New Member Introductions thread
Jan 22, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #12,211 of 15,569
hello folks!

total newbie into headphones here. as an old timer into the stereo and home theater world i realized that full bore music sessions have considerable restrictions in a shared domestic environment. so here comes headphones to the rescue! i am excited and somewhat overwhelmed on the get go due to the myriad of selections and the new learning curve which hopefully does not lead into another bottomless rabbit hole! my initial browsing experience on this forum has been very useful so far in making purchase decisions. cheers!

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #12,212 of 15,569
New here from Portugal.
I’m middle age guy that always played with hi-fi products but in first place I like good music 😉

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #12,213 of 15,569
Hello everyone,
Honestly, I'm not a huge audiophile but still into audio equipment. I'm not new to hifi but just a newbie here on head-fi. I'm currently rocking JH audio layla and kumitate lab ref with an outdated DAP. I'm here trying to get to know more about the audio world, and hopefully get some advice on upgrading my setup. :)

Nice to meet you Guys from Japan

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:22 AM Post #12,214 of 15,569
Hi all. First post here, just to introduce myself and to get the posting started. I'm a musician and a lover of great sound. Current headphones are HiFiMAN Sundara, Fidelio X2HR/00, & ATH-M50x (I'm a previous HD-600 owner), and I use an iFi Hip-Dac. That's it for now... Just wanted to check in and say "hi".

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #12,215 of 15,569
Hi all. First post here, just to introduce myself and to get the posting started. I'm a musician and a lover of great sound. Current headphones are HiFiMAN Sundara, Fidelio X2HR/00, & ATH-M50x (I'm a previous HD-600 owner), and I use an iFi Hip-Dac. That's it for now... Just wanted to check in and say "hi".

Holy cow I was just coming to say hi because I just found this thread, joined earlier in the week. I'm not a musician but I too love high quality sound, and our over ear selection is eerie similar haha. I too have the Sundara, Fidelio x2hr, Audiotechnica ath-ad700x, that's funny. Also just got into iems after really wanting some for a solid year. Currently listening to my Moondrop Blessing2 and falling more in love by the second. I also have the Penon Fan on the way, as well as the Shanling ae3, Seeaudio Yume, Kinera bd005 Pro and Tiendirenhe td2 all enroute. I have a Schiit Fulla 3 currently but am going to return as it was never able to pick up my microphone. My Jds Labs atom is due in on Monday and I can not wait to let these Blessing2's loose. My best cables are Linsoul Euphrosyne, Cema Electro Acousti and some nice ****, FAAEAL, NiceHCK, and KBear Rhyme silver and copper assortments for both 2pin and MMCX. I am loving this new adventure, and can't wait to dive deeper into the immersive culture of audiophilea (that sounded bad 😂😂)

My name is Cameron, I recently turned 30 and I live in Northern California about an hour south of Sacramento. Very happy to be here, thank you all for being so welcoming and patient with my incessant rambling and questions.

Jan 23, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #12,216 of 15,569
Holy cow I was just coming to say hi because I just found this thread, joined earlier in the week. I'm not a musician but I too love high quality sound, and our over ear selection is eerie similar haha. I too have the Sundara, Fidelio x2hr, Audiotechnica ath-ad700x, that's funny. Also just got into iems after really wanting some for a solid year. Currently listening to my Moondrop Blessing2 and falling more in love by the second. I also have the Penon Fan on the way, as well as the Shanling ae3, Seeaudio Yume, Kinera bd005 Pro and Tiendirenhe td2 all enroute. I have a Schiit Fulla 3 currently but am going to return as it was never able to pick up my microphone. My Jds Labs atom is due in on Monday and I can not wait to let these Blessing2's loose. My best cables are Linsoul Euphrosyne, Cema Electro Acousti and some nice ****, FAAEAL, NiceHCK, and KBear Rhyme silver and copper assortments for both 2pin and MMCX. I am loving this new adventure, and can't wait to dive deeper into the immersive culture of audiophilea (that sounded bad 😂😂)

My name is Cameron, I recently turned 30 and I live in Northern California about an hour south of Sacramento. Very happy to be here, thank you all for being so welcoming and patient with my incessant rambling and questions.

Hi Cameron. We definitely DO have some gear in common, but you have much more than I own at this point! 😂 I am looking into getting a nice DAP, soon...

I'm an American expat and I lived in Sacramento (and Davis) back around 2000. Loved it there. Nice to meet you.

Jan 23, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #12,219 of 15,569
Hi,
My name is Jon and I am a headphoneaholic.
It’s been six days since my last purchase.
I am in search of the most detail and air I can find. Hate bass. HD650 - too much bass for me.
Love my 800, and Sundara are ok.
Vintage Stax guy too. The best.
I know a fair bit about tube amplifiers and am running a pair of Bottlehead monoblocks as my headphone rig.
Let me know if I can help anyone with tube questions.

Jan 24, 2021 at 2:29 AM Post #12,221 of 15,569
Hi, I am not so new here (registered back in 2013 haha), but I didn't really get into hi-fi until I signed up with Tidal recently (wondering why I stayed in Spotify land for so long).
Well, what a rabbit hole I fell into...
My current portable setup: iBasso DX160 or my phone + Helm Bolt, Moondrop Blessings 2 Dusk or JVC FDX1 (In coming: ThieAudio Monarch, having a high hope on that one)
Desktop setup: Colibri player on Mac mini, SMSL M500, Drop x THX AAA 789, Hifiman Sundara, (In coming: Drop x Focal Elex, Dan Clark Ether C Flow)
I bought most of my equipment used or refurbished, really saved me lots of $$, luckily they all look and work like new :D

Jan 25, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #12,225 of 15,569
Hello!

Just introducing myself. I'm from Brazil, and audio enthusiast for long time.

Quick history:My first headphone was a little AKG earbud from 90s with plastic case and volume control, that served me many years. After that I bought and AKG K619, good sounding but weak construction. more recently I acquired and AKG K52 and a KZ ZSN.

My stereo still a B&W CM4 (old ones) and a Rotel RA-1060 integrated amplifier.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back