and find the item you wish to review. You can use the search function for this, just click 'Search' and select 'Items' instead of 'Everywhere'. Type in the name and search. If it doesn't exist, you can create your own Head Gear item, simply click 'Add Product' on the 'Head Gear' page, and input the necessary information and pictures of the item. Then afterwards you can find a 'Leave a Review' button on that item page, there you can write a review

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #12,627 of 15,570
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif
Hi Am Ben. I am new to the forum as well. I am more interested in vintage stereo equipment and especially Mcintosh and Mark Levinson but with old steros comes headphones!

Jun 6, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #12,628 of 15,570
Hi. This is not my first time here, as I have searched and read many reviews and impressions and have found them to be helpful to get to know more about portable audio, mainly in-ear monitors, and portable audio gear for some time.

I hope to share and relate more resourceful findings and meaningful experiences with others on this journey.

Jun 7, 2021 at 5:27 AM Post #12,629 of 15,570
Hi. This is not my first time here, as I have searched and read many reviews and impressions and have found them to be helpful to get to know more about portable audio, mainly in-ear monitors, and portable audio gear for some time.

I hope to share and relate more resourceful findings and meaningful experiences with others on this journey.

Welcome :)

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back