New Member Introductions thread
Apr 9, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #11,312 of 15,564
Hello all,

My Name is Ryan.
I own T8ie MKii & Campfire Andromeda.
Now I'm looking for a DAP to instead of my iphone 11.
What's your recommend, I prepare 1000US to 1500 for it.
Warm sound, Bluetooth DAC, USB DAC, .. still thinking

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #11,314 of 15,564
Nice community here. I don't at all mind this new hobby, not to mention a lot of music listening, to keep me distracted from everything else going on outside right now.
Welcome, glad you are making a bad situation a little better with music !

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #11,316 of 15,564
Hi. I am Marcin from Poland i am 26yo. I am new. I am newbie in the audio. But i want to improve myself. My current gear is asus xonar essence stx ii, Focal Elear and edifier r2730. I am gamer and metalhead. I'm in love with 80s music style etc. I am fan of the witcher series, books and games.
You have come to the right place, lot of people enjoy the same as you. Have a good time !

Apr 10, 2020 at 3:25 PM Post #11,318 of 15,564
Greetings from Vancouver!
I was looking to sell my JH-Audio Lola on my local Craigslist, which didn't go well. So a friend of mine suggested I check this forum and I am hoping to find some good experience here.
I am also very interested in the final audio A8000 and B1, glad I've already found many high quality reviews here during my account approval.

Apr 10, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #11,319 of 15,564
Hello Everyone,

Greetings from Virginia. I'm a longtime 2-channel audiophile that has been using Sennheiser 650s for many, many years as my late night listen devices. This past winter, the awesome folks from Linear Tube Audio introduced me to a world of headphones and amps that just blew me away. (I have one of their stereo amps, and really love the technology and sonics it brings to my 2-channel system) Well, this Corona virus and work from home situation has me really thinking about uprgrading my headphones, and have been lurking on this forum for the past few weeks reading up and planning my next steps. Anyway, hello again, and everyone stay safe.

Bob

Apr 10, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #11,320 of 15,564
Hey folks,

This is Tim from Cologne. I started reading the forums few weeks ago.
In December I bought an iFi ZEN DAC to drive my B&W P5 S2, primarily for use in office. I was deeply impressed by the improvement in sound for the P5, but I was even more impressed when I tried a pair of cheap Sennheiser earbuds with the ZEN. They sounded so much different with the ZEN and I felt very comfortable with the in-ears, so I started looking for an IEM that fits my needs. I’m also thinking of an upgrade to the DAC like xDSD or Mojo.

That’s why I ended up right here. :wink: Hopefully you can help me finding the right gear for me.

Cheers
Tim

Apr 11, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #11,321 of 15,564
Hey Y'all,
My name's John, I just started reading on here a few weeks ago. Not too big on forums normally, but being as new to audio equipment as I am, hopefully being around here can help me learn more! Right now I am running my HD6xxs off a modi 3 and magni heresy, and I'm hopefully getting either a little dot or dark voice for tube sound soon (if I can find a good deal on the classified section hopefully).
Glad to be a part of this,
John

Apr 11, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #11,322 of 15,564
Hey all,

I'm Aaron. Longtime lurker, first time member. I've been running a set of Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros through a Fiio E09K desktop amp for years. My setup has been entirely PC-based and I've been using it for games, music, and movies ever since I threw away a set of rinky dink Razer Megalodon gaming headphones. I've also got an ATH-M50x on the side which hasn't really seen much use. I reserve those for listening to my electronic drumset, but something about their sound/feel doesn't do it for me when I'm at the computer.

I just moved into a new place and bought some JBL LSR 305p MKII stereo speakers to accompany my headphones, so I'm finally looking to upgrade from my E09K to keep up! Hoping to get some input from the community here - I'm glad to be on board!

Apr 12, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #11,323 of 15,564
Hello everyone,

I have been a long time lurker on Head-Fi and decide to make an account.

The following is my gear list
Source: PC, Android phone
Streaming services: Spotify, YouTube
DAC: Apple USB-C dongle, Grace Design SDAC Balanced
Amp: THX AAA 789
Headphone: Sennheiser Game Zero
IEM: Shure SE846, Sony MDR-EX1000

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #11,324 of 15,564
Just saying hello. A friend of mine introduced me to the world of headphone gear few years ago. Started with HD6XX and HE400i connected to Oppo HA-2 portable amp and my iPhone. Then went from iPhone to Aurrender N100H with Woo WA7 and recently upgraded to Manley Absolute Amp. Looking to upgrade to better headphones. I’m slowly upgrading my gear every year.

Apr 13, 2020 at 6:54 PM Post #11,325 of 15,564
Hi to everyone,
Please forgive any missteps or other faux-pas I may do, this the first time I have posted anything anywhere, (except sales ads). I'm new here and haven't really spent any time on this site. I was led here by a search for tube comparisons that one of the members did. I will still need to try and find that again, but in the meantime figured I might as well join. I have and use headphones fairly regularly. LCD-3 cans with Audio Envy cable hooked to a Glow Audio Amp 1 using notebook computer playing Tidal through a Glow Audio DAC. Love this combo and haven't felt an urge to change anything now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back