New Member Introductions thread
Jan 19, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #7,218 of 15,538
Hi trying to buy my first hi-fi headphone system. Moved to inner-city apartment and my big horn speakers just won't do! Thanks for all the info.
this is a common situation for people setting into the world of headphones... Luckily for you even in the last 2 years there has been a huge abundance of great cans that came out. I am especially happy for the headphones that fall into the $600-2K price range. This has been a fairly bare market until the last couple years.

Jan 20, 2018 at 2:08 AM Post #7,224 of 15,538
Hello all.
Between jobs when my cheap [but solid starter] headphones (well, the cord) died, realized I love music far too much to be using $40 phones (HD668B), and started the full-time job of researching the everloving heckeroni out of this audiophilia thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Immanently, I've reached a point where simply Google-ing etc. isn't a quick and conclusive solution to my given curiosities.
I also hope to use my high threshold for understanding to help out noobies like the me of a week ago, regarding the basics/necessities (I feel like I learn slowly, but thoroughly, and that this makes me a good teacher)!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 5:22 AM Post #7,225 of 15,538
Hello.
I am 25 year old guy looking for some answer about headphones here.

I am light core audiophile. Even though I always like live concerts I like to listen to songs by my PC. Bands I listen are time to time better at records than live due to their unpopularity.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #7,226 of 15,538
Hey! I'm not an audiophile or anything and I'm looking for a good pair of headphones.

I've only used the earphones out of the box and a cheap pair of JVC headphones and I couldn't wear them for long since it pressed against my eats. A lot. Any recommendations? I've looked at Sony Bose and plantronics. I don't wanna spend too much (rm900 plus) but I will think of investing if it's really worth it. So far I've tried and loved the feeling and comfort of the sony H.ear but idk. I would like a good pair or over the ears and a affordable waterproof sports one if I could...

Anc not really a must but if they have an ambient noise mode/ smth it would be great. Comfort and wirelessness a must.

Suggestions/ preferences?

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #7,227 of 15,538
Hello!

Long time lurker, and I just want to say thank you for what this forum provides! I’ve gotten much of my hi-fi knowledge from reading here over the years, and I haven’t found anything to match elsewhere on the internet.

Cheers, friends :)

Jan 20, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #7,228 of 15,538
Hey! I'm not an audiophile or anything and I'm looking for a good pair of headphones.

I've only used the earphones out of the box and a cheap pair of JVC headphones and I couldn't wear them for long since it pressed against my eats. A lot. Any recommendations? I've looked at Sony Bose and plantronics. I don't wanna spend too much (rm900 plus) but I will think of investing if it's really worth it. So far I've tried and loved the feeling and comfort of the sony H.ear but idk. I would like a good pair or over the ears and a affordable waterproof sports one if I could...

Anc not really a must but if they have an ambient noise mode/ smth it would be great. Comfort and wirelessness a must.

Suggestions/ preferences?
For your needs, I think you would be better off starting a new thread on the Help and Recommendations Board. The reason for this is that you will likely get much more traffic and have more recommendations and suggestions there than you will here. I know it's a bit of a hassle, since you just wrote this post, but it will probably get you more information if you start the new thread. Just entitle it something like "Looking for a New Pair of Headphones." That should do the trick. Good luck!!

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #7,229 of 15,538
Hi guys! Thank you for the moderators to approve my account! A newbie here starting to appreciate audio LOL. Just received my new headphone Audio Technica ATH-AR5BT. Can you help me guys decide on which entry-level DAP should I choose between Cayin N3 or the new one from Xduoo X20? Thank you to all who will reply! God Bless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back