New Member Introductions thread
Dec 23, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #9,181 of 15,626
Hi how's everybody doing I'm new to all this I still haven't figured out how to create a form I'm just trying to find the best headphones Was a lot of bass and clarity I like to clarity on the Bower and welcomes P 7th but not enough pace

Dec 25, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #9,184 of 15,626
Hi I am Hoi and been trying to train my ears to be more discerning in 2017 and went on to purchase Shure SE846. ( in the past 10 years, it was from E2C , an UE earbud, some B&O earbuds, to SE315 )

Thought it would be my end game but turns out to be just an entry pass :p

I joined because I purchased a Chord Mojo-Poly for xmas 2017 and without reading from Head-fi.org I would have been totally clueless with how to unlock the potential of this crazy thing.

So Thank you and looking forward to being part of this community.

Dec 25, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #9,188 of 15,626
Dec 25, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #9,190 of 15,626
Hi everyone! Merry Christmas and looking forward to being a part of this amazing community!
Merry Christmas to you and yours and welcome to the community.

Dec 26, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #9,191 of 15,626
Hello all - new here.

Had a stroke a while back, I'm out on medical disability. Since that's happened I've been working on my album / cd collection. Ripping them, and converting to .mp3

I realise that this is an audiophile forum - but for the time being, mp3 will work just fine for me.

I've been having hit and miss success with finding a portable device to play music. I'll probably be asking advice of the forum members here shortly.

thanks!

Dec 26, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #9,192 of 15,626
Hello fellow audio enthusiasts!

As with most, I've been a lurker on here for a while (5+ years), and finally took the leap to join in on the fun and continue down the path of financial destruction...err audio nirvana. I've learned a lot from the long nights reading the forums, but still have a lot to learn, and just started my audio journey a few years back.

I became spoiled when I moved to CA for 3 years and attended my first Can Jam, LA Audio Show, and was able to visit the Schiitr to audition gear at all of those venues. I recently moved to the Midwest, and finding anywhere to listen to great gear is damn near impossible.

About 10 years back, I bought my first Koss Porta pro headphones, after researching for the best quality and lowest cost headphones. Due to the cost of entry into the audio hobby, quality speakers were beyond my budget at that time. I soon upgraded to AKG Q701 shortly thereafter and that remained my reference point, until after attending my first Can Jam in 2016, which opened Pandora's box.

Needless to say... that truly opened my eyes (and ears) to the amount of quality setups that were possible, and I had to have more. I finally purchased my end-game headphone HD800S after my last Can Jam in 2017. Of all the phones I auditioned, these seemed to be the best fit for me, even though there were other awesome end game sets I had heard. I am still on the search for the best amp to pair with it though, as I don't feel the Valhalla 2 compares to what I heard coming from other setups. I was saving up for an Eddie Current ZDS, but just found out they are no longer available, so my search continues.. now i'm leaning towards the Senn HDV 820...

I digress... So here's my introductory post, and I apologize in advance for any newb questions/comments I may have... I still have a lot to learn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back