New Member Introductions thread
Jul 25, 2020 at 1:49 PM Post #11,676 of 15,524
Hello all. My name is Jonathan and I am a new member of and hopeful contributor to the Head-fi community. I live in Pennsylvania and have been a long-time (multi-year) headphone user. All my music listening is, in fact, CD-based via headphones. Genres of choice are jazz, R&B, rock. The headphones are: Audeze LCD-X, Audeze LCD-4z, and Meze Empyrean. Other gear is: AudioLabs 6000-CDT, Mojo Audio Mystique EVO DAC, Linear Tube Audio MZ3 headphone amplifier, Morrow Audio interconnect / power cables. Thank you for allowing me to join in and for reading.

Jul 26, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #11,677 of 15,524
Hi Folks. I found my way here primarily because of Jason's Stoddard's blog. I didn't immediately become a Schiit fanboy when I bought a Modi 2 Uber 5 years ago, but between Jason's book and a few more recent purchases, I'm getting there! I've been a 2-channel guy since my first NAD 20 watt receiver and ADS speakers in the late 70s, and have been running vintage Mac amps in recent years. But I'm looking to get some more modern kit, and that's included a recent Vidar purchase, which I'm enjoying immensely. Oh, and I almost never use headphones...
Wishing everyone good health and good luck.
dhcarquinez (Dave)

Jul 26, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #11,680 of 15,524
New member (but old stereo listener) here. Just joined. My musical interests are far ranging, though as I get older, my ears are less ranging. I use headphones for TV and stereo listening. I buy a lot of stuff and sometimes sell a little stuff when I run out of space. My wife does not care as much for listening to music (especially louder which is what I need - see above) so headphones keep her happy and me too when the quality is acceptable. Thus, my huge Polk Audio and Bose 901 speakers serve mainly as nice stands for audio accessories and multiple turntable cartridges. I have recently purchased a set of Pioneer Monitor 10 II which impress me a lot. I also have a set of Sony WH1000XM3 headphones used mostly for TV.

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #11,682 of 15,524
Hello everybody,

I'm here because I've yet to discover whether I'm an audiophile lacking the right gear, or just have crappy ears unable to appreciate a nice sound.
My ears are 32 years old.
In terms of headphones, I got a Bose QC35 II a year ago, and, while happy with the ANC in planes, I was not convinced by the quality of the sound. I later discovered these things called "codecs"!
Now, I just received my Meze 99 Classics, and I'm still not happy, but that's not to elaborate here.
Beside, I also have a Logitech Z906 5.1 that I rarely use for fear of getting my neighbors angry.

I think it's clear from the above I have a lot to learn, and I'm currently trying to decide whether I should just read this forum for a while to get acquainted with the vocabulary, or if I should go straight to the community to help me improve my learning curve.

Anyway, nice to be part of this community!

Jul 28, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #11,684 of 15,524
Hey everyone.

Pretty much the same as the guy above, a long time lurker.
I frequently visit this site whenever I want to know if the headphones I want to buy would be my next daily driver or be something to avoid like the plague.
I am a frequent music listener from my trip to and from work, during breaks, and when I am home.

Hope we can get along.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back