New Member Introductions thread
Dec 16, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #9,152 of 15,551
I got the isine20 on Thanksgiving sale. Not the most comfortable for me but the sound really good in my opinion. Hope you enjoy them
I'm looking forward to hearing them! Btw, do you know if they can be used outdoor, especially during winter when it gets really cold - I'm not sure if the temperature will damage/affect their internals.

Dec 16, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #9,154 of 15,551
I'm looking forward to hearing them! Btw, do you know if they can be used outdoor, especially during winter when it gets really cold - I'm not sure if the temperature will damage/affect their internals.

Not sure. It was in the 50s F here in s. Florida and they worked fine. I would say 40s would be ok also

Dec 17, 2018 at 1:25 AM Post #9,155 of 15,551
Was there also a very good time with lots of great gear.

I'm about 99% certain that you (and your wife) are the ones I talked to for quite some time about audio gear, but a bunch of other topics like bourbon, as well. Thanks for letting me try out your gear, and your QP1R definitely helped me figure out that I should focus on getting a nicer DAP!

Dec 17, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #9,157 of 15,551
I've been lurking about here, sans account, for a long time! I've found this place to be crammed with experience and good advice which has often helped inform my decision making so I have decided i should really make an account.

I'm based in Edinburgh, Scotland. I have always enjoyed listening to music, I mainly listen to vinyl through speakers at home but have found myself listening to music more and more when I am out and about so recently decided to upgrade from listening on my iPhone to listening on a DAP - I settled on the Astell and Kern SR15 - I am delighted with it.

I then decided that I would benefit from an earphone upgrade - I'm a long term Shure user and although they are not perfect I have been quite happy with my SE535 for a number of years. Despite not being a basshead, the SE535 have often (very often!) left me wanting more bass than they can offer. I read all about the Knowles damper mods for the SE535 on here and was ll set to try it (bought the full set) when I decided to splurge on a set of SE846. I am delighted with the SE846, the difference between these and the SE535 in night and day. And these Knowles dampers are not wasted as I can use these with the SE846 too.

Dec 17, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #9,159 of 15,551
Hey,

new member from Germany here! After I backed the Hidizs AP80 kickstarter and receiving the DAP last week and I start to understand audiophiles :wink:

At the moment I only have Sony WH 1000XM3 but I think I need some good headphones for home use.

To be honest, I only backed the Hidizs AP80 because I wanted it to use it as bat lure and needed the high def output to the ultrasonic speaker :wink: it seems I need a second device now, love the sound compared to my android phone...

Dec 17, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #9,160 of 15,551
I'm about 99% certain that you (and your wife) are the ones I talked to for quite some time about audio gear, but a bunch of other topics like bourbon, as well. Thanks for letting me try out your gear, and your QP1R definitely helped me figure out that I should focus on getting a nicer DAP!
Yep that was me.

Dec 17, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #9,163 of 15,551
Well, hopefully we can talk some more at the next meetup that isn't too far away. I'm hoping to get down to Kentucky when you have one, though it isn't always easy to plan those kinds of trips this far out for me. If I make it, ideally I will be able to bring along something interesting to drink.
You would be more than welcome for sure.

Dec 18, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #9,165 of 15,551
Hi guys/girls My name is Rick and Ive been aware of this forum for a while. Im mostly here to learn and hopefully acquire some head gear to satisfy the headphone itch. I run a very modest home setup but would really like to have a dedicated headphone listening station in my small office. Will see where all that leads this coming year. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back