New Member Introductions thread
Aug 14, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #11,731 of 15,537
Hey. Joe here.

I found the forum into looking into IEMs. I bought some BLON3 to use on my Xbox, but my friends' voices echo in party chat. Also hoping to use new IEMs when I record my podcast. We lost one show where I was using regular earbuds and the audio had an echo all the way through it; presumably the mic picked up leakage.

Aug 15, 2020 at 7:01 PM Post #11,732 of 15,537
Hey Guys I'm pretty new to all this, I'm into some vinyl. Admittedly my likes are kinda basic. I have for the most part found my music from theneedledrop youtube channel, Although I don't always agree, I can respect his opinion of music.

MY audio hobby is one of distraction and pleasure. It's more of a talking point and less of an investment. I have to keep reminding myself that because I sometimes get stuff that will increase in value rather than increase my happiness.

Aug 17, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #11,733 of 15,537
Hi Everyone, have been doing a fair amount of reading on this forum before signing up.
Old(er) school listener on CD and vinyl. Streaming / digital download was really only for music on the go. That's changed recently and I'm discovering the world of HQ streaming, DACs and listening @ home with headphones. My first pair of Grado's were a bit of an eye ear opener!
Looking forward to being able to participate here, I'm a professional Video / audio systems engineer by trade, admittedly much more video than audio!

Geoff.

Aug 17, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #11,734 of 15,537
Hi Everyone, have been doing a fair amount of reading on this forum before signing up.
Old(er) school listener on CD and vinyl. Streaming / digital download was really only for music on the go. That's changed recently and I'm discovering the world of HQ streaming, DACs and listening @ home with headphones. My first pair of Grado's were a bit of an eye ear opener!
Looking forward to being able to participate here, I'm a professional Video / audio systems engineer by trade, admittedly much more video than audio!

Geoff.
Welcome, and may I recommend the Grado fan club thread 😊

Aug 18, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #11,735 of 15,537
Hello everyone, My name is Jonathan, I've been reading threads on this site for a long time and I thought now would be a good time to join. I use a THX 789 and a D70, my favorite owned products are the Moondrop S8 and the M40x with ZMF cowhide pads. I've owned DT 1770 Pros and HD 650's. HD 650's weren't exciting enough and the DT 1770's had way too much sibilance a real big deal breaker for me.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #11,737 of 15,537
Howdy, just joined. I've been lurking for a while, been getting into the cheaper chifi hybrid IEMs. Most of the money I've saved by cooking at home during the pandemic, I spent on aliexpress, so... That's where I'm at. 😃

This forum looks to move fast compared to what I'm used to, and there seems to be a lot more etiquette involved, so I'll try not to step on any toes.

-Will

Aug 19, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #11,738 of 15,537
Hello Everyone!
New to the audiophile scene. I have a MEE6 pro and Bose QC III 2.
I am looking to understand and get more into best IEM. After a bit of research I got Legacy 3. To understand and appreciate the IEM, Headphones better and to understand what I like more.
Would love to hear the path people take in this journey.

Aug 19, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #11,739 of 15,537
Hey all, I'm an audio newb that is trying to get the most out of the games and music I play. I have some 58x's and a dream of good sound. I hope to learn enough to get the most out of the new found hobby without breaking the bank but that may be inevitable :o2smile:.

Let's see how good things can sound... on a budget

Aug 19, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #11,740 of 15,537
Hi, Audio newb as far as hardware. Been dabbling in research for a few years. Finally took the plunge and I have R3 pro saber on the way. I have AT MSR7's for now but also wondering what kind of IEM type earphones I should look at for starting out. Any good places to buy high fi tracks that dones cost double mp3's? Other wise ill have ot re rip all my cd's as FLAC for now

~RJ

Aug 20, 2020 at 7:05 AM Post #11,741 of 15,537
Hi, I want to introduce myself. I like rock music. Enough for the voice. Since I am at home with my wife and children here and there, I have to listen to music through headphones.
I have this:

Shanling M3s

Amplifier Yamaha A1

Quadral Montan Mk3

Headamp tube

Grado SR60

Sennheiser HD 800.

Now I want to buy sealed headphones, probably Meze 99 Classics, I don't disturb my wife and I will sell grado.
I will produce a quality DAC and then a Chameleon for HD800 correction.
I apologize for the English from the translator.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #11,742 of 15,537
Hello everyone!
Let's introduce myself: I really enjoy music. All kind of music, from rock, metal, pop, to classic and opera. I hear it at my work and at home, so i listen it mainly using headphones, preferably IEMs.

My gear of IEMs are mainly IMR stuff. I love this brand, so I have R1Z, R2 Aten, R2 Red, RAH, EDP, Opus Mia, and ordered a PB2. Other stuff I really love include Etymotic ER3XR, Shure SE535, RHA T20 and Oriolus Finschi, amongst other minor stuff.
I have 2 DAPs: Fiio M9 and Sony NW-A55L (and my android phone with ibasso DC01)
Headphones include Grados (60e and 225e), K702, MDR-7506 and HD25 with several DAC (fiio E10, E10k, Topping T10 and SounblasterX G6)

Hello again!!

Aug 20, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #11,743 of 15,537
Hello, everyone!
new user, but I've read a bunch of the topics written here.
I'm mostly into headphones, DAPs and cassettes. I also write reviews on Medium for headphones and other audio gear.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #11,744 of 15,537
Hi everyone,

New registered user here, long time lurker of the forums. I've always loved audio but have mostly put it on hold for the last decade due to marriage, babies, mortgage, etc. and am just starting to jump back into it. I work from home (even pre-COVID) so my use is mostly music with some movies/tv shows thrown in there. In the past I'd always gone towards over the ear headphones and have Sennheiser HD558 and the V-Moda Crossfade LP2. I like both those sets and largely prefer the LP2's over the pair of closed-backs I had before those, the M50x. The M50x just sounded dull to me and lacked sub-bass. Comfort wise I'll always reach for my Sennheiser's over my V-Moda's, as I have large ears and the V-Modas, even with the XL pads, rest on my ears a bit. Even the HD558 are smaller than I'd like, which is why I have recently turned towards IEMs.

After reading numerous reviews I went with the Moondrop Starfield's as my first recent IEM and it's been a bit of a mixed bag. I get why some people love them but the fit isn't great for me (I wish they didn't sit so shallow in my ear) and in terms of the sound I have a similar problem with these as I did the M50x- the sound is good but not very engaging.

I hope to post pretty frequently but don't have a lot to spend on this hobby. I'm mostly looking at things from a price/performance ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back