New Member Introductions thread
Oct 14, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #10,696 of 15,537
Howdy everybody :)

I've been an audiophile since I was 15, now after a break I am looking to get back into it in "small" ways. IEM's, Android + DAC / AMP - Q5s? BTR5? KZ E10's?

Looking forward to my first batch of IEM's to get a taste - CCA C12 + KZ ZSX + KZ ZSN Pro + 8 / 16 core KB Ear silver / copper upgrade cables, then some unbalanced cables when the BTR5 arrives.

Too many IEM's to choose from, but I need to start somewhere and I'd rather do my learning and culling in the $XX range - I think it's great that is actually possible today.

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #10,699 of 15,537
Hello,

I am new to Head-Fi. I have recently began my journey into the audiophile world. I currently have a pair of Sundaras, 58x, 7xx, M1060s powered by the airist r-2r DAC and JDS Labs ATOM. Looking forward to interacting and picking the minds of the seasoned vets here on Head-Fi.

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #10,700 of 15,537
Hello,
Just wanted to post an introduction. I ran into this forum when I was researching some new headphones and the Smyth Realiser A8. I didn't expect to find this huge community of friendly people - an awesome find! :)
I work as a composer and music producer and I'm currently teaching myself audio engineering / mixing. Looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #10,701 of 15,537
I've been lurking for quite some time on these forums and figured I might as well finally join. I started out looking for the best gaming setup I could get, but started out small with HD598s. I have worked my way up to K702s with a sound BlasterX G6. I just ordered a Schiit Stack and am looking at getting the HD660S, but wanting to use this site for some research.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #10,702 of 15,537
I'll admit that I've used this forum for awhile, looking up stuff and reading reviews. My love for music is expressed more with my headphones than with anything else. My "collection" (if you can call it that) is small and humble but I love each pair.

Oct 15, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #10,703 of 15,537
Hi all,

This is Collin, another long time lurker revealing himself. My beloved Wadia 121 DAC finally gave out on me, losing significant volume in RCA out, luckily I can still drive the HD600 with it. So my immediate need is to look for a DAC that at least have SE/RCA out to my PrimaLuna. I listen to mostly CDs with some FLACS up to 192/24. What I really like about the small but mighty Wadia is it has all the input options AES/Coax/USB/TOS. The SQ from my CD transport to it via AES is noticeably better than Coax.

I definitely don’t want anything brighter sounding than the Wadia. Soundstage and a smooth balanced sound are what I’m after.

I’ve been reading as many subjective opinions I can find on the Schiit Multibits and R2Rs, as I think they’ll match my system and music taste closer than the Delta-Sigs.

I’ve been eyeing for any sale of Metrum Octave/Minuet/Hex. So if you’re considering selling one please let me know. I guess I’ll post a WTB thread on it.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #10,704 of 15,537
Hello everyone,

I just registered today after viewing this forum for months now. Very interested in the new Realiser A16 headphone amplifier. I am a wireless surround headphone enthusiast and will be soon reaching heaven or hell with a new piece of equipment.

And that it is mainly why I joined. I am waiting for the delivery of the Realiser A16 and I noticed that this beautiful piece of machinery is complicated as hell to set up and preset...

See you,

You Gene

Oct 16, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #10,708 of 15,537
Good evening, Head-Fi. I made the happy error of walking into a headphone shop in Midtown Manhattan after reading a few posts on this forum; what's the worst that could happen? Now 6 months later, I own a set of Focal Elears, as well as Grado RS1e, GH4, and SR325e phones. Do I have a problem? Yes. Based on what I've seen here, it's only the beginning. Thanks retroactively for the guidance when I was just browsing, and I look forward to contributing!

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #10,710 of 15,537
Hi everyone, long time lurker as well. Just created an account ~ been an avid portable music player fan since I got my first player (Creative muVo). Right now, i can say that I am still a noob when it comes with hifi. Please help me out! Cheers~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back