New Member Introductions thread
Jul 1, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #11,583 of 15,539
Hello,This is jing, From China.Love music but not good at sing:floatsmile:.Earphone is my life necessities.So i decide work in the KBEAR HIFI Earphone team.

And we recently released a new earphone
Which suit for the fresh earphone enthusiasts.
KBEAR KS2 have great soundstage and emphasized bass.

I am also a fresh earphone enthusiast.(Still learning now~~~~)
And like it so much.So recommend to you.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001134070208.html?spm=a2g0o.store_home.slider_1000001767972.2

And now it is in a new product event.you can get the discount price during 2020 6.30-7.1.
( 1.Promo code:2020KBEARKS2.
2.Become the followers of KBEAR Official Store)
1_17.jpg1_09.jpg1_16.jpg

Jul 1, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #11,584 of 15,539
Hi all.
I'm new here from Italy (please forgive my english), guitarist and hifi addicted.
Visited this forums for many months now and wanted to be part of them. Thanks to everyone here, with your help I got a nice selection of cans.

Jul 1, 2020 at 1:01 PM Post #11,585 of 15,539
Hello, I'm Matt, a software platform engineer from Kentucky.

The username is because I was blind in one eye for a few months from an injury.
'Cyclops' just kind of stuck even though it no longer applies. If you frequent reddit in r/headphones and r/headphoneadvice you may see me posting there as u/CyclopsAirsoft.

I've been falling down the rabbit hole of headphones (even more than usual) recently and I wanted to expand the group of people I converse with.

Jul 2, 2020 at 6:10 AM Post #11,587 of 15,539
Hello, everyone! I am a new member from Indonesia. My cans for now are Intime SORA, Intime KIRA + Re:cord PALLETE 8, and Sony Walkman NW-A45. For my IEMs I use JVC Spiral Dots++.

Nice to meet you all!
hello there. I'm really interested to know how the intime Kira is. Can you give me a description of their sound?

Jul 3, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #11,588 of 15,539
Hello,
Thank you for accepting me to Head-fi.org
Music is a big and important part of my life - violinist/teacher and wife is a pianist/teacher too.
I am recent to headphones and have some gear:
Roon
Innous Zen 3
Mytek Brooklyn Dac+
HiFiMan Ananda

I am currently looking at purchasing a Woo WA22 1st generation and would like to know the differences between it and the 2nd generation. I don't know if the 2nd generation functions well as a preamp to a tube power amp to drive speakers. The output XLR would need a connector/XLR to RCA interconnect. I don't know if this set up is flawed though - forma sonic point of view.
Any comments would be most welcome.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #11,589 of 15,539
Hello HeadFi.

It all started with the COVID quarantine. My office told everyone we were working from home until further notice. I like to listen to music while I work, but this was causing some domestic friction with Sra.Dinero who prefers the quiet.

I had some old Bose noise-cancellers which *seemed* fine. But then the left earpiece fried after a couple weeks at home. I needed some new headphones STAT.

I got some recommendations from folks on a music forum that I follow, and I started doing some of my own research and came across Head-Fi and some other sites with good information and reviews.

That was a couple months ago. Now I can't stop buying new headphones. I got some Ultrasone HiFi 450s, and quickly upgraded to Hi F 780s and then Pro 900s. I had never heard of open-back headphones before, so I started with some Beyer Dt 990 Pros to get my feet wet there. I kept reading about Grado, and their website made me want to sing "Proud To Be An American" so I scored some 325s on Ebay and quickly moved on to some well-used GS1000s. I've come to the conclusion that I really like big, roomy earcups. I've got my eye on some LCD-2s if the price is right.

Musically, I listen to a little bit of everything but a lot of jazz, classic rock, and jam bands. Jazz while I'm working, rock when I'm partying.

Jul 3, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #11,590 of 15,539
Hello HeadFi.

It all started with the COVID quarantine. My office told everyone we were working from home until further notice. I like to listen to music while I work, but this was causing some domestic friction with Sra.Dinero who prefers the quiet.

I had some old Bose noise-cancellers which *seemed* fine. But then the left earpiece fried after a couple weeks at home. I needed some new headphones STAT.

I got some recommendations from folks on a music forum that I follow, and I started doing some of my own research and came across Head-Fi and some other sites with good information and reviews.

That was a couple months ago. Now I can't stop buying new headphones. I got some Ultrasone HiFi 450s, and quickly upgraded to Hi F 780s and then Pro 900s. I had never heard of open-back headphones before, so I started with some Beyer Dt 990 Pros to get my feet wet there. I kept reading about Grado, and their website made me want to sing "Proud To Be An American" so I scored some 325s on Ebay and quickly moved on to some well-used GS1000s. I've come to the conclusion that I really like big, roomy earcups. I've got my eye on some LCD-2s if the price is right.

Musically, I listen to a little bit of everything but a lot of jazz, classic rock, and jam bands. Jazz while I'm working, rock when I'm partying.

That’s quick work, very nice!

Jul 3, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #11,591 of 15,539
Hi all,

I've been playing music since i was 12-13 years old. We'd spend hours and days practicing on the stage.

My chi-fi earbuds broke 2 months ago, and i just a job then so i bought some really nice over-ear Momentums 1st gen.

I came across Audeze Sine's last month in an ad and bought them. Since i heard them i knew my wallet was ****ed. I am now waiting for a Sonata hd pro amp/dac to arrive from China, to give them some juice.

Anyway, new to the whole thing so i have no experience and limited funds, so any tips would be welcome. I've been thinking on splurging for a 2nd hand Mojo or something, if that is a good idea?

Cheers from Bulgaria

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #11,592 of 15,539
Hi Everyone

Just joined after the forum being recommended by Jason @ CustomCans.

Recently changed my headphones from AKG 712-Pro to Focal Elears. So far, I’m very pleased with them.

They’ve just been run in, but now changing the stock cable to a CustomCans cable, so that will probably need to be run in as well.