New Member Introductions thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 12:03 PM Post #7,186 of 15,539
Hello Head Fi 'ers,
My name is Randy and I have been lurking around the site for a bit and figured it was time to join up. I have learned a lot in my short time here and it has cost me $ but I have enjoyed every penny spent.
I have always loved listening to music, but haven't had a decent in home system since the 80s. Got into headsets playing online hockey with my son and nephews on PS3. Got bored one day and popped in a CD and thought the Turtle Beach PX 22 through a DSS2 was outstanding. Little did I know!
Have gone through a couple of HyperX and Senns and a cheap dac/amp. Current setup is an 800S through a RNHP. Have a Little Dot MK II inbound to experience the tube difference.
Probably will not contribute much, but I am looking forward to learning from the pros who post here!
Randy

Jan 16, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #7,188 of 15,539
Hi everyone. Same reason as all above. Been lurking and reading audio related stuff. Got myself isine20 and want to be engaged in the discussion.
amazing IEM you got there. I had a difficult time with the fit personally but I was in love with its ability. I never had an IEM sound that open... Welcome to the party

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #7,190 of 15,539
Hello, head-fi!

Finally i signed up and left the lurker zone. On the verge to convert from full size headphones to IEMs. I feel i need a change as the headphones i was using (HD650, SRH1840) weren't all that comfortable for me despite the fact that they are both regarded as one of the most comfortable headphones in the market. For one, ear cups not deep enough (constant ear contact with the inner cover) and then there is always that head clamp that never lets me forget i have headpones on...yeah, u can fix it with other pads and some bending but i now i just want to experience good IEMs for a change.

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #7,191 of 15,539
Hi all!

Greeting from Colombia!. I've been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to become engaged. I've learned a lot reading the reviews and forums and I think this is a great community.

I started the hobby trying to have a better listening experience than the earpods, which led me to the HiFiMan RE400. After that, I got an open box NAD HP50. Months later, I bought a second hand Shure SE 535 and I knew there was not going back since that point. My main can right now are the HiFiMan HE400S which I got in 2016. Last year I finished my PhD and got a good job (I've found this hobby is a bit expensive and seems to me the reaching the audio nirvana (if such thing exists) can be tough for the wallet) that allow me to order (should arrive tomorrow) the Aeon Flow Open and a Cayin C5.

Other than enjoying music, I also play a bit of PC and Xbox games.

Nice to know you all!

Jan 16, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #7,192 of 15,539
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking here for a few months (like everyone else in this thread) and finally decided to sign up (I actually singed up a few months ago but haven't been contributing).

I've been using gaming headsets pretty much my whole life and finally decided to get myself the M50x about a year ago but that didn't turn out too well because I find the M50s uncomfortable as hell. I tried a few different pads on them but all of them were either uncomfortable or made the cans sound like crap. So after tons of research I decided to move on and get the HD 650 with Dac-x6. I got the 650s about a week ago and love them so far.

I've got really into this hobby in a short period of time, like I didn't even know what a dac was untill a few months ago and now I'm spending sometimes hours a day in forums. I've also started enjoying/appreciating music a lot more.

Looking forward for some discussions!

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #7,193 of 15,539
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking here for a few months (like everyone else in this thread) and finally decided to sign up (I actually singed up a few months ago but haven't been contributing).

I've been using gaming headsets pretty much my whole life and finally decided to get myself the M50x about a year ago but that didn't turn out too well because I find the M50s uncomfortable as hell. I tried a few different pads on them but all of them were either uncomfortable or made the cans sound like ****. So after tons of research I decided to move on and get the HD 650 with Dac-x6. I got the 650s about a week ago and love them so far.

I've got really into this hobby in a short period of time, like I didn't even know what a dac was untill a few months ago and now I'm spending sometimes hours a day in forums. I've also started enjoying/appreciating music a lot more.

Looking forward for some discussions!
Welcome aboard, @Ebunw0w!! Have fun with those HD650s!

Jan 16, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #7,195 of 15,539
hey guys! always visited this site for advice on audio hardware, now i finally joined.

my current setup is an o2/odac rev B from mayflower electronics, and a pair of HD 650s. I literally just upgraded to these from a Sound Blaster Z sound card and ATH AD700x (which weren't bad)

I'm really starting to get into higher end audio, owning several different pairs of headphones (650s, ad700x, bose qc25, hd598cs,) I game alot and listen to alot of music, so definitely wanted to get some higher end audio in my possession.

definitely looking towards being apart of this forum/website more often

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #7,197 of 15,539
Hi, I am new here, but not new to audio.
I am a Grammy Winning Mixing Engineer .

I am very into highend audio gear but always with looking for a realistic sound, flat frequency response and as clean as possible when is about Headphones, Speakers and amps.

My best Headphone is an Audeze LCD-X...and now I want a great headphone amp for it....

Question, how can you add a Pic to your profile here?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 10:55 PM Post #7,198 of 15,539
Hi,
My name is shield and I love music. I have always been interested in hifi audio since my dad was a bit of an audio freak. I am planning my first amp build and am trying to hit the 15/30 as fast as possible.

I love 70s, 80s, and 90s rock as well as classical music.

Jan 16, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #7,199 of 15,539
Hi, I am new here, but not new to audio.
I am a Grammy Winning Mixing Engineer .

I am very into highend audio gear but always with looking for a realistic sound, flat frequency response and as clean as possible when is about Headphones, Speakers and amps.

My best Headphone is an Audeze LCD-X...and now I want a great headphone amp for it....

Question, how can you add a Pic to your profile here?

Are you planning to buy it or build?

If you have a ton of cash sitting around check out wells audio. Their amps are as close as a mortal being can get to hearing god.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back