New Member Introductions thread
Apr 4, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #12,451 of 15,587
Hi everybody, my name is Andrea, and as you guessed I'm from Rome and I'm a big fanatic of headphones and amplifiers. I very much hope to learn many things from all of you.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #12,453 of 15,587
Hello, my name is Ty. My excitement for better audio equipment goes all the way back to 1980 when I bought my first stereo system here in Dayton Ohio from a place called Carlin Audio. ADS speakers, Denon receiver amp and turntable and a Nakamichi tape deck. I loved the program where every year you could upgrade your speakers and get full original price towards your next pair. Funny, i remember having to stop after a few years because my speakers where getting to big for my small basement bedroom. Oh, and how can if forget, a pair of Sony headphones for christmas. I forget the model but they were very nice for the time.

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #12,455 of 15,587
Hi,

New to this community as I am mainly active in reddit /r/headphones and /r/mechanicalkeyboards. Looking to get into some hifi soon to celebrate a new job.
Congrats on the new job! I’m active on both as well but this has been my home for much longer and lots of knowledgeable people here as well as not being as judgmental.

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #12,457 of 15,587
Hello, my name is Ty. My excitement for better audio equipment goes all the way back to 1980 when I bought my first stereo system here in Dayton Ohio from a place called Carlin Audio. ADS speakers, Denon receiver amp and turntable and a Nakamichi tape deck. I loved the program where every year you could upgrade your speakers and get full original price towards your next pair. Funny, i remember having to stop after a few years because my speakers where getting to big for my small basement bedroom. Oh, and how can if forget, a pair of Sony headphones for christmas. I forget the model but they were very nice for the time.
Welcome TY. I’m sure when all of this COVID stuff subsides my friend up in Dayton might start having meets again .

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #12,458 of 15,587
Apr 4, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #12,459 of 15,587
Hi everybody, my name is Andrea, and as you guessed I'm from Rome and I'm a big fanatic of headphones and amplifiers. I very much hope to learn many things from all of you.
Welcome Andrea looks like you got some nice headphones already.

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #12,460 of 15,587
Hi everyone.
I am Alexey. Berlin.
Interested in AC as well as headphones/DAPs.
Here well organized new info + buy/sell (causeway to ideal sound not so easy :) )
Welcome.

Apr 4, 2021 at 8:31 PM Post #12,461 of 15,587
Hello everybody! Just joined after having consumed my eyes by lurking around for ages :wink:

I'm starting to invest a little more in the hobby, at the moment I listen through a pair of Hifiman Sundara and Shure 425. They are driven by iFi Zen DAC and a Rega IO.

I have recently acquired (I'm consumed by the wait, of course) a pair of ZMF Verite' Closed and an RME ADI-2 DAC fs.

Looking forward to continuing to learn from the community!
Can’t go wrong with the Verite Closed just a great headphone. I love my Opens but probably will get a pair of closed as I do like a closed backs as well and not much better than them.

Apr 4, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #12,463 of 15,587
Hello everyone, been lurking for a bit and decided to join. Looking forward to another chapter in my audio journey, currently have a pair of HD 579s and today ordered some Hifiman Deva. I am stoked to try these planars, I love vintage audio and use a Sansui AU-717 as my amp. I am a big Grateful Dead, Zappa, Rush ,Yes, jazz, and metal fan. I am looking forward to learning from you all. Thanks for having me here:beerchug:
Damn The Dead,Rush,Yes and Zappa I’m with you with on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back