New Member Introductions thread
Jun 21, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #10,231 of 15,539
Hello to all new members these past few pages. Looking forward to hearing from you in the various forums. Enjoy the community, it really is a great place to spend time and make online friends who are also passionate about audio.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #10,232 of 15,539
Long time lurker here. Created an account just to get some feedback on some ways to improve my setup. I primarily consume all my media at my PC. Music, Movies, Gaming...I do it all. I got a Creative X-Fi Titanium HD and a 2.1 Speaker setup with Klipsch R-15PMs and an R-10SW. For my headset I have an old pair of Alienware Ozma 7s (Ultrasone HFi-700s) and an Antlion ModMic 5 which I find to be kind of a hassle, so I mostly just use the mic on my Logitech C922 Pro webcam.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #10,233 of 15,539
Hey all, I would like to ask if anyone have the same 'issue' as me when using Deezer or Spotify, where when I listened to the same track which is released as a single, then re-released in another album, both in lossless flac, but somehow producing different volume level? Just how? Does it mean one of them is a fake flac with info of the track lost (the one with lower volume)? Possibly encoding fault on their end or the music producer's? Can something like this happen in perfectly ripped flacs from different physical album of the same flac with different volume level?

I am leaning towards Deezer/Spotify's fault as when I listened to a newly uploaded song within days of its released date, it lacked an obvious punch in bass and much lower in volume after I listened to it again it is higher in volume and much bassier. They are even different in download size after comparison, though it's only a 1MB. Logically, why would the production team want to alter the volume level, especially reducing it in a newer album?

Jun 23, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #10,234 of 15,539
Thanks for the advice! My wallet feels the pain more and more each day.

I'm just looking a set I can listen to all day. The problem with the S8F is that it's a bit large in the ear so it gets tiresome, in addition to feeling the highs are a bit much while I feel vocals should be more forward at times.
I do enjoy the set, but I either want something else to be able to switch between or just a set that suits my needs a bit more for all types of music. The Pro might be what I'm looking for, but I'm just thinking the fit would still be an issue.

I just purchased an M11, which should arrive soon so I'll see if that makes me feel different. Also waiting on the TFZ No.3, and considering getting the Tin P1. Would love to try a balanced cable as well and use that for even more comparisons.

Hi @Asdf6,

I would suggest if you find the S8F a bit large in the ear, perhaps more tip rolling is required though if this IEM is already too large for you, this may not help but it is worth looking into regardless.
Good tip selection CANNOT BE OVERSTATED ENOUGH but if you have small ears, this may still be a problem but doesn't hurt to try.
The only fit issue I have ever had with an IEM, no matter what tips I tried was weight & not conforming to my ear shape but this is highly uncommon for me.
Regarding controlling sound to more tolerable level, using my own experience with my S6 Pro, I suggest getting double flange tips like Periodic Audio Hydrogen tips as I found them the most comfortable for the S6 Pro in particular as well as controlling those highs which I am actually quite sensitive to but find said highs quite bearable with said tips.

Honestly, sound is highly subjective & personal, depending on your budget, all day IEMs can be tricky as everyone has different requirements but where comfort is concerned, the following in no particular order should be considered :

iBasso IT 01
iBasso IT 01s
iBasso IT 04
AAW A3H
Sony IER M7

There are quite a few others but these IEMs tend to be on my weekly rotation more often than not & I can't recommend them enough.

Balanced cables can be fun but honestly, really depends on your source & source recording quality though as personal preference, I lean more towards 3.5 mm Balanced &/or Pentaconn 4.4 mm with adapters which can support both if either standard 3.5 or 2.5 is required.

I also suggest looking into Cowon DAPs, especially Plenue D & Plenue D 2 though Plenue R is still a decent choice though if you're into updated tech, all may be a bit dated for you though sound quality is up there.

Hope this all makes sense, feel free to send me a PM if you have more questions or if you found something which works for you.

Hope you have a great day !

Jun 23, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #10,237 of 15,539
Hi all, I’m Eric from Tokyo, Japan. Amazing country to listen and purchase all kind of fancy gear. Currently enjoying Sennheiser HD800S / HDVD800 at home and Etymotic ER4XR. I have to admit though that the Apple AirPods have much less friction to just pop up and listen anytime.

I’d be glad to get in touch with other Tokyoites, if any on this forum!

Jun 23, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #10,238 of 15,539
Hi all, I’m Eric from Tokyo, Japan. Amazing country to listen and purchase all kind of fancy gear. Currently enjoying Sennheiser HD800S / HDVD800 at home and Etymotic ER4XR. I have to admit though that the Apple AirPods have much less friction to just pop up and listen anytime.

I’d be glad to get in touch with other Tokyoites, if any on this forum!
Welcome aboard, Eric!

Jun 24, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #10,239 of 15,539
hi there, I'm pretty new to audio and I recently got the following:
AT-AD500X
MEE Matrix Cinima ANC
Fiio K3
Fiio A3

I am curous as I was trying out the grado SR80 and SR125 today and they don't really sound very good even with the amp. Do I need a better amp to get those headphones to sound good?

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #10,243 of 15,539
Have you tried any that you like? What is your budget? Are you looking at IEM's?

I plan on keeping the mv2s for on the go use as I still quite enjoy them. I own a pair of k701s that I mainly use for gaming and critical listening. I love how detailed and analytical they are, but they get fatiguing pretty quick. Since I already have k701s I'd like to get something a bit warmer with better low end and great midrange.
I'm trying to stay under $500 for the pair.

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #10,244 of 15,539
Update: received the MAS x5i. All I can say is I returned them without even listening to them. They are such cheaply and poorly made things that when I opened the package it even smelled cheap. Seriously!

Hi. I just joined this site too. It’s been my go-to site for some of the most helpful and some hard to find info.

Read about the new MAS x5i yesterday and placed an order. Should receive it tomorrow night.

The thread about them on this site is great, but I’m hoping for more people to share their experiences. I am excited to see how these perform with a 2.5mm balanced mmcx cable and my little es100.

Used to have the Sennheiser IE800 with the Dragonfly red. Absolutely loved them. Gave them to my son. Wanted to get the newer IE800S, but came across the MAS x5i. Would love have any comparison feedback from the experts here.

Wishes for a blessed day to all!

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #10,245 of 15,539
I plan on keeping the mv2s for on the go use as I still quite enjoy them. I own a pair of k701s that I mainly use for gaming and critical listening. I love how detailed and analytical they are, but they get fatiguing pretty quick. Since I already have k701s I'd like to get something a bit warmer with better low end and great midrange.
I'm trying to stay under $500 for the pair.
Open or closed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back