New Member Introductions thread
Jul 15, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #8,206 of 15,646
Hi there,
I joined up a while back but never introduced myself. Im a pc gamer who ditched his logitech z5500 cumbersome 5.1 system due to the arrival of our son. Opting for a leaner and quieter set up in the shape of Kingston hyperX cloud headset.
I was enjoying them for a while until my son got hold of them and bent them right out of shape making them too loose to wear.
So now I was in the market, looking for a new set. This is where I made a sort of a breakthrough reading various gaming forums, on the merrits of choosing a set of headphones rather than an headset. I did some research and dipped my toes into the mid range audiophille realm and bought a set of sennheiser HD650's. I complimented these by also upgrading my sound card to a asus essence stx ii. I finally understood all that jargon about rediscovering my music collection and got hooked. Not happy with the clamping force of the HD650s I returned them and exchanged them for BEYERDYNAMIC DT 880 pro's. Far more comfortable for long sessions IMO.
My most recent purchase is a set of Sony XBA N 1AP IEMs, I bought these to make use of HI Res audio on my Sony Z3 tablet. They sound great through my pc setup but the Z3 lacks the power to drive them sufficiently, so I might start looking for a better portable player. Thanks for reading. Great site.
Welcome aboard!!

Jul 15, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #8,207 of 15,646
Hello all. I joined here over a year ago and have since been an invisible beneficiary of the vast amount of information and personal testimony offered herein.

Just wanted to break my silence and say thanks. I'm glad to see this website going strong and hope it continues that way.

Jul 15, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #8,208 of 15,646
Hi there, Just joined and writing from Torino, Italy.

I am the classical "basic" audio passionate, meaning I am moving my First steps in this world.

So far enjoying iBasso IT01 and Alessandro Grado MS1.

Jul 15, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #8,210 of 15,646
Hello, I've lurked for a while, but I finally decided to make an account. I saw the Andromedas for sale on the For Sale/Trade forum (GLWS!) and wanted to buy them, but I did not realize there was an activity requirement. It makes sense, but I am definitely bummed out.

So now, I've decided to try and become active, so I don't miss something I really want.

I'm relatively new to high fidelity music, and I definitely am not knowledgeable with the technical aspect of this hobby. I started out budget around 6 or 7 years ago with the MEElectronics M9 wired IEMs. I abused the hell out of them, and they broke a few years later. I stayed budget from there due to my meager college funds playing around with Koss Porta-pros, Sony MDR IEMs, Phillips CityScape Uptowns, various JVC earbuds, AKGs, and some wireless. Last year, I picked up the Audio-Technica M50xs, and I quickly fell in love with them. They were perfect for my desk job. Just make sure to change the pads :p.

I transitioned to a different position in April and over-ear headphones became cumbersome to use, so in May, I picked up the Massdrop Plus IEMs due to crinacle's IEM rankings. I really love them as my EDC. I want to explore the world of IEMs more, and I hope to pick up some Andromedas, a different ToTL IEM, or a custom IEM sometime soon.

I also have several other obsessions, such as fountain pens, stationary, MtG, JRPGs, and more. I really should downsize my collections lol.

Thanks for having me :ksc75smile:! Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #8,211 of 15,646
Hi Roman337,

Great to hear that you also had Stax headphones. I bought my Sigma's in the 1990s. Sold them recently. Now enjoying some new products like the Focal Clear and Campfire Audio iems. Interesting times for headphone aficionado's. I hope you enjoy Head-Fi and discover some great stuff!

Thanks Flater! Interesting times indeed...

Jul 15, 2018 at 10:56 PM Post #8,212 of 15,646
Hey head-fi’ers, I actually joined a couple years ago, but haven’t been an active user. I love music and I love headphones, so I thought - better late than never!

I’ve benefitted multiple times from the knowledge and advice found in this site. Thank you, sincerely. Headphones and music play an important role in my daily life as a software developer. For me, they’re just as critical as my keyboard and mouse. My current gear consists of: HD800S, Ether C, and recently acquired LCD-2. I use them with a Modi 2 Uber and Jotunheim. I also have a pair of DT 770M that I use with my electronic drum kit. There are so many more headphones, DAC’s, and amp’s that I want hear!

Anyway, thanks for having me!

John

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #8,214 of 15,646
Hello,
I would require some guidance with my broken Sennheiser PX360. Google brought me to this site and an interesting open thread.

Cheers,
Valentin

Welcome to head-fi @vb17 and sorry about your wallet.:wink:

If you bought your PX360 recently (typically up to 2 years with Sennheiser) and still have the receipt, check Sennheiser customer support for bringing your PX 360 to them for repair or replacement. If you did not purchase your PX360 recently, there is a decent DIY soldering guide here:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inst...r-Broken-Sennheiser-Headphones/?amp_page=true

If you cannot solder or need the help of someone who is more professional at repairs here, you will have to check more specific threads to find them, though certain costs may just have you finding a new product to be a more worthwhile purchase. In that case, I recommend the Sennheiser HD598CS as a great replacement. Either way, good luck.:sunglasses:

Jul 16, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #8,215 of 15,646
Hi all. New here so wanted to say hi. Long time lurker, but wanted to get involved as I love the community on here and have learnt a lot.
I'm currently running an Oppo HA-2 with my phone (Huawei P20 Pro) and using Audiofly AF180's for my commute and a pair of Sony WH-1000XM2 when not on the move.
Just waiting for a new pair of AKG N5005 to arrive, and trying to decide on a dedicated DAP to go with it. Look out for my first post asking for suggestions

Have a good week everyone!

Jul 16, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #8,217 of 15,646
Hello, all--an audiophile friend turned me onto this website a couple years ago, and I have to say I found the depth of knowledge and reviews to be astounding. In no time, I'd bought my first IEMs based on a review on this site.

If I wish to post, and am a newbie, how does one submit for moderator approval?

Also, oh no--I meant to type 'sayhitobuldy' as my screen name, being bald. Lol.
In case nobody else helped you with your question about posting...now that you introduced yourself here, go for it on the forums, mate!
Just remember to play nicely. :)

Jul 16, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #8,218 of 15,646
Just joined this forum. I am well into retirement and have spent what seems to be my whole life upgrading / trying to find my nirvana headphones.
I have to say that this forum will make that search a little easier :D
Welcome aboard, @cornishman33!! Sounds like you are in the right place. Sorry about your wallet, though.:)

Jul 17, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #8,220 of 15,646
Hello,
I'm new to the headphone scene, not to the audio world in general though. I spent a while moonlighting in car audio to make ends meet while I was in school getting my degree. Now that I've transitioned into a desk job, I found that I need some quality music in my life to block out all the commotion in the hallways around me.
So far I got some Beyer DT770 Pro 250 ohm cans and a Schiit Magni 3, thinking the closed backs would help block everyone out... and they do! Quite well I might add. However the treble can be a bit much over extended periods and I was curious how an open back setup would work... so I bought a set of Sennheiser HD6XX, which I love. Honestly both have their place, since electronic music really comes alive with the Beyers and almost everything else is amazing with the HD6XX.
Next up is a DAC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back