New Member Introductions thread
Jul 19, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #11,656 of 15,538
Hi all. Im Dave from the UK! Never owned headphones yet! Which is why I am here! Im a music lover that has solely used hifi for the last 20 years. For the last 10 years Ive been in the active speaker side of things and loving the results of that! Im about to post a thread on recommendations for what im looking for as I want to get headphones for listening out on walks and in the garden. Ive just been made redundant as I have worked for the last 9 years as techie/engineer in the live events game and the UK leading power, audio and lighting company I worked for has laid half of us as no festivals, gigs or anything until at least next year! Sad times so I want get in the best head space and get mentally fit by exercise and relaxation so a good pair of headphones will help me on that journey. Thanks all!

Ugh. Sorry to hear about your job situation Dave. I'm missing the summer concert / festival season so much right now. Hopefully we get some breakthrough before next summer

I use headphones in the complete opposite context as you (inside, sitting still) so I dont have a good rec for your needs but surely some others here will. It is a great way to relax and clear your head.

Jul 19, 2020 at 11:02 AM Post #11,657 of 15,538
Ugh. Sorry to hear about your job situation Dave. I'm missing the summer concert / festival season so much right now. Hopefully we get some breakthrough before next summer

I use headphones in the complete opposite context as you (inside, sitting still) so I dont have a good rec for your needs but surely some others here will. It is a great way to relax and clear your head.
Tell me about we had just spent over a 100k on new distro units up to 800amp to power some new festivals and all sat unbuilt now! My last job in march was to build a very complex multi channel audio rack! Thousand of crimps and pins and hours and hours, all beautifully and anally loomed to my perfections! All a waste!

Jul 19, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #11,658 of 15,538
Bought my first pair of Cans. I’m a longtime audio enthusiast, but Apple headphones blow. I’m going to be in a hospital for 4 weeks. Figured I’d get some good jams in. I have LSTN Troubadours (non BT), now I just need a headphone amp.
So, hello all.
Ed

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #11,664 of 15,538
Hello! I’m Don. Newbie to the site. Time I step out of the shadows a into the light. Looking forward to putting together a headphone system built around my Massdrop Sennheiser Mass Drop HD-6XX & NAD Viso HP-50’s. I am learning and educating myself by reading the informative posts by headphone enthusiasts here. I haven’t been disappointed. You have a great group keeping us informed on the new products, reviews, insights, and more. I look forward to contributing when and where I can. Thank you for listening and for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back