New Member Introductions thread
May 7, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #10,051 of 15,538
Hi,

I currently have a Q701 paired with numark ican ido. I am thinking of upgrading and going to Ananda(s), or Sundara(s). I am thinking of pairing with the Ifi Micro Label or get both a Schiit Multibit DAC and Alex Cavalli Tube Hybrid Amp (CTH). Any thoughts on if this is a good upgrade? If this will give me a complimentary sound signature from my Q701? Which DAC/AMP is the best combo for the headphones I have and am thinking of getting?

Thank you all very much.
I dont have to much knowledgement on audio. The first question would be if you you try any planar magentic headphone? It is for gaming exclusively? Music/gaming? just music? they sound different than dynamic drivers.

i had the AKG K7xx and the Hifiman he4xx. i switch between them every 3 days or so. i like both but prefer the he4xx.
As stated before. You have the Q701 i think i read somewhere they have similar in some ways to the sound signature to the k7xx (i think the k7xx have more bass , i couldn't tell you exactly as i haven't use the k701) .

The AKG K7xx have bigger soundstage. They give the music some nice flavor (Dont really know, maybe a little elevation on bass and highs). The he4xx is a planar. They sound neutral to me. What i like about planar is the cleanness and relaxed sound they reproduce . The driver is faster than the k7xx, the bass hit you and leave pretty fast ( you dont feel bass coming and leaving, just hit and run). The he4xx in some songs they sound bright and harsh. but they dont fatigue me in any way. The instrument separation is better and sound more airy. The cymbals sound weird on the he4xx not splashy and sparkly as the k7xx.

For gaming, i prefer the k7xx for the bigger sound stage. For music, the he4xx. As i said before i like to have both and switch every few days.

My recommendation would be to try a planar headphone before, so you can tell the difference on drivers and decide if you like it.
As you suggested Sundara, you could order one from amazon (sale right now 350) and return it if you dont like it. I sold my he4xx a few days ago to buy the Sundara. I read and it would be a good set to have (some people said is an upgrade to the he4xx, some say they are on another category).

May 8, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #10,056 of 15,538
Hey Everyone,

As with some of us long time lurker and finally decided to come out of the shadows. I really enjoyed reading how this community comes together and really wanted to be part of it.

-Chris

May 8, 2019 at 2:56 PM Post #10,058 of 15,538
Hi guys. New member hear. I am actually in the trade but here as a private person out of my own interest and will not promote or ever mention our products. Just wanted to be upfront in the introduction thread.
(I am an audio engineer by trade and proud owner of about 30 headphones/earbuds). I think I can still learn and also share of my experiences without promoting. I am an avid believer in that there is not one product suited for all situations (hence the 30 headphone products)...
Welcome, @hawkan2580!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back