New Member Introductions thread
Feb 2, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #11,104 of 15,564
Hello everyone, greetings to you. I am new here, of course, and do not participate in forums too much, only from time to time. I do not own a TV and do not watch videos on line or movies. Just read, listen to music, and enjoy good company and the great outdoors. Avid horseback rider on the trails, use to dabble in cross country endurance racing on horseback. Married for 30+ years, two adult children, three dogs.

So about music. I ushered at the San Francisco Symphony, just about once a week except for the symphony summer break, for 4 years and then was a season ticket holder for another 3 years before moving away. In addition, I use to go to many live performances of jazz, vocals, chamber, etc. All before I purchased my first stereo system. This experience gave me a great appreciation for music of all kinds. It is an important part of my life. Also, I studied acoustics/physics in grad school and later helped to develop an ultrasonic imaging system for the human heart. With that background, I have some sense of how stereo equipment works, room acoustics in general.

Just purchased my first set of headphones, HD600's, and a Schiit Valhalla 2 amp. Using Spotify from an iMac and a Denon DM300 USB DAC for a source. Just ran everything for 2 days to break in. Sounds really wonderful, much better than I anticipated, I must say. Now I am starting to see why so many people like headphones. I look forward to using this system and to learning more about the headphone equipment in general on this forum. Thank you in advance for all of your help.

John

Feb 2, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #11,105 of 15,564
Hello All
New here but have always loved my music.
I've been getting into bluetooth TWS for the commute, and to keep the open office din down a bit, and there is lots of good advice and opinion here, so thought I might join in.
Cheers

Feb 3, 2020 at 2:51 PM Post #11,109 of 15,564
Hi everyone,

Quite new here, I made an account because I've been stalking for quite a while the head-fi forum looking for different recommendations and I thought the time has come to make an account. I currently have a pair of Audio Technica ATH-AD500x paired with an old amplifier for headphones. Using them at my computer most of the time. In the past I owned a pair of Somic MH463, but unfortunately they died.

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #11,110 of 15,564
Hey ya'll,

Long-time lurker but first time poster. Been in the hi-fi game since 2015, starting with the 1M Triple Drivers because of some reviews off those popular tech sites. Slowly learned more and expanded my collection. Mainly IEM due to comfort. Now, my collection consist of CA Solaris SE, CA Andromeda, InEar PP8, MD x EE Zeus, Beyer Xelento, Moondrop Blessing, Ety 4XR, Tin T2, and 1M Triple Driver. I so own Sony XM3 (In-ear and headphones) and Galaxy buds. Sony headphones for flights, Sony in-ear cuz I was curious, and GBuds came with phone and used for workouts. Looking to buy a set of Open-back headphones soon, but decided which one yet; aiming for planar or estat since there's not many good options for IEMs with those drivers.

Feb 4, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #11,111 of 15,564
Hello everyone!

I decided to join the forums to get some expert advice and to learn more about hi-fi gear.

I have a Fiio M11, FiiO FA7 IEMs, Dragonfly Red DAC, and Audio-Technica ATH M50X headphones. I hope to buy some more gear in the form of a dock for my Fiio and hope to get some advice on this.

Thanks for letting me join up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back