New Member Introductions thread
Jan 11, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #7,156 of 15,646
Hi,

I'm new here as well. Have been reading many interesting threads / discussions here over the last few years. Might just want to add some posts myself.
Not into headphones at all actually but listen through speakers in my homesystem. Despite that there are tons of valuable info here :)

Cheers!
-Robert

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #7,157 of 15,646
Hello from California. I have been using this forum as a resource for most of my personal audio purchases for some time now. I Started with a Sennheiser PC350 headset and Fiio E10 DAC back in about 2013 and that kept me happy until more recently. I received a head injury in 2016 and use music much more now as a way to cope with stress and stay relaxed. I have a set of Sennheiser CX 5.0 IEM's and picked up some Sennheiser HD 598cs's a few months ago. I have just put a schiit fulla 2 on order in hopes that it will be an improvement over my older E10 and at some point may end up using the Fulla 2 as just a DAC and getting a small tube headphone amp.

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #7,158 of 15,646
Hello,

I'm new and looking to find information on how to choose great headsets. The motivation may not stellar, but I heard that there are non-gaming headsets that are great for gaming and overall budget. I'm trying to find more information and suggestions to that end.

Cheers. :)

its very true. I broke into this hobby with a set of Sennheiser PC350 headset and a Fiio E10 usb DAC. the DAC was due to the fact my computers onboard audio had a lot of noise and I would even hear the hard drives spin up through my headset. The Fiio E10 took all that noise away and created a much fuller and stable sound image that the on board audio could supply. The current model of Sennheiser gaming headset would be the GSP 300 or 350 range. Of course there are many options in this realm but the current Fiio E10k DAC runs about 75 dollars and the headsets 100-130. Once I switched over I spend hours re listening to my old pink floyd albums and hearing so much for the first time. I am sure others will chime in that may have more experience but thats how I first got into it with great results. Audiophile reviews can be tricky because no matter how good something is it is often compared to something even better so you really need to set a price point and only compare at that level or you will end up reading reviews trashing something which may still be the best thing around at its price level.
Best of luck!

Jan 12, 2018 at 6:05 AM Post #7,159 of 15,646
Hi all, I've come to terms with my addiction and finally stopped lurking in the shadows. My first questions are 1)Are Knowledge Zhenith releasing a pair of iems with 5 drivers a side anytime soon. 2)Whats best price and quality foam tips to rival comply T400. Thanks and pls excuse the rough typing as im on my mobile.

Jan 12, 2018 at 6:16 AM Post #7,161 of 15,646
Hi all, I've come to terms with my addiction and finally stopped lurking in the shadows. My first questions are 1)Are Knowledge Zhenith releasing a pair of iems with 5 drivers a side anytime soon. 2)Whats best price and quality foam tips to rival comply T400. Thanks and pls excuse the rough typing as im on my mobile.
Hi, my name is Steve and I am an audioholic!
it's like a self help group lol :slight_smile:

Jan 12, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #7,164 of 15,646
Hi guys,

I’m new here, but I’ve been a long time lurker. Got really in to head-fi a year ago with the Massdrop x Fostex TH-X00, and I’m currently awaiting my first custom in-ears. Hoping to learn more and contribute as I go along in this hobby.

Cheers!

Jan 12, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #7,166 of 15,646
Hi there! As many of us, I've been lurking these forums for several years now in the search of an emptier wallet. Currently rocking an O2+ODAC and HD 6XX's (which I surprisingly dislike coming from my older HD 600's) and a pair of SHP9500S's and BoomPro for longer gaming sessions.

Now looking for some advice to upgrade the 6XX to a pair of DT 1990's. Nice to be part of this community.

Cheers!

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #7,167 of 15,646
How has that transition between cans been? I enjoy both, and both have similarities I feel. Anything that really draws you to either?

In my case the very first moment I plugged LCD-X it was dissapoiniting. It was like they needed some burn-in time. After few days I experienced huge improvment on sound quality but it didn't steal my heart, either. I loved mids, voices but couldn't get use to overwhelming bass and weight (675grams without cable). They also have a bit of veil but only for some recordings. Others was quite open and airy but some still sounded muffled. For me there was some lack of coherence between mid and treble. I miss them sometimes for their lovely mids with rich fabric and a bit of warmness but I do listen 6-8 hours a day and my neck was in a huge pain after few sessions also I think I'm looking for cans with a bit of a different sound signature.

Somehow I preffered HD600s sound over those two. I sold LCD-X but still needed an upgrade over HD600s so I ordered Stax 3100 system. It should be here in a week.

Jan 12, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #7,168 of 15,646
Hello everyone,

I've been on and off this website quite a lot lately as its been fairy helpful finding some information on a specific model of headphones. Eventually I'd like to being buying/selling to experience different types of headphones.

Jan 12, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #7,169 of 15,646
Hi there! As many of us, I've been lurking these forums for several years now in the search of an emptier wallet. Currently rocking an O2+ODAC and HD 6XX's (which I surprisingly dislike coming from my older HD 600's) and a pair of SHP9500S's and BoomPro for longer gaming sessions.

Now looking for some advice to upgrade the 6XX to a pair of DT 1990's. Nice to be part of this community.

Cheers!
Welcome aboard, @kse617!!

Jan 12, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #7,170 of 15,646
Glennp checking in for the first time. I need help/advice.

I have a major hearing loss from flying too much when I was in the military. The VA provides me with high quality hearing aids and accessories, but they're no longer enough. I teach, and I have real difficulty hearing and understanding my students. I've found that I can hear TV/radio/etc very clearly through Sennheiser RS165 wireless headphones, which fit over the ear while my hearing aids are in. What I’m hoping to find is some sort of integrated mic/amplifier I could use in the classroom to amplify students’ voices. Something I could plug the headphone transmitter base into. Does such a thing exist? Where should I look for it?

Sounds like you can connect a good microphone to a laptop in your classroom, and send the sound from the laptop through Bluetooth to your actual wireless headphones. Try that maybe.

I can't suggest you a microphone because I don't know much about them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back