New Member Introductions thread
Jul 22, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #6,108 of 15,511
Thank you ^^ , but after I read Mr.Speaker Electrostatic thread for a while, my interest seem to drop to 2nd priority. I just bought Ether Flow 2 weeks & then found that thread... hmmm.
They sound very good but still in prototype for now. So these can hold you over till then.

Jul 23, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #6,109 of 15,511
Hi everyone out there.

My first 2 earphones were Sony MDR E484 one gold another black. The sound quality were so good that many expensive audiophile systems cannot achieve(Especially, hand clapping sound was very real). I stopped using earphones and started to listen to music using tubes and DIY speakers from 1991.

Recently, i need to get a pair of earphones. I noticed that if I listen to good music/watch movies with IPad when I do my gym, I can do much much longer.

In term of earphones, I am living in History. I still am craving for my Sony e484G, but I couldn't find them anymore. I saw from Japan auction site, a good pair was around Yen 120,000 while a buyitnow ebay price is US$1000. With US$1,000, I can buy a "3 month" old Campfire Vega. Vega and Sony E484 has diamond amorphous driver.

I learned a lot from this site, really well managed. People here are generally friendly and helpful. A big thanks to all the administrators, moderators and fellow head-fier.

Jul 23, 2017 at 3:33 PM Post #6,111 of 15,511
Several years ago, I got tired of bad earbuds and started googling around to figure out what else was out there. In the time since then, I've lurked here a lot! I finally decided to register on a whim. Let's see where that takes me.

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #6,112 of 15,511
Several years ago, I got tired of bad earbuds and started googling around to figure out what else was out there. In the time since then, I've lurked here a lot! I finally decided to register on a whim. Let's see where that takes me.
Welcome@Lv100Pidgeot!! I suspect this is going to take you to a place where your wallet is significantly lighter... ---)

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:01 PM Post #6,113 of 15,511
Hello Everyone,

I recently got into the audiophile hobby. It all started with the Shure SE425 and overtime worked my way up to owning the Shure SE846 and Shure KSE1500. I decided to join to improve my inventory and gain knowledge about the vast equipment available today.

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #6,114 of 15,511
Hello all! Just joined today after lurking on the well written reviews on equipment I currently use. Started off by building custom PC's and buying entry level audiophile gear and have since moved up to the Audioengine, Audeze, etc realm. I'm by no means an expert and my questions fall on deaf ears in my personal circles so I'm turning to this crowd. Earphonia definitely opened my eyes to X7 DAC/amp and since picked one up after reading his PERFECT review. Sound cards in custom PC's can be an eyesore and his review made the new build I'm on come together perfectly. Nice to meet you all and I'm ecstatic to find a fam that can lead me down the correct path to audio bliss. Thanks!

Jul 23, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #6,115 of 15,511
Hello all! Just joined today after lurking on the well written reviews on equipment I currently use. Started off by building custom PC's and buying entry level audiophile gear and have since moved up to the Audioengine, Audeze, etc realm. I'm by no means an expert and my questions fall on deaf ears in my personal circles so I'm turning to this crowd. Earphonia definitely opened my eyes to X7 DAC/amp and since picked one up after reading his PERFECT review. Sound cards in custom PC's can be an eyesore and his review made the new build I'm on come together perfectly. Nice to meet you all and I'm ecstatic to find a fam that can lead me down the correct path to audio bliss. Thanks!
Welcome, @Bellari! Head-fi is very happy to have you with us!

Jul 24, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #6,116 of 15,511
Welcome@Lv100Pidgeot!! I suspect this is going to take you to a place where your wallet is significantly lighter... ---)

Oh, you have no idea. Half the reason I joined is to participate in the market in order to get my hands on out of production units that are nigh-impossible to find through normal channels.

Jul 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #6,117 of 15,511

That is so funny. I laugh every time I see a post like that because it's sooooo true. :L3000:
Look at my signature and notice my gear please.
The first week of March this year? I had the HP 650's and that's it.
Since then, 4 more sets of cans and all the other goodies.
This is a VERY dangerous but "good" place to be. My wife tells me she doesn't even know who I am because she never sees me anymore. By the way......where is she?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #6,119 of 15,511
Hi,

I wonder if paring AK100ii with fitear 111 would sound big. Does the 2.5mm balanced ALO audio SXC cable improve the soundstage and instrument layering compared to the usual 3.5mm? I'm thinking of upgrading the cable to 2.5mm one so please give me opinions. I love wider soundstage with neutral presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back