New Member Introductions thread
May 26, 2017 at 5:01 AM Post #5,688 of 15,537
Hi guys! (as I'm assuming most users here are male anyway)
My name is Michael, I am a 34 year old audiophile and vinyljunkie from Vienna. Have been browsing threads on Head-Fi since a a couple of months and lately decided I wanna communicate on here too, so I "officially" signed up as well :)
My headphone lineup: Grado RS2e, Sennheiser HD650, Sennheiser IE 80 in-ear

May 26, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #5,691 of 15,537
Welcome, welcome :)

Hello Everyone,
New to the forum, just saying hi.. wouldn't say I'm an audiophile, as I have 0 clue about things like mids, lows, sound board.. ect.. but I do enjoy a good set of headphones.
No need to be an audiophile, to enjoy a good music. There are many music lovers in this forum. I hope you'll have a lot of fun.

May 26, 2017 at 9:43 PM Post #5,694 of 15,537
Hi I am looking for advise, I made a purchase on the buy sell and trade forum 6 weeks ago still no sight of my product and no word from the trader. I have no idea what i can do about this if anything, anybody have any clues ? . Much appreciated

May 26, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #5,696 of 15,537
Hi all, I'm Mitch.

I'm new.

To be completely honest, I'm not especially into headphones. I don't know much about them, and I don't have many opinions about them.

I registered here because a pair of AKG headphones recently came into my possession that I can't seem to find any info about anywhere on the entire goshdarn internet (this site included).

The rules say I've got to make some posts before I can start any threads, so that's exactly what I'm doing... although contributing to any threads other than this one might be tough without the affinity for headphones that everyone here seems to have. I guess I'll give it a shot though! Does anyone want to play some sort of fun game that will require me to post some kind of responses to something? That should do the trick.

May 27, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #5,698 of 15,537
Hello all - Im new - anyone know of any true 5.1 surround sound headphones with toslink/optical (not the 3-mini stereo plugs - I have 2 pairs of headphones like that)?

How about true 5.1 surround sound headphones with iPhone lightning tips or Android tips? Im a surround sound freak and remix every stereo album I touch to 5.1.

My latest gadget is the xduoo x10 that I just successfully got to play 5.1 surround files in SPDIF WAV format via Audio Muxer (I can explain the process). And tonight I just successfully figured out how to eliminate the X10 from stuttering between tracks by creating an embedded CUE file that is really just a wav file with the cue sheet info embedded (using CUETOOLS).

I play it in my 5.1 sound Alpine system of my commuter car along with a tablet (sitting bench to the xduoo x10 for now lol). Works great except it doesnt have a resume function for the exact spot played last (it will remember the last track but start over once powered on again).

Let me know if you find those headphones lol

May 27, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #5,700 of 15,537
Hello everyone, after some time looking through some posts reviewing some DAC players that I have been thinking of getting, I decided to join in here to get opinion or advice. Last time I had any portable player was the old ipod....Been reading up on Onkyo DP-X1 and Fiio X7...prob need to find a local place to audition them, maybe stop by local bestbuy, i have never seen one of the Dac there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back