New Member Introductions thread
Jan 20, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #12,199 of 15,539
Hello, some time ago a regular consultant of this forum. It took me a few years to assemble a team at home and now entering the world of dap with headphones, so more than answers I have more concerns every day, part of this very pleasant adventure. Cheers

Jan 20, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #12,203 of 15,539
Hello - thought I would say hi. I have been reading tons of pages on here with the odd post from time to time. I am looking to get a few things, headphones, portable DAC/amp to start adding to my options.

Currently, have Denon PMA -720AE amp (that I want to get some decent headphones plugged in to) I use that with a Denon DCD- 720AE CD player and Monitor Audio BX2 speakers (which I adore)

Also have Shure SE425's - looking to get a portable DAC for these for use with phone and possibly at some point a portable dedicated player. May look to get a headphone amp to pair with laptop too and get some Hi-Res files sorted.

I will post in some groups for advice on gear to consider!

Cheers all

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #12,206 of 15,539
Hey everyone. I have been into SQ audio for decades and always bought decent speakers and soundbars for computer and home audio and was big into competitive SQ car audio equipment. With loving music (all music), audiobooks, podcasts and "clean" sound in general I always thought I bought "hi-end" headphones. I always tried to find the right headphones for every application in my life; working out, playing sports, relaxing, music sessions, studying, working, communication, gaming, late night TV, or just wanting to block out the world around me.

Well, being on here humbles me, but also makes me excited to try out new and interesting head and earphones (I really enjoy testing). I have been lurking on here and other sites for a few weeks. This made me go through all my old boxes of electronics and pulled out any and all headphones I have owned over the years to add and test with my recent items. I'll just list where I'm at now.

Spotify Premium from phone, tablet, laptop - BT, Aux or dongle

Douk Audio U3 Mini Amp
AudioQuest Beetle
iNassen USB C to 3.5 mm DAC
Meizu MasterHIFI USB C to 3.5 mm DAC
Superlux HD668b
Koss Porta Pro X (drop)
Status Audio BT One
Bose Sleepbuds
Acoustic Sheep Sleep Headphones
Bose Sound Sports wireless earphones
Bose NC 700 BT
Sennheiser HD-1 Momentum On-Ear wireless
ATH PG-1
Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Over-ear wireless
Powerbeats Pro Wireless earphones
QKZ VK4 IEM
KZ ZST IEM
Philips PH-805 Wireless NC
Cambridge Audio Melomania 1
Klipsch s4i earphones
Bose SoundTrue earphones
Shure SRH240
Jaybird TARAH

Wow, writing it out seems crazy! I can get a bit addicted to hobbies of mine. Lol.

Looking forward to thinning out some of these and growing my collection of new and improved head-fi.

Cheers,
Stotle

Jan 21, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #12,209 of 15,539
I guess I better say hey to get things started. I'm an audioholic with way too much vintage equipment. I have way too many LPs, CDs, cassette tapes, and R2R spools. I subscribe to too many music streaming services. The word "too" is my wife's word. Too late for loud stereos. Too early for Smashing Pumkins. Too blue for Muddy Waters. Too far in the woods for Phil Woods. Too many bricks in the wall. However, Too much is never enough - I believe those are Billy Idol's words. My family, however, doesn't agree. So headphones it must be!

Jan 21, 2021 at 11:22 PM Post #12,210 of 15,539
Hello
I just got into headphones about a year ago I started with dt 990s and now I am moving up the tier list to hopefully endgame hd800 sdr cant wait to try them. What a great community to be in though this hobby is a good one that I hope will bring new experiences to the sounds I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back