New Member Introductions thread
Jul 27, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #6,140 of 15,588
HELP BUYING STAX L700
Anyone knows of a store in the US that sells Stax headphones? I'm looking to buy the L700 earspeakers and either the 252S or 353X amp. Stax prices are $1,785 or $2,350, respectively.
I see a few Stax items on eBay but all are from sellers in Japan (voltage issue and slow delivery). There are even fewer ones listed on Amazon and none matches what I want. I even contacted a few Canadian stores and no response yet.
The website for Stax (staxusa.com) has been down for days now (some certificate error) and rarely worked in the past few weeks. Their listed US distributor, RPD Ltd, has no website and not even a phone number!!!
Headamp and Woo audio both sell stax. Headamp has the products you listed on their site, and I've heard of woo audio custom ordering for people who request unlisted items via email.

https://www.headamp.com/brand/stax/

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #6,143 of 15,588
Hi Everyone, I have always enjoyed listening to music closely and at the highest quality I could make happen. I haven't been able to afford too much so haven't dug in too deep on hardware. I have a shure e5c and akg k702 from awhile ago and think they both sound pretty decent. I recently snagged an Oppo HA-2 SE as my 2nd amp, first one was a handmade job from ebay. I've jumped in on the recent hd6xx & aune T1 drops. I've seen lots of good and interesting info in the forums and hope to continue to gain more knowledge.

Jul 27, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #6,145 of 15,588
Hi everyone, my name's Kai, I'm 17, and within the past year I've been getting more into hi-fi. I have a substantial vinyl collection (as well as several turntables and cartridges) and recently upgraded my Fiio DAC to a Schiit Magni/Modi combo. Hope to find some useful advice here :)

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #6,147 of 15,588
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is William and I've been a lurker her for a couple of years. This is my first post even though I created an account not quite a year ago.

With the enthusiasm from people on this site I was able to talk myself into buying a pair of Sennheiser Hd800's. I've also ordered a Smyth Realiser A16. And I am currently trying to talk myself into (and out of) buying a pair of Stax headphones.

Lord Help Me.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #6,148 of 15,588
Just thought I would introduce myself. My name is William and I've been a lurker her for a couple of years. This is my first post even though I created an account not quite a year ago.

With the enthusiasm from people on this site I was able to talk myself into buying a pair of Sennheiser Hd800's. I've also ordered a Smyth Realiser A16. And I am currently trying to talk myself into (and out of) buying a pair of Stax headphones.

Lord Help Me.
I haven't been posting in this thread in a while, but I've been reading. Once I saw that you ordered the Realiser A16, I had to post. Wow. The Realiser was and is one of my favorite demos of a product, ever. It changed my thinking first-hand to the point that when properly calibrated, a headphone (demoed with the HD800) can not only sound like full-range speakers, but sound...better. You are in for a fulfilling treat!

Oh yeah, welcome to Head-Fi, and posting after almost a year of signing up!

Take care!

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #6,149 of 15,588
Hi everyone, I've been around a while but never got to post. Wonderful site and community. I mostly watch movies and occasionally listen music. My headphones/Dac/Amp:

Fostex TH-600
Bayerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm
Shure SRH1540
JVC HA-SZ2000
Sennheiser IE80
Shure SE846
Creative Sound Blaster X7
Fostex HP-A4 (Amp/DAC)

See you around :)

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #6,150 of 15,588
Hello, I've been lurking around the forums as a guest for ages now and finally decided to sign up after attending the FiiO's launch event in Singapore.

Pretty excited to be participating more in this community and sharing my experience with high-end audio equipment as a rather young entrant to this established field.

I pretty much only got into the audiophile world around 2013 and the Japanese anime music community has been quite the influence with so many amazing soundtracks and songs that it's eating up my wallet quite aggressively. :sweat_smile:

Currently using the following gear:
FiiO X3ii
Creative Sound Blaster E5
Sennheiser HD6XX
Klipsch X20i

Musical preferences:
I adore a mostly flat sound signature like the Klipsch X20i provides but above all I love euphonic mids and controlled treble that presents female vocals in their finest form like the HD6XX.
Definitely not a fan of cumbersome bass and prefer it to be natural and not too punchy.
"Parallel=" by Fumiya Sashida is pretty much the go-to song to get a feel of the kind of genre I like.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back