New Member Introductions thread
Oct 18, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #10,711 of 15,511
Hi, I read this forum regularly, and I have decided signed up finally.
I´m audiophile (and music lover, of course) since I have memory. I hope to contribute to this forum as much as I can. At this moment I need to clarify some doubts and that I will find help here for sure.
Greetings from Spain.

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #10,712 of 15,511
Hello moderators et al. I read these forums pretty regularly, and although I generally don't often post publicly on the 'net, I have decided to sign up.
I´m a budget audiophile, music lover, and photographer. I've learned a lot from the generous contributors here and hope to return the favor. Thanks.

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #10,713 of 15,511
Hello everyone! Yet another member here. While I have dropped by the forum every now and then, I have not been a traditional lurker. I have always enjoyed hi-fi, but not considered myself that much of a headphone guy. Never the less, here I am.

My first headphones I had as a child, so I do not remember too much about them, only that I used it to listen to music from a Tandberg Super as well as for learning languages from cassettes. My first portable headphones was the a Sony Sports Walkman if any of you remember those :); a classic.

Next time I was exposed to headphones must have been around 1988. Quite a step up, also from Japan. A friend had a some headphones that I recall as rather expensive, the Stax SRM-T1. I was impressed by the sound they made, but not so much the price, as I could not afford them :frowning2:

Next hald decent headphones I bought 8 years later, a pair of Sennheiser 580(?), around 1996. I remember I found them very pleasing and I kept them until they were worn out. Their open design seemed to annoy people around me, so I decided to go for closed after that.

I had a Sennheiser headphone amplifier for "surround" sound; not very good for sound, but a cool concept never the less since I am very much into movies, and my two subwoofers was a bit much for the neighbours in the night understandably.

Next I had some Dennon headphones at various price ranges. Fun headphones, but compared to the Sennheiser the build quality was a a disappointment. So I decided it was time to go back to Sennheiser, this time the Sennheiser 800S. Great headphones. However I needed closed headphones I was reminded so my latest pair is a Focal Stella, which I am very happy with. I run them through a Weiss DAC 202, which was and is a stunning product, now superseded by the DAC501 / DAC502. That will have to wait though.

My other music interests includes playing the piano, mostly classic.

No pictures, as I am too new I read.

Oh, and I forgot. When I am on the run sort of speak, I use the DragonFly - Cobalt. Works great with the Focal Stellia, quite an upgrade from the DragonFly - Red, I found.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #10,716 of 15,511
Hi! New member today! I have been enjoying tube audio gear for over 20 years. And that would be about the same time I bought my Grado 80 headphones. Turns out for the money spent, not a bad set of headphones and they are still going strong. Looking foreword to learning a lot more about the advances in headphone equipment

Oct 21, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #10,721 of 15,511
A friendly hello to everyone in the audiophile universe! I´m a music maniac (almost everything which is complex, crazy or beautiful enough from jazz fusion over prog/djent to world music and classical).

Nearly my entire audio setup is based on headfi forum recommendations (IEMs: 64 a 12, AAW W900, Hifiman RE2000 etc., DAPs: Sony NW WM1a, Ibasso DX 220, Cowon P1, Acoustic Research AR M20, Shanling M0, Full Size Headphones: Sennheiser HD 820, Hifiman Edition X V2, Denon D 2000 Lawton Mod, NAD Vision HP 50 etc., AMP: Sony TAZH1ES + lots of cables).

I decided to register, because there is a limited opportunity in the DX220 Thread, where ‘real fans’ can order an AMP8EX Modification, which is manufactured by Ibasso and created by a long time member of headfi, who experimented with upgrading Ibasso Amp Modules for a while. Preorder-Period ends 11/7/2019. Further informations can be found here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/amp8-ex-fan-edition-preorder-by-ibasso.917458/page-1

Oct 22, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #10,724 of 15,511
Just joined after lurking for years. I can't stand bad audio though I don't really have hifi stuff, mid-fi only (due to money mostly). I own a Philips Fidelio X1 which is connected to an Asus Xonar RoG Phoebus sound card, Sennheiser IE80 IEMs, and untill last week I had a pair of B&W PX headphones. Sold due to finding them too uncomfortable.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #10,725 of 15,511
I just registered on the site and the protocol seems to be that I should introduce myself here.

I'm not any kind of headphone audiophile - my 12 year old son had a pair of headphones that was getting ratty, and I thought it would be nice to get him something nicer, since he spends so much time with them on. While researching an affordable, but nice set of headphones for him, I got sucked into the rabbit hole of headphone stereo equipment. I'm an engineer by calling, and love to build/modify/upgrade gear and eventually ended up here looking into amps and the better rated hardware on the low end of the price spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back