New Member Introductions thread
Jan 14, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #12,181 of 15,646
New member. I have Focal Ut running through a two plug Black Dragon cable into a Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ playing Tidal MQA’s mostly. I also have a Project Debut turntable with a Grado Gold cart running into it for for the occasional vinyl listen. I LOVE the Focals.

I also have some Grado 325s I use with my ipad and an AQ Dragonly Red that I travel with.

I also have a non headphone system consisting of a Parasound JC2BP preamp, Parasound JC5 amp, Parasound JC3 Jr. Phono stage, Lumin D2 DAC streamer (with Sbooster BOTW PS), Music Hall Classic TT with AT 450VM cart, Nordost Blue Haven cables, Kef xq5 floorspeakers, Goldenear Supersub X, all powered through a Powerquest 3 conditioner and with all components and sub on Isoacoustic isolators.

I listen to all kinds of music. Jazz, grateful dead, hip-hop, folk rock. I really enjoy “acoustic sounds” QRP and half speed master vinyl pressings.

My reference tracks are:
- My home is in the Delta by Muddy Waters
- Chamaeleon by Herbie Hancock
- Arms of a woman by Amos Lee
- hey 19 by Dan
I wanna get me that Mytek when I grow up.

Jan 17, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #12,182 of 15,646
Hello, I am Sam.

I've come here looking for info before, but decided to join so that I could ask a few questions and maybe answer some. I'm looking to replace my desktop DAC and Headphone Amp, and since I bought mine the choices have grown exponentially. I have a Fiio E7 and E9 which I bought in 2011. They still work every day but are getting a little noisy and "poppy" (that's a technical term). So that is what I'll be doing right away.

My next project is getting my 1977 Marantz 2330 restored. It's well maintained, and the headphone jack is fine, but it has never been re-capped. Hopefully I can find a good tech to do it. After that, or in parallel, I will be putting new crossovers in a pair of JBL L100s.

But, my daily listener is predominately through the DAC and Headphone Amp. Thanks for being here, great site. S

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #12,183 of 15,646
Hi all,

Just thought I'd do my intro. I started off with Grado SR325i which I still can't decide if I like or not, various other brands and ear buds since then, and currently use Sony WH-1000XM4s as my go-tos. I had some XM3s which became faulty, so "upgraded" to the XM4s, only to find there's no AptX support! Devastating!! Now I can't really use them on PC.

Anyway I'm here as the solution seems to be to buy a FiiO BTA30 for PC use. I just need to find one for sale now, ideally in the UK. I seem there's lots of chat about BTA30 here so thought I should join.

Cheers

Jan 17, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #12,184 of 15,646
Hi !

New member from France, so I may not always be perfect with my english.
I currently use a Focal elegia which I pairing with a cayin n3 pro dap.
I also have a pair of CFA IO (but I don't use these very often).
I am really glad to be part of this forum which seem to be the ideal place for discussing of audio, hi-fi and stuff.

Cheers
Si des français sont sur ce forum manifester vous :hap:

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #12,193 of 15,646
Hey all, new here as well. Recently really got into audio last year, currently have an LCD-X paired with a Monolith 887 and SMSL SU-9, and love every second of it. I mostly stick around on reddit, but trying to branch out to different websites for the classifieds and talk with other like-minded people!

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #12,194 of 15,646
Hi guys, just joined here.
I've been listening to (good-ish) headphones for four years now. Have another 10 years experience of listening to crap headphones before that :ksc75smile:
I joined here because I have been lurking in the reviews pages for couple of years now.
Also realized this feels like starting to get into finer whiskeys. I used to think "jack and coke" is all I needed (and there IS a time and place for that i.e. trying to get sloshed in a club for example), much like how I was used to crap bass heavy headphones.
I jumped in when massdrop had Senn 6xx come out, then slowly upgraded to a basic schiit stack. Then got a few more headphones including dt 770 pro, some v-modas for fun, and a couple of days back got my Koss ESP/95X electrostats.
The journey continues! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back