New Member Introductions thread
Jun 14, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #10,201 of 15,519
Hi, I'm from Bangkok, Thailand. I used to work with a HiFi Magazine here long time ago as a photographer and started to addicted to good sound from hi-end audio systems since then. Listening to music is my priority but nowadays everything depends on smart devices so I'm mostly use pairs of earbuds for everyday use instead of any kind of music system.

Jun 15, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #10,203 of 15,519
Welcome to all new headfiers,

Apologies to your wallet in advance !

Hope everyone has a great day !

Hi @Asdf6,

Depends on you, what are you looking for sound wise to change to &/or experience ?

S8 Pro is on my list but there is personally no rush on my end though I do enjoy the S6 Pro.

I suggest Cowon DAPs if you interested in changing your source too.

Hope you have a great day !

Thanks for the advice! My wallet feels the pain more and more each day.

I'm just looking a set I can listen to all day. The problem with the S8F is that it's a bit large in the ear so it gets tiresome, in addition to feeling the highs are a bit much while I feel vocals should be more forward at times.
I do enjoy the set, but I either want something else to be able to switch between or just a set that suits my needs a bit more for all types of music. The Pro might be what I'm looking for, but I'm just thinking the fit would still be an issue.

I just purchased an M11, which should arrive soon so I'll see if that makes me feel different. Also waiting on the TFZ No.3, and considering getting the Tin P1. Would love to try a balanced cable as well and use that for even more comparisons.

Jun 15, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #10,204 of 15,519
Hi audiophile madness fellows,
i'm from Germany and i really like the community and the huge amount of information here.

I've been a long-time lurker and made an account many years ago as you can see, but didn't post much.
Therefore my post counter is still insane low.

Now my profile shows still the status "New Head-Fier", it seems to measure only the post count and not the time being a member here... thats a bit strange, but as a "newbie" i will not complain.:wink:

By the way: Does anybody know when the status "New Head-Fier" will be replaced with something else?
Cheers
I believe it changes at 50 but not for certain .

Jun 15, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #10,205 of 15,519
Hey there,
New member here, just started lurking yesterday.

Current gear:
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 Ohms
Phillips SHP 9500
Audio Technica ATH-M40x

I'm mostly at budget tier and my wallet is so hurt already, how you guys deal with prices?

Jun 15, 2019 at 10:25 PM Post #10,206 of 15,519
HI all,

It took nearly seven years(!) to step up. After a long history of failures (and small successes), I finally understand what I am looking for. That said, I am mostly interested in ZMF stuffs at the moment, as shown in my signature.

Cheers.

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:54 AM Post #10,207 of 15,519
Hey guys, new here. New to audio but eager to dig more on it. I use headphones. Currently using Sony MDR XB950 N1 (Bass heavy) and PlayStation Platinum Headset for PS4. I want to explore open back headphones and amps. Using headphone mainly for hearing music and gaming.

Cheers

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #10,208 of 15,519
Hey all,

Been reading articles and getting useful info from head-fi for years. But, I don't think I've ever posted before. I'm thinking about getting more involved in the community so I'd thought I'd start here and say hi.

Jun 16, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #10,209 of 15,519
Hello Head-fi,
I'm Hicham, like good quality sound, been reading reviews on this forum for quite a long time and decided to share my opinions about the gear i use
have been using a sennheiser HD700 for almost a year with pioneer vsx-932 (home cinema) then with an fiio q1 MkII and recently with a fiio M11, planning to buy a fiio fh7 with 4.4 balanced silver cables (i know too many fiio... attractive price)
sources are terabytes of DSD files on a synology server and played with foobar2000 with q1 mkII dac or M11 dac.

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #10,210 of 15,519
Hi all
My name is Julio from Vietnam. I'm a big fan of Sennheiser headphone... I have in-ear IE800 and full size HD800s.
Currently use Nurfoce uDAC5 for my IE800, and A&K Acro L1000 for HD800s.
Very satisfied with uDAC5 and IE800 .... but not very happy with A&K L1000....
I'm looking for alternative DAC/Amp for my HD800s

Jun 17, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #10,211 of 15,519
Greetings everyone!

I’m getting back into the hobby of higher end audio.

I’ve spent years off and on maintaining and modifying tube amps for guitar. I’ve played off and on for many years.

But I recently got hit by the audio enjoyment bug again.

So I saved my pennies, and have the following things arriving:
Adam TV7 pair
Schiit Mangi 3
Schiit Modi 3
HiFi man h400i (Picked up here, thanks for the deal)

I also have a brand new pair of JBL Arena 130’s that is like to pair with a probably a cheaper tube amp for evening listening.

I’m enthusiastic about being part of this community. I may not have much to contribute at first though. Thanks

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #10,212 of 15,519
Hey good people at Head-fi.org

I am an ultra novice and want to learn from all you guys.

I currently have these as my audio gear( not audiophile grade stuff but i am still in my parent's basement XD)

Beyerdynamic Custom Streets
KZ ZSN
VE Monk Plus

All driven by DD Electronics TC 35 DAC Cable from My Lenovo Laptop and Xiaomi Mi A1

I know its not much but i really do plan on expanding..
Thank you.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #10,213 of 15,519
Hello all! Dabbled here as a lurker for years. Started off with some Vmoda M100s about 4 years ago and tried to find a perfect gaming headset. Tried to pair the Vmodas with the boom mic but ended up with a lot of broken boom mics. Started buying a lot of gaming headsets that ended up being a waste. That was until my coworker lended me his headphones and Schiit Amp and DAC. I am now hooked and started buying some Massdrop headphones. He recommended me to this website. Glad to be a member of the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back