New Member Introductions thread
Dec 15, 2018 at 10:13 AM Post #9,141 of 15,524
Hi guys, I've been lurking here for years. I'm more into cans, but I've recently been ventured to try IEMs and earbuds. Glad to be part of this community.

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #9,143 of 15,524
Howdy,

Was at ZMFestivus and so many folks I talked to wanted to know if I was on here, I decided to finally make an account.
Was there also a very good time with lots of great gear.

Dec 16, 2018 at 2:26 AM Post #9,144 of 15,524
Hi,
I just started getting into this hobby after getting the chance to try out some of my brother’s gear and falling in love with the way my music sounded in comparison with consumer headphones.
I currently own a Mobius, iSine 20 (arriving Monday).

Dec 16, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #9,145 of 15,524
Hi, im a new to the audio world and noob about headphones and accessories. I joined the group for future purposes when buying the right gear for the right price.

I also want to share my experience with my Philips Fidelio X2 vs Sennheiser HD660s because i have not seen so much forums when i bought them. Im also using the Schiit Stack (Magni 3/Modi Multibit). Both headphones are really good BUT i was about to return the Hd660s because it was too expensive (X2 $104 vs HD660s $522). What made me kept it was PUBG due to the HD660s very good instrumental separation - i can hear the game very well. It was so detailed that i can pinpoint the distance and location of footsteps and gunshots. The soundstage of the HD660s was just enough and right for me. But back to the X2s, these are just amazing headphones for the price. This headphone can make your body and feet move. I use them most of the time for music. Im more of a beach house kind of guy, really love the BASS of the X2s now i understand why people say they are FUN headphones. When it comes to relaxing classical, jazz, acoustic and some vocal trance - i prefer the HD660s. They just fit for this genre.

If youre in a tight budget, go for the Fidelio X2s. If you have the money get the X2s as well. No regrets!

So much for the introduction and about me stuffs.

Dec 16, 2018 at 7:53 AM Post #9,146 of 15,524
Hey guys,

Just joined this hobby recently and got interested into looking into higher level gear from other communities.
Sorta fell into rabbit hole, and currently looking for a Buy It For Life purchase (probably just a couple years actually heh).

Dec 16, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #9,147 of 15,524
Eyo.

I used to buy crappy earphones because what difference could there possibly between a $5 no-name product and a more expensive one, right? I used to go through them like candy too, because they were cheap and fragile, and since they were cheap I didn't really care much.

One day, I was at Saturn to buy water filters. On my to the filters, I saw a pair Sennheiser HD 598s on a pretty pedestal. The design caught my eye, so I decided to check it out. The moment I put them on my head and started listening to that beautifully mastered version of the Mission: Impossible theme was the moment I decided to never ever buy cheap again. It was mind blowing. And eye opening. That's the story of how I kinda started to get into this stuff.

Anyway. Hi.

Dec 16, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #9,148 of 15,524
Hello Everyone!

Like others, I’ve been lurking the boards here for years. I’ve always wanted to post, but it seemed like every question I had about headphones, someone had already asked (and had answered). There’s just so much info in some of these large threads that it’s easy to find yourself blissfully buried in headphone knowledge.

Now that I have a bit of a headphone collection myself, maybe someday I can add to this treasure trove of knowledge... just have to work up the courage to post among all the experts on the board.

Anyways, thanks to everyone in the head-fi community who has made this ever ongoing headphone journey such a rewarding experience!

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #9,149 of 15,524
I currently own a Mobius, iSine 20 (arriving Monday).

I got the isine20 on Thanksgiving sale. Not the most comfortable for me but the sound really good in my opinion. Hope you enjoy them

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #9,150 of 15,524
Hi there Guys and Girls I am a new member from England I have come here to find out about DAP players as I know absolutely nothing about them but would like to learn from you guys to find out about these Players and eventually buy one to use as asource for a car hiring setup so will need to know what is required from a DAP in order for it to connect to car external amplifiers .And thanks for letting me join Head fi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back