New Member Introductions thread
Mar 18, 2020 at 8:58 PM Post #11,238 of 15,592
I used to be on head-fi ten years ago (I lost the pwd to that acct and email), where based on advice here I got me a little dot mk3 and Ultrasone 2500 and Etymotic ER4Ps and Sennh HD595. While I liked the headphones, (Ultrasones since then have broken down), I somehow never ended up using Etymotics. I mostly used Ultrasones but they were fairly uncomfortable for me. In retrospect I should have just gotten Sennheiser HD600, which I have got here very recently and I really love them).

I've been looking at various headphones like AKG, Beyerdynamics, Hifiman, KOSS electrostats, Focal Elear, not sure which ones to get next. I will look for something under 400 used on the forums. I mostly listen to Jazz and acoustic since I got the HD600, but my plan is to get more into Classical in the next few months. Right now I listen to Coltrane, Wes Montgomery, Oscar Peterson, Bireli Lagrene. For classical I started with Stravinsky, and will go back to that soon.

Together with HD600 I bought ZDT Jr. and really love the combination, a bit later I've added Airist R2R dac and it seems to have been a huge imporovement as well though I haven't a/b tested with the older SDAC i have. Not sure what else to do to upgrade this setup. I already have GE tubes for the amp..

My other hobbies are learning languages (on latin now), learning piano (which was the original reason for getting HD600), loose japanese green teas, chinese teas, yoga, hand balancing, juggling and skateboarding, reading (reading tom hardy and war and peace now).

Feels good to be back to head fi community after so much time has passed! I was in fact surprised head fi is still around! Places come and go on the net!

Mar 20, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #11,240 of 15,592
Hi all! Long time lurker but a new rego. I’ve been predominantly a 2.1 channeler and have only recently decided that headphones would be best for me now with 2 small kids on the ground. Currently modest with some momentum 2.0 over ears & dragonfly black plus a 10+ year old set of Sony in ears that were ok for the day, about to be upgraded to something from the land of fiio. Have a bad habit of expensive hobbies and my oh my is this a deep rabbit hole. Wish me luck.

Mar 20, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #11,241 of 15,592
Hi All,

New to the forum. Have been browsing a few threads for a short while and seems like some great info here!

Am just getting into "head-fi", have always had an appreciation for hi -fi audio but recently moved house and decided to up the game a little.
Kitted out the living room with a set of KEF R3 bookshelf's, Cambridge Audio 851N streamer / integrated digital pre and a 851W power amp. The setup sounds great but the other half doesn't let me enjoy it as much as I would like so I quickly started looking at headphones.

I have started my headphone journey but not quite there yet. I have a Schiit Mjornir 2 sitting on my desk that I picked up the other week and am waiting on a pair of Audeze LCD-3's. Once the LCD-3's turn up, I may start off with the 851N connected to the Mjolnir as a pre-amp / headphone amp and then on to the 851W so I can leverage the streaming capabilities of the 851n in both speaker and headphone modes but the endgame is to leave the 851N + 851W + KEF setup alone and have a Schiit Yggdrasil DAC feeding the Mjornir into the LCD-3's - I just need to figure out what I will use for digital input into the Yggy.

Cheers,

Ben

Mar 22, 2020 at 10:56 PM Post #11,245 of 15,592
Hey all, registered earlier last year when I first started to get into the audio/headphone world but finally deciding to really dive in and try to get active. Got a pair of Sennheiser 6XX and a Klipsch Heritage Amp but excited to start plotting my next purchases - RIP wallet.

Mar 23, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #11,247 of 15,592
Hi everyone! I got into headphones a few months ago after I moved to a new place and couldn't use my bookshelf speaker set up due to having neighbors on the other side of the walls.. I've been lurking in the DIY Cable Gallery thread and finally decided to make an account the other day. I've learned a lot so far and hope to continue learning more and meeting new ppl.

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #11,248 of 15,592
Hello Friends,

I am Pulkit, I am a gadget freak. I love listening to songs since childhood. Just wanted to say hi to all of the fellow enthusiasts.

Mar 23, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #11,250 of 15,592
Hi everyone. My name is Lucas. I’m new around here and admittedly I just want to list things for sale and also buy things here and there. I’m in the Air Force so I’m always traveling around (europe currently) maybe I can help you get some gear you want back in the states or vice versa. I was a PC gamer turned audiophile after watching s few videos on Dacs/Amps. Currently I have a set of SRH1440’s I’m loving with a set of Alpha Dogs on the way. If you want to say hi just shoot me a message!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back