New Member Introductions thread
Apr 10, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #12,483 of 15,519
Hello, This is Pat. During pandemic I updated my home system with new Revel Performa2 speakers, Anthem AVM70 prepro, and D-sonic amps. Enjoying music more than ever. My job allowed me to work from home during covid - so listened to tunes all day. Now headed back to office in mid May. Have office with door so plan is go with nice open back head phones, headphone amp, and dac for my work desk. Thinking of starting journey with Focal Clear (MG), Schiit Jotenheim amp, Schitt Bifrost 2 dac. Looks like a fun hobby. A total newbie, just learning about need for amp/dac - prior headphones just straight to phone.

Apr 10, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #12,484 of 15,519
Hi from Singapore,

I've been enjoying and getting a whole lot about IEM in this site.

At the moment in own:

2 custom IEM . (both are Chinese made)
1)10 BA-driver per side (universal fit), comprise of:

2x swfk-31736
2x ed-29689
2x 37AP

4 way crossover
3 tube

2) 2nd (custom fit)

2x EST65DA01

one additional IEM on the way.

Apr 11, 2021 at 12:15 AM Post #12,485 of 15,519
Hello from Canada,

I got interested in audio equipment about 6 months ago, when researching speakers for my parents. Little did I know, I would get sucked into this hobby.

I confess, I have owned several Bose products, such as the QC35 and Soundlink Micro. While convenient while travelling, I now realize that there are much better options in terms of sound quality.

I started off about 6 months ago by buying a used Magni 1 and Modi 1, which have treated me well so far. They are obviously a bit outdated, so I am looking to upgrade and see what the difference in sound quality is. I also bought a used pair of AKG K7XXs, which were a game-changer for hearing footsteps in counterstrike. Much better than the QC35s, obviously, in terms of soundstage.

So far, I have ordered a pair of Sennheiser 6XXs, a BTR5, and a Moondrop Starfield IEM. They are still in the post, but I am very excited to try them out.

I also placed an order for a Schiit Asgard 3 and a Modi 3+. They were in my price range, and I am hoping this will be a noticeable difference from my original Magni-Modi combo.

Anyway, that is enough from me!
-Jjoshie

Apr 11, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #12,487 of 15,519
hi, i'm researching for my new desktop dac / amp setup, hopefully I can solve my doubts thanks!

Topping L30 or Schiit Heresy? and also if they fixed the problems in both units?

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 3:12 PM Post #12,489 of 15,519
Hello everyone! New member but I've been on and off the audiophile subreddits. Usually use avexchange to get some new headphones every now and then to try new things out! The last purchase was some LCD-2Cs that I ended up reselling since...I am weak sauce and they were too heavy for me. Loved the sound though!

Apr 13, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #12,490 of 15,519
Hi folks
Thanks for great forum, read many posts about AUDIO-GD dac's
Just recived AUDIO-GD R2R R-1 2021 version, No problem with Gustard u16 using i2s from the box, hdmi AudioQuest Perl cable 1m. But i read that older version of R-1 have problem with U16.

But it is already clear that u16 is better then USB input on R-1 and next upgrade will be AUDIO-GD DI20HE

Further palns: Master 19:wink: ... and after the balance power amp for KEF R7

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #12,491 of 15,519
Greetings from Palma de Mallorca, Spain. My name is Pedro and a few months ago I discovered this world of high quality audio and the truth is that once you enter there is no going back. Little by little I am putting together my team, I started with a laptop and came to this forum looking for information on planar magnetics headphones and a dac amp desktop computer. Greetings to all and thanks for accepting me.
Yo tuve unos Hifiman Sundara con un sonido excelente pero incomodísimos para largas escuchas. Los vendí. Ahora tengo unos Audeze Sine con las almohadillas de Vesper Audio, un bielorruso que las fabrica cojonudamente por encargo (tardan más de un mes, pero merece la pena). Como amplificador de auriculares, compré hace poco un X-Duoo TA-20 con dos válvulas 12AU7 y estoy encantado. Con todo, prefiero los auriculares dinámicos abiertos a los magnetoplanares. Tengo los bestiales Sennheiser HD-800s; nada los supera, al menos que yo haya probado. Uso los Sine como auriculares más "transportables" que los HD800s. Te recomiendo, en fin, esta página: https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/
Es la mejor página de análisis técnico de auriculares que conozco. En ella encontré la pista del bielorruso de Vesper Audio. Hay un post con una clasificación de auriculares (ordenados por precio) incontestable (https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/recommended-ones/). Como auriculares baratitos de batallla tengo unos Koss Porta-pro (una joya de los 80), unos Sennheiser PX-100 (como auriculares de cámara, para video) y unos Creative Aurvana (para el piano digital). Los únicos blutú que tengo (cómodos y con buen sonido) son los Sennheiser PXC-550 II, muy buenos para uso callejero, aunque quizá los supere en sonido el último 1000mx4 de Sony.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #12,492 of 15,519
Hey guys, Just wanted to say hi

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #12,494 of 15,519
Hi all

I have been viewing as a guest for a while now and thought it about time I registered and said hello! I am based in the UK, love music and until recently haven't listened much via headphones although this has changed over recent months. I have appreciated the comments/reviews you guys have posted and look forward to sharing in your community.:thumbsup:

Apr 14, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #12,495 of 15,519
Hi,

Kinda new to portable audiophile gear, just getting my hands on some current popular options and want to learn more on this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back