New Member Introductions thread
Apr 14, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #11,327 of 15,551
Hi all!

Thanks for letting me into this awesome community. Been exploring the journey that is HiFi for about two years now. I've been a lurker for a little bit but am excited to become a more active participant.

Source: PC (Tidal)
DAC: Topping D10 (looking to replace)
Amp/Pre: LTA MZ2 & Emerald Physics 100.2SE
Cans: HD600
Speakers: KEF LS50

Apr 14, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #11,328 of 15,551
Hi.

I'm Kris. I have a pair of HD650's, as well as a pair HD500 MkII's. I use a Little Dot MkII headphone amp on my main stereo audio system, which contains a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon turntable, a Sony SACD player, and a Logitech Squeezebox device. For my workstation listening while I work, I built a cmoy amp, which I use with a Schitt Modi DAC.

I have a picture of me in about 1974 wearing my dad's Koss cans, so I've been into the headphone thing for quite a long time!

-Kris

Apr 15, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #11,334 of 15,551
Hi guys!-) New to audio in any meaningful way, and far to impulsive and making dumb choices. Sitting here with a pair of Beyers T70p I blew on some app w my thick fingers to big for the slender touch of gorilla screen tech, and a pair of Senn hd650 w a Rega ear. Had a dragonfly red but it gave me nervous breakdowns by the way it Sometimes functions w android, and I gave it back to the store. Waiting for some Audeze lcd 1s and have gone through momentum 1 and two, and the audiofever it going down a bit. Luckily I am getting a puppy Saturday, (puppies can be dogs also, not only headphones you know). I have new drivers for teh Beyers, 250s this time, and will get someone less clumsy than myself to fix them for me. Thanks for being! Roland cables bought today smacked me up.-)

Apr 16, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #11,337 of 15,551
Hello,

My name is Brooke and I'm coming back to headphone audio after a while away. Back in the '90's I was a engineer on ships travelling all over the world. To enjoy music while living full time on ships with limited space, I put together a headphone based travelling sound system: Sony D-335 discman, Headroom Cosmic Amp, Grado HPA-2 amp and power supply, Sennheiser HD580, Etymotics ER-4's (great for use in oud spaces like the engine room), and Grado SR60's). It was a great setup for the time and I still have all of it excepting the Sennheisers. I could run it in my bunk plugged in, or out and about with battery power.

I recently dug it all out of my basement to compliment my desktop listening system (TEAC AI-503 DAC/Amp powering Gallo Micro SE speakers and subwoofer for nearfield listening). I've been modding my SR60's and am considering getting a tube amp to compliment the TEAC. Considering selling the Grado to someone with HP1000 headphones.

Apr 17, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #11,339 of 15,551
Long time reader, new member and as requested posting in this Forum as my first post.
Have been enjoying for some time, and thought it was about time to contribute.
Recently have seen people frustrated trying to get SW to work, and could have helped IF I was a member and could have replied. So time to pay it back/pay it forward!
And yes I've been sorry for my wallet for a long time, but its been fun and to me, worth it!
Thanks to the admins for welcoming me on board!

Apr 18, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #11,340 of 15,551
Hi, I'm Timothy and currently a college student I've always finding audio stuff interesting to me and I've been the friend to ask for recommendations on tech and audio stuff and i know there is a lot more to explore for me and just saved up some money recently to get into more expensive iems and would like to join the community and make new friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back