New Member Introductions thread
Jan 8, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #9,271 of 15,522
Hi Guys,

Just got rid of stereo and looking for small size options to listen to music. Thought joining this forum will assist me with working out what headphones and portable DAC player to choose. All entry level stuff for me at this stage. Anyway look forward to contributing to this forum.

Regards

Aussíe280

Jan 8, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #9,272 of 15,522
Hi all.

I'm Ignacio, from Spain. I've been "coming" to this forum frequently, reading posts related to headphones and portable devices for several months. Great forum.
I hope I'll go on learning about all this staff with all of you. Thanks.
Regards.

Jan 9, 2019 at 1:13 AM Post #9,274 of 15,522
Hello, I'm Luke and I used to lurk here but finally made an account so I can contribute. :D

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:08 AM Post #9,275 of 15,522
Hello everyone,

Head-fi is a wonderful source of information, even if sometimes I understand only less than half of all the technical jargon used by reviewers or commenters. I had the chance to buy recently my first very interesting pair of in-ear headphones, the Audio-Technica ATH-CKR7. Started many years ago to listen to music with the well known Klipsch S4, the CKR7 are, even for a non-audiophile, way more interesting. I also acquired recently a Panasonic RP-HDE5ME, for which no information is currently available in the Head-fi forums.

Many thanks to all the people sharing their expertise and impressions here.

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #9,276 of 15,522
Welcome all! Head-fi is the place to start throwing your money away and the hi-fi world thanks you for your participation!

Jan 9, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #9,277 of 15,522
Hi all,
I am Ondrej from Czech Republic. Been reading forums for a while. Came here originally looking for great budget IEMs tha would be at least as engaging as my numerous Koss Porta Pros. And got KZ ATEs and ZN1 Minis which was the hype at that time. Then Tennmak Pianno and was ok for 2 years. Returned back to check out recent KZ lineup review and got hooked more than ever. Now I am starting to fill up my IEM collection and also tried earbus and started modding my ATE just for funn.
Hope I will find more funn the ever here
Thanks

Jan 9, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #9,279 of 15,522
Hi there, I'm David from Singapore! Been trolling the forums for a couple of years now but only got into the scene with due to suffering from GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome). More of a mobile/DAP and desktop/amp listener.
Nice to be part of this family!
Cheers!

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #9,282 of 15,522
Hello, I'm Moza from Indonesia.
Actually I already visited this site as my main source of references, reviews & recommendations for audio-related products for years.
Still kinda new in this audio world.
I've been playing around with some entry, low and maybe 1-2 mid level items (earbuds, IEMS, headphone, DACs).
Now is planning to get my first dedicated DAP and finally decided to make an account too so that I can post something to ask questions & look for recommendations.
Hopefully I can still save my wallet after this. :D

Jan 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #9,283 of 15,522
Hello all,

Lucas from Toronto in Canada.
Joined because this looks like the best place for audio related information. Im a collecting nut, for specific things, just trying to make every part of my life a little better.
My forum experience comes from the kitchen knife forums on the interweb. So im happy to teach anybody here to get them into that world in exchange for getting me into this Audiphile world.
I'll be posting in a few days about IEM end game ... One and done type thing, nothing ive read here has really answered my true question yet.

regards,
L

Jan 11, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #9,285 of 15,522
Hey, all. I’m Artismo - I produce music in my free time and I’m an audiophile. Sometimes, I’m more in love with the tools than I am with being creative. I frequent HF, ASR, Massdrop, etc. I’m an objectivist when it comes to purchasing a lot of my equipment, especially my upstream gear. Though, I use my ears and my toes to gauge whether a headphone is worth my coin when it’s not for critical listening. My 789 and Elex are my workhorses, and my CTH with Genalex and LCD2C are my recliner and coffee gear. I sleep with my HE4XX and TA-02 with Mullards. If I’m not producing, I love reading charts and measurements. I love the symmetry of a perfectly matched stack, cables that don’t tangle, and an absolutely black background when I’m working on a problem. I literally sit for hours when I think of the best ways to clean up my signal, cables, and tracks. When I can, I’m a DIY guy. I’ve got more cans of Deoxit, 100% Alcohol, silicon grease, cable splicers, etc. than the local home center. I hand built my computer and all my furniture is from Ikea. I also drink too much coffee and squander my time listening to other people’s work while cleaning, polishing, and removing lint from my headphones and gear.

There isn’t a “x”-step program big enough to handle my addictions and obsessive compulsion.

And I want to buy a Sundara.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back