New Member Introductions thread
Apr 5, 2021 at 1:40 AM Post #12,466 of 15,537
Hi, my name is Andrea, and as you guessed I'm from Rome and I'm a big fanatic of headphones and amplifiers. I very much hope to learn many things from all of you.
Welcome Andrea looks like you got some nice headphones already.
Thanks! I would like to point out that everything I have in signature is what I currently have.

Apr 5, 2021 at 11:48 PM Post #12,467 of 15,537
Hey everyone, posting my intro been a long time lurker, I enjoy buying and selling lots of gear. I've been able to try out many things as of late. I've picked up a few things on here in the past month and have had a great time. Currently on my desk i have an A2 Yggdrasil / SOTM SMS 200 Ultra Neo / Pi2aes / Topping A90 and a SUSY Dynalo. My main headphones are the Abyss Diana V2 and The HifiMan Arya. I also have many other Midfi cans as well.

Apr 6, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #12,470 of 15,537
Hi Everybody,

First and last time I posted was back in 2015 I believe.
Haven't been on the forum anymore since (not due to the forum, stuff just happened in my private life that took over my time).
Meanwhile I'm slowly dabbling back in this world so I feel a re-introduction is in order, and a list of some stuff I've managed to gather in the years since.

I'm a 31 year old guy from The Netherlands, I live on tight budgets, but manage to buy something nice every now and then.
Been infatuated with music since I was a wee little boy.
Was introduced to the audiophile space by my mother from an early age. She can't stand bad sounding speakers, so by consequence I never had to xD
Ever since been prone to the audiophile-bug (no regrets).

Got married in the meantime, so have the WAF to deal with, but she's relatively understanding, so long as I don't fill the house to the brim with stuff.
I don't for approval if I buy stuff related to this hobby and she doesn't throw a hissy-fit if I do, so that's a bonus point for her :wink:

My hobby's include:
Music/Audio anything to do with enjoying sound (my first love in life was music)
Videogames
Cars...racing on track, tuning, enjoying drives (my second love in life, my first word was car... so yeah...)
Motorcycles
Watching good movies and series

My (perhaps weird) collection so far consists of the following:

Head-Fi
Headphones:
Sony MDR-V6 (old original version with sheepskin pads)
Sony MDR-V6 (refresh model with stock pads. I love the MDR-V6 so much, I just had to buy the short term refresh model when it was available, before they go extinct)
Philips SHP-9500
Audio Technica ATH-M40x
Audio Technica ATH-M60x

IEM's:
Hifiman RE400
Hifiman RE600S V2
Tin T2 (got lost in a recent house fire:sweat:)
Tin T2 Pro
Tin T3
Samsung Galaxy S10e AKG tuned earbuds (amazing to my surprise!!)
Sony MDR-XB50AP
Edifier P265

DAC/AMPS:
Fiio K3
*there should be coming more to this list in the coming years :wink:

DAP's:
Sansa Clip+ (the good one)
Fiio M3
Fiio M3Pro
Fiio M6

Mobile Phone's as DAP:
Samsung Galaxy S7
Samsung Galaxy S10e

Gaming Crap:
Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
Skullcandy SK Pro's...yeah I'm guilty of owning these xD, (I just liked how they looked. I didn't know what I was getting into back then, please don't judge. pads are totally weathered on these from just lying around, really looking for replacement pads, if anybody has any tips for something that'll fit, lemme know.)

Room-Fi :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Speakers
:
Bower&Wilkins DM110 (a vintage speaker with a sound signature I love)
Yamaha YST-SW45 (to combine with the DM110's for a little added low-end, but nothing crazy)
Bower&Wilkins DM110i (bought for my parents, my mother is into audio too)
Edifier R1850DB combined with Edifier T5 sub as set (setup as audio setup on my guest computer desk if a friend comes by to play some games)

Amplifiers:
Denon PMA-860 (vintage amplifier used for the B&W's)

Combo's:
Edifier S350DB
Logitech Z-2300
Logitech Z-5450 setup at my computer desk due to it's speaker size (my desk doesn't allow more room to the sides, it does the job, I mostly use my headphones anyway)

I could also list car ICE, but I think for this forum the 'room-fi' is perhaps already stretching it, so I'll leave it at this.
I intend to cruise these forums more regularly from now on.

Greetings,
Spaniard

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #12,472 of 15,537
Yeah, I listen to a lot of different music but those 4 groups are played here the majority of the time, you have great taste in music.:beyersmile:
👍

Apr 6, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #12,473 of 15,537
Apr 7, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #12,474 of 15,537
Hi everyone, Joe here!

This site got my interest because even though I don't consider myself to be an audiphile yet, I do have a passion for all sorts of sound gear. Headphones are something I just can't have enough of, even though my current budget appears to disagree.

I'm always eager to try out new headphones, even though I'm often disappointed because I can't yet afford high end cans. My current weapon of choice are the M50x, which I'm seriously considering drilling a few holes into to get a more open back feeling.

Looking forward to making a few acquaintances and maybe even a friend or two. :)

Apr 7, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #12,475 of 15,537
Hi everyone, Joe here!

This site got my interest because even though I don't consider myself to be an audiphile yet, I do have a passion for all sorts of sound gear. Headphones are something I just can't have enough of, even though my current budget appears to disagree.

I'm always eager to try out new headphones, even though I'm often disappointed because I can't yet afford high end cans. My current weapon of choice are the M50x, which I'm seriously considering drilling a few holes into to get a more open back feeling.

Looking forward to making a few acquaintances and maybe even a friend or two. :)
hi Joe !, I"m in the same boat... !!

its going to be a little more than just drilling holes, probably have to test different dampening/reflecting materials like foams and fabrics, membranes..

Apr 7, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #12,476 of 15,537
hi Joe !, I"m in the same boat... !!

its going to be a little more than just drilling holes, probably have to test different dampening/reflecting materials like foams and fabrics, membranes..
You're absolutely right!

I couldn't help myself and went ahead and drilled 7 holes on the bottom of the right can (to try to not affect aesthetics too much :p) and I removed the two pads inside. I can't decide if the difference I tell is due to placebo, but I'm not at all unhappy with what I've got so far. :D

Apr 9, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #12,478 of 15,537
Hi y'all. I'm Christoph, live in the midst of cornfields and pigs in the wilds of Ioway.

Apr 9, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #12,479 of 15,537
Hi y'all. I'm Christoph, live in the midst of cornfields and pigs in the wilds of Ioway.
nothing wrong with that.. i live in the backwater backwoods of Virginia amongst the "wrong turn" stars... land is cheap and beautiful.... why not?

Apr 9, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #12,480 of 15,537
nothing wrong with that.. i live in the backwater backwoods of Virginia amongst the "wrong turn" stars... land is cheap and beautiful.... why not?
In many ways, I feel sorry for them. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back