New Member Introductions thread
Mar 7, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #9,631 of 15,585
Get the Meze 99 they are just a great headphone for a Sat afternoon vibe. perfect for lounging in a big over stuffed chair. I had them before I got my Denon AH-D7200 which have a vary similar vibe but are a much better headphone.=)
Thanks. They are truly nice headphones. I think to purchase them for home..but then what for moblity?
Focal Listen? Is there something more comfortable in this price?
Just found local sale for the H6 for 220$!
I think to with them.
Thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #9,632 of 15,585
The Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6? I don't know them personally but I hear good things. I have a DAP and some IEMs when I go out I use the Tin HIFI T2s. Cheep enough if the get damaged or swiped I wont die.
As far as comfortable nothing beets The Massdrop AKG 7XX around $200

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 7:09 PM Post #9,634 of 15,585
Welcome aboard, @vanquish0705!! Good luck on the v-moda vs. Bose thing. I think the v-moda is going to sound better, but the QC 35 has the ANC. Decisions.
Thanks for your reply. I haven't tried de V moda sound. Just the Bose, which i liked due to it's "smoothness". I have at home a pair of Beyer. 990pro with a NAD 3020i for my moments of relax... and just bought some Optoma sports BE3 searching for wireless at the gym. I used to have the HD25 ii and although they where great, they sounded a bit "on your face", so i'm searching for something more immersive and with a larger sound stage without losing sound level.

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #9,637 of 15,585
I understand. You need a bit of kick on the gym, and i agree. But i'm looking for something that can extend the use to other things.
this Is not about a kick in the bass. It's about loss of detail the DSP in the Bose 35s SUCKS THE LIFE OUT of the music. You don't just miss out on some bass it kills the highs too.

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #9,638 of 15,585
Hi!
I guess I'm new here.
I recently purchased some Sennheiser HD 6XX's to compliment my Q701's. I feel like this is a slippery slope, wish me luck!

Welcome to head-fi fellow BC audiophile! Sorry for your wallet

Mar 8, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #9,640 of 15,585
Hi,
I'm a student who looking for closed back headphones. I have in my living room a nice entry level system and need some portable headphones and for late night study.
I was looking at:
Focal Listen
Audio-Technica MSR7 / MSR7B / ATH A990z
Beyerdynamic T50i

I did quick listen to the Focal listen and the Meze 99. Both sounds good to me, similar SQ, different tonality, the Meze have bigger soundstage.
I guess the T50i and MSR7 are also in similar SQ but have different sound signature?
What models are a step up in SQ from the Meze 99 ? (Closed back only)

I'm thinking to purchase the Focal Listen for mobility and Meze 99 / Audio-Technica A990z for home.
Any thoughts on the Meze 99 Vs. A-T A990z / MSR7B?

TIA!

Itamar
Of those on your list, I would probably prefer the Meze (have not heard the A990Z, though. You might also see if you can find a TH-X00--it is terrific. Welcome, TIA! :)

Mar 8, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #9,641 of 15,585
this Is not about a kick in the bass. It's about loss of detail the DSP in the Bose 35s SUCKS THE LIFE OUT of the music. You don't just miss out on some bass it kills the highs too.
When i tried the Bose i didn't have enough time to analyse that, but it makes sense... So if my searching priorities are: 1- Sound quality ( both workout and relaxed listening ), 2- Gym friendly, 3- Built quality, 4- Over ear, 5- Sound stage. Should i go for the Vmoda, or any one knows any alternative ? And if so, should i invest on the codex edition ( i only use Spotify with my Iphone 8 ) ?

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #9,643 of 15,585
Hello, I'm a bass player from Italy and I'm having issues with the ear buds I'm using for live performances. At first I was unsure about using IEM for live shows, so I bought a pair of Shure SE215 paired with a rather cheap headphone amplifier and tested them for a few gigs. I was satisfied both from a sound and comfort standpoint, so I decided to buy a wireless IEM system (sound was of course not excellent overall but suited perfectly my monitoring needs). I found a very good bargain for a used Sennheiser ew 300 G3 IEM without the original Sennheiser buds that got lost by the previous owner. Yesterday I plugged my SE215 into it and I got a hiss-background noise, like when you have low gain and high volume on a channel. Now the weird part (for me): the hiss is not even slightly affected by the volume regulation on the transmitter and neither by the source input level. Turning up the volume on the transmitter increases the sound signal normally without affecting the aformentioned noise. Same goes when adjusting the receiver sensitivity. Afterwards I tested the same IEM system with 2 other over-ear headphones I own: Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm and Panasonic RP-HTF295. With such headphones I have no hiss at all. Is this due to SE215 high sensitivity? How can I fix this?

Here's the three headphones specifications, for your convenience
SE215 http://www.shure.com/americas/produ...s/se215-sound-isolating-earphones-hear-it-all
DT770 pro https://europe.beyerdynamic.com/dt-770-pro.html
Panasonic https://www.panasonic.com/it/consumer/home-entertainment-e-audio/cuffie/cuffie/rp-htf295.specs.html

Mar 8, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #9,644 of 15,585
When i tried the Bose i didn't have enough time to analyse that, but it makes sense... So if my searching priorities are: 1- Sound quality ( both workout and relaxed listening ), 2- Gym friendly, 3- Built quality, 4- Over ear, 5- Sound stage. Should i go for the Vmoda, or any one knows any alternative ? And if so, should i invest on the codex edition ( i only use Spotify with my Iphone 8 ) ?
I like the Vmodas but they have sloppy bass. Which can be fun but it makes them hard to recommend. I know you want over ear but I would at lest try and listen to some J birds. Or get some cheep gym cans and some nice portables. I know that's not what you want to hear. Or try and find someone who has the Bose and listen to them for a hour. Maybe the sound thing dosn't bother you, like it dose me. I have a friend who loves the Bose we fight about them constantly, In a nerdy fun way. Also I think we need to leave this thread Lets look for one for Gym Cans.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #9,645 of 15,585
I like the Vmodas but they have sloppy bass. Which can be fun but it makes them hard to recommend. I know you want over ear but I would at lest try and listen to some J birds. Or get some cheep gym cans and some nice portables. I know that's not what you want to hear. Or try and find someone who has the Bose and listen to them for a hour. Maybe the sound thing dosn't bother you, like it dose me. I have a friend who loves the Bose we fight about them constantly, In a nerdy fun way. Also I think we need to leave this thread Lets look for one for Gym Cans.
Thanks for the heads up about the Vmoda bass. My main issue with the Bose is the gym. I guess the Vmoda should be more sturdy... But i have to hear the difference to finally decide. What about the Spotify/codex issue, can you confirm it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back