New Member Introductions thread
May 29, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #7,968 of 15,526
Trying to break away from bad audio IN gaming is tough to do.... Sadly sound in audio has not even remotely caught up with graphics.

What games are you playing right now? What headphones you using for gaming?

Overwatch, Ghost Recon, Farcry 5 and the occasional Cod/Battfield. I was using the Arctis 7 but i just picked up the Philips SHP9500s and I have to say I have been underwhelmed based on what I've read. I definitely need something with more bass and havent figured out what to try next. I might try the BeyerDynamics 770 or 990's. Also was considering Audio Technica M40x or 50's. I have a cheap dac/amp i picked up from amazon so i can try some harder to push stuff.

May 29, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #7,969 of 15,526
Hello, I'm Fokkusu, and I'm a music hobbyist, and probably an audio enthusiast or something like that. I've joined here for the first time(although I visited this place once before...)

I use my headphones for a variety of things, so much so that I usually pair a headphone to that specific use...

Anyways my favorite headphones are my seen-better-days AKG K520... which no longer looks like what they used to be because of lots of modifications to fix the fragile headband. I primarily use them on my piano since they are the flattest and the most comfortable pair I have.

My main driver is the MDR-XB950BT, even though I have the better MDR-XB950N1. I find the older headphone more comfortable to wear, not to mention it doesn't have those long messages that happens every button-press from the better set.

My music creation headphone is, surprisingly, the Denon DN-HP700, which is super uncomfortable and worn out... but it's tough and just the right amount of everything to fit my needs perfectly.

My next buy list is Grado SR80e, Marshall Major II(to be my main compact headphone, since I don't have a compact headphone...), Audio Technica ATH-AD700X(to probably replace my AKG K520), and the Sennheiser RS185(after getting myself a soundcard to pair)

Last edited:
May 29, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #7,970 of 15,526
Hey all, I am looking for best budget earbuds (classic style) earbuds, I'm in the search for best budget with great bass earbuds, I own many earbuds (including headphones) before buying budget earbuds (Vido) I was reading here the advices, so thanks to this forum, my best earbud is HTC one m7 m8 (original) man, those are must for bass lovers, what a great treble it has.. so now you know that I'm a bass lover, but the bass must not overwhelm mids and highs like jvc xx series does, now I'm about to buy Yincrow rw-9 and I want some feedback from who have it :), I'm also looking for other budget earbuds that have great sound.

My English isnt a native language.

Thank you.

May 30, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #7,974 of 15,526
Hello,

My name is Frank and I'm a Headphone Addict, or so it's starting to seem like that. Just getting into headphones and wanted to say what a great site this is. It's already helped me in my first tube amp purchase and headphone upgrade
L3000.gif
I’m new on here looking for some in picking up a balanced tube headphone amp for my Fostex t50rp mk2, he-500

May 31, 2018 at 5:41 AM Post #7,977 of 15,526
I've been thinking only about headphones for the past few days or weeks, it's time to make myself known on a forum like this. Practicality is making me cut corners with HD600, Elear and so on, but am looking for a TOTL end game probably stax in the near future. With a little bit of luck I'd consider even Orpheus 2 a bargain. Will let you know how it goes.

Jun 1, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #7,979 of 15,526
Hi everyone! I have spent a lot of my time being a videophile, but I have come to my senses and realized that sound is equally if not more important to an immersive experience. I am eager to learn as much as I can and look forward to interacting with this community!

Jun 1, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #7,980 of 15,526
Hello friends,

luckily I stumbled across this forum, I like the friendly exchange here, so I signed up.

Currently planned is a reasonable re-entry into the old hobby, a headphone, my first, should also be inclusive.

Cheers

Albert

Users who are viewing this thread

Back