New Member Introductions thread
Jan 17, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #7,201 of 15,567
Well, seems like I'm bandwagon jumping as well, been following Head-fi for about a few years (5-7) since 2010, thought I'd start joining in the fray with posting things that I think would be relevant!
Love this Site. had help me through the thick and thin in choosing my first earphones and headphones

Jan 17, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #7,202 of 15,567
Hey Y'all! Got into nice headphones last year when I bought a pair of HD558s and was blown away! I eventually got a Fiio e17k and K5. Recently purchased a pair of 6XX's [shipping end of March...] and a Jotunheim, which should be here soon!

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #7,203 of 15,567
Hey I'm Jake. A few years ago I was directed here when I was doing research into headphones, and thanks to the many wonderful posts I ended up with my most beloved Shure SRH840s. They've deteriorated since, which has brought me back here.

I'm looking forward to becoming a member of the community instead of just a lurker, and in a few months when my income increases drastically I'll begin building my headphone armada.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #7,204 of 15,567
Hi, I am new here, but not new to audio.
I am a Grammy Winning Mixing Engineer .

I am very into highend audio gear but always with looking for a realistic sound, flat frequency response and as clean as possible when is about Headphones, Speakers and amps.

My best Headphone is an Audeze LCD-X...and now I want a great headphone amp for it....

Question, how can you add a Pic to your profile here?
Very cool!! Audio mixing is very interesting. I hope you have fun here.
-Craig

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #7,205 of 15,567
Are you planning to buy it or build?

If you have a ton of cash sitting around check out wells audio. Their amps are as close as a mortal being can get to hearing god.

which model have you audition or own ? I have the Woo Audio 5, and I love the color of sound coming out from the tubes. but I would like it to sound "faster". I looked at many Wells audio reviews, and everyone raved about it.

Jan 17, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #7,206 of 15,567
which model have you audition or own ? I have the Woo Audio 5, and I love the color of sound coming out from the tubes. but I would like it to sound "faster". I looked at many Wells audio reviews, and everyone raved about it.
Hi,
I auditioned Chord Mojo with LCD-X and other Audeze Headphones and HIFI Man and HD800..... I really like it

Then I auditioned some teac, they are good

Also I tested the Audeze Deckard with EL-8 and AudioQuest Nighthawk ..also good

but for the few ones I like the Mojo....

I own a dangerous Music Monitor section that is excelent for speakers but the Headphone amp is just ok.....
Then I have a Denon system but need to try it getting the signal of my mixes thru digital input..I fear the analog circuitry would make the headphones sound brighter...

So as you see I am not very experienced with many headphone amps, but I need a clean one as is really a reference system for me....not euphonic pleasure...

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:34 AM Post #7,208 of 15,567
Hi, my name is Umay. I've been following this forum for months until I decided to becoming a member of this community instead of just being a silent reader.
Wonderful threads in this forum helped me a lot in deciding my audio gear purchases. I hope to gain more information and to learn cool things here as well.

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #7,209 of 15,567

I tried the WA headtrip. Bot the reference edition but the regular one. I might sell my car and get one...

Jan 18, 2018 at 11:16 AM Post #7,211 of 15,567
Hi all,

This is Manuel and I am getting the Steelseries Arctis 7 headset tomorrow which I bought specifically to play electronic drum.
I will report on whether their latency is suitable or not for playing live music... stay tuned.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #7,212 of 15,567
Hi guys. I'm coming here with the pair of Beyerdynamics to inquire for appropriate though cheap DAC+amp for PC.

Jan 18, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #7,215 of 15,567
Hello! Really getting into head-fi and to a lesser extent, hi-fi. Let this be the beginning of my sonic journey :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back