New Member Introductions thread
Sep 4, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #6,421 of 15,538
Sep 4, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #6,425 of 15,538
Hey gang. I've been perusing the forum a few weeks but only got round to signing up today. Got a few questions to ask about buying my first headphones.
Cheers

Hi everyone. Pretty much ditto what Flannel said above. Excited to get into this hobby.

This hobby is exciting for sure... I had no idea what I was missing from audio until I got a mid tier can and listened to a Korn CD(random right?) lol. I still remember that moment vividly, laying on the floor of my living room hooked up to my AV receiver and listening. A LOTTT has happened since then BUT I am still excited about great sound!

I recommend that anyone starting out, listen to some headphones and see what parts of sound you enjoy in particular (treble, mids, bass) or why you like certain genres of music- "I like rock music where there is a lot of fast drumming in it". "I love jazz where the trumpet sounds incredibly crisp and real"- those types of thoughts will help long time members here get a sense of what YOU enjoy.

If you are unsure of things like that I also recommend trying a bunch of low priced headphones to see what each one has to offer. some might have better deeper bass, the treble could hurt your ears, it might sound tonally different then another set ect. These differences will help you know what even exists, and more importantly what flavors of sound you enjoy.

Also, don't forget to say what your budget is! ha

-Craig

Greetings. I've made an account to find the best headphone for gaming purpose. Have fun y'all.
This is exactly how I started in this hobby... I wanted a can predominantly for gaming and was then blown away with how dynamic music could sound. Hit up this thread if you haven't already.

WHAT GAMERS NEED TO READ!

@Mad Lust Envy 's guide is what started me in this hobby and I am very appreciative of that.

Sep 4, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #6,426 of 15,538
Thank god I can finally post on this site after more than a month waiting for my registration to be approved. Had no idea why it took that long. :confused:

Anyways, Hi everyone on here! Glad to be finally be a part of this awesome community!

2 months ago, I was contemplating on which cans should I be getting as an upgrade to my 2-year-old Sony MDR-XB950B. I wanted to get some opinions on here but didn't able to do so due to the aforementioned (minor) issue. After done lots of reading on here as well as posting on the headphones subreddit, I finally got my my new cans (Monolith M1060) and DAC/amp (Chord Mojo) 3 weeks ago. It is the best sonic experience I've ever had (especially the Chord Mojo)!

My upgrades in summary:
Sony MDR-XB950B -> Monolith M1060 (modded: rear damping foam removed, pad changed to Audeze Vegan, some masking tape used over the driver on the earpad to ease the harsh highs)
Stoner Acoustics UD125 (local made DAC, similar specs to a Schiit Fulla 2) -> Chord Mojo

Hopefully I can share some of my experience with you guys in coming days. I'm still not done with my audio setup. I ordered an iPurifier2 to see if it can improve my audio experience or not. Also I'm still looking for a good IEM, as the last time I had one, it was a cheapo $10 earbud. Thank you for reading my first post.:darthsmile:

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #6,432 of 15,538
Hi there, i m Mathieu from Belgium, 33 years and since my childhood i always had a nomad music device. Only recently joined the hi def players group . owner of ibasso dx90, dx50, (creative zen vision m and w, sansa fuze(rockboxed of course),... see ya in the forums !

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #6,433 of 15,538
Hi everyone,

I'm James from Washington D.C. I finally decided to upgrade to better quality audio.

I have some Sennheiser HD600s for home and Shure SE215 IEMs for the office. I am a basshead but find that normal closed-back headphones do not work for me because i am too sweaty. Wearing them causes earaches. So for now, i'm greatly enjoying my new HD600s, although ultimately i think IEMs are probably where i'll end up spending more money over time.

Sep 6, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #6,434 of 15,538
Hi all

After a week of reading I decided to join and I already did spend some money :D

I've got Canyin N3 and ATH-LS50IS for my portable setup. Ordered Audio-GD NFB 11.28 TCXO and thinking about getting HD600/650.
Probably more to come haha.

Thank you for a great community!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back