New Member Introductions thread
Apr 5, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #11,296 of 15,604
Afternoon all!

Checking in from Aberdeen, Scotland. Taking the time during lockdown to listen to music, organise near 30 years of CDs, vinyl, and digital collections. Got my self a Mojo & poly combo, loving it. Closed back planners' so I don't aggro me partner. Will have a tonne of questions etc.

Hope every one is well, take care, peace and love.

Parky

Apr 6, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #11,297 of 15,604
Hello, everyone at Head-Fi !
Francesco here joining in from Italy.

Much like Parky in the post above mine, I'm taking even more time for listening to music (mostly indie electronic and ambient) during these incarceration unemployement days.
I hope they find you healthy and well enough, and looking forward to learning things from the experienced ones here.

Catch you around!

Apr 6, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #11,300 of 15,604
Hey how’s it going?

Chris from Chicago here. Used to be big into HiFi and then took a break and recently started to get back into it With headphones. Right now rocking some Schiit and Sennheiser HD 600s and looking forward to learning more and upgrading!

Apr 7, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #11,304 of 15,604
Hi! Greetings from Lima, Peru! My name is Aldo, and the hi-fi audio is one of my main hobbies.
My current portable setup is a Sony NW-WM1A pair with a Fearless S8 Freedom, using the 4.4mm pentacom output. I also have an stereo hi-fi system.
I enjoy listening to HiRes music, mainly in Flac or MQA.
See you in this nice forum.

Apr 7, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #11,305 of 15,604
My name is Gubbies. As a long time lurker, I was compelled to join over an issue with a spinny potentiometer. I need guidance and hopefully I can contribute some as well. I love tube amps. I keep tubes in a tube cozy. When I announced my intention to become an audiophile, I was advised against it. Ironically, I didn't listen. Hello everyone!

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #11,306 of 15,604
Hey all thanks for having me.

Been a lifelong lover of all things audio and worked in various capacities around audio for over 20 years but only relatively recently have I really started drilling down into budget audiophile setups for my personal use. Within the past year I've found myself becoming a headphone hoarder on my quest to find the perfect combo. Before this recent grand revelation I only ever really used my Sony MDR-7506 which were my work horses for decades and some DT-770 Pros that were given to me at my current job. However within the last year or so I've seen the light and come into acquiring an Enog2 Pro, Loxjie P20, Loxjie A10, JDS Labs Atom, JDS Labs Subjective EQ, Schitt Sys, THX AAA 789, Micca RB42's, Monoprice Modern Retros, Blon BL03, Sennheisser HD 6XX and 58X Jubilee, Fidelio X2HR, Monolith M570, DT-990 Premium, Sony WH-1000XM3 and a couple Koss KPH30i's (even created an easy peasy imgur guide on how to swap in Yaxi PortaPro pads).

I've got the sickness and am currently keeping my eyes peeled for the next headphone pickup. I look forward to participating in informative discussions and just being a part of the community. Stay safe everyone!

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:26 PM Post #11,307 of 15,604
Hi! Greetings from Lima, Peru! My name is Aldo, and the hi-fi audio is one of my main hobbies.
My current portable setup is a Sony NW-WM1A pair with a Fearless S8 Freedom, using the 4.4mm pentacom output. I also have an stereo hi-fi system.
I enjoy listening to HiRes music, mainly in Flac or MQA.
See you in this nice forum.

Nice. Digging the Strung Out album cover as profile pic. Welcome fellow newbie
StrungOutSTWB.jpg

Apr 7, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #11,308 of 15,604
Hello everyone from San Francisco. I was laid off in January, so I was already spending a lot of time at home and just ahead of our official shelter-in-place I rediscovered my fancy cans (LCD-X and HD660S) and realized I could hook my Mojo up to my iMac and make myself a nice little desktop listening station using Roon and my digitized collection. This was so entirely delightful I realized it really would be better having equipment meant for the desktop, rather than a rechargeable and somewhat underpowered Mojo, however capable it is. I started researching again, tried out a Monoprice 887 for a few days, had a Magni 3+ come in and outdo the THX unit as a welterweight stepping into the ring (both fed by a Modi 3), and now I'm blasting my ears with an Asgard 3 and I've placed an order for a Bifrost 2. What can I say? When I start geeking out, I tend to dive in quick.

Nice community here. I don't at all mind this new hobby, not to mention a lot of music listening, to keep me distracted from everything else going on outside right now.

Apr 8, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #11,310 of 15,604
Hi. I am Marcin from Poland i am 26yo. I am new. I am newbie in the audio. But i want to improve myself. My current gear is asus xonar essence stx ii, Focal Elear and edifier r2730. I am gamer and metalhead. I'm in love with 80s music style etc. I am fan of the witcher series, books and games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back