New Member Introductions thread
Nov 2, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #8,847 of 15,538
1st post here. Greetings from Victoria, BC, Canada.

I'm not a big headphone guy but becoming more interested as my listening environment and time of day that I can listen change.

My original headphones from the 80's (Koss K6a maybe?) are long-gone as are the pair of Porta Pro I had with my walkmans.

I'm very much a vintage guy. My main system is a Sansui AU-7700 and TU-7700 with Paisley Research AE400 or Celestion Ditton 44 speakers. Mostly vinyl with a variety of turntables, including a Yamaha YP-D8 and a Technics SL-1210 Mk2 that currently has a modded Rega RB250 tonearm on it.

My 1st headphone purchase when I got back into stereo was a pair of Philips SMP8500, for about $15 at a overstock / clearance outlet. I had some $5 thrift shop Sennheiser HD450s. I have a pair of Pioneer SE-20A that I think I'll put in my office at work next to the Pioneer SA-5200 / TX-6200 there. I have a pair of Kenwood KH-52 ... also thrift shop finds.

Just the other day I found a pair of Realistic LV-10, with the original box. I've got new foam cushions on order for them from Koss. Might be my best find yet. We'll see.

Welcome to head-fi! Great to see another Victoria member (though I now live inn Vancouver.) Come on over to the vintage receiver thread, you'll be amongst plenty of like minded head-fiers!

Nov 2, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #8,848 of 15,538
My name is James from the great state of New Jersey, originally from East Flatbush, Brooklyn, NY.

User name aside, I have a variety of brands of headphone but my favorite is the AKG K240. It is my third successive AKG K240 since 1980. The first two were the 600 Ohm version, my current one is the 55 Ohm ones. I am also thinking of getting a pair of AKG K553, while they are on sale. I also have a Bose AE2 (which is a close second to the AKG K240), Two Bose Triports (meh), a Sony DR-BT101 and a Sennheiser PX-100, which are an amazing sounding pair of portable headphones..

For music sources, I have two Apple iPod (Classic) Gen 5.5 and an Apple iPhone SE. I also stream Slacker Radio Plus and Amazon Music.
team AKG for thewin!

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:11 PM Post #8,849 of 15,538
Welcome all Canadians !

Not Canadian...yet...maybe one day but nice to see more of you on headfi !

Apologies to your wallets in advance !

Hope everyone has a great day !

Nov 3, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #8,850 of 15,538
I smell lurkers...long time lurkers...Come out and show yourself! I got candy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back