New Member Introductions thread
May 22, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #5,658 of 15,538
Welcome @analog scott! Sorry about your wallet... ---)
Funny thing about the wallet...I already asked the folks at Campfire audio about the Vegas. I'm thinking 1. they seem to have a following and 2. they are made of materials that might fair well with sweat. 3. ouch on the wallet. But they got back to me very quickly and said that these would not be well suited for a gym envirement and recomended 30 dollar IEMs. Of course I ordered the recomended IEMs on the spot. Can't really go wrong at 30 bucks (35 with shipping). But if anyone has any suggestions for anything that will likely be substantially better than 30 dollar IEMs I'd love to hear suggestions. Thanks

May 22, 2017 at 9:42 PM Post #5,661 of 15,538
New one here. Schiit Yaggy + Mjol2 _+LCD-X

Ben
Most here refer to the Yggdrasil as a Yggy but we'll let you slide this time ; ). The MJ2 works really well with Planars so you have made wise choices and have a really nice setup for sure. Heard the X's again this weekend at a meet out of a Cavalli Liquid Gold super nice.

May 22, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #5,663 of 15,538
Most here refer to the Yggdrasil as a Yggy but we'll let you slide this time ; ). The MJ2 works really well with Planars so you have made wise choices and have a really nice setup for sure. Heard the X's again this weekend at a meet out of a Cavalli Liquid Gold super nice.
Hi buke9,
You got me. Thank you and I will refer as Yggy.......As a foreigner, I can not pronounce/spell a Schiit......XD.

I do love the current combination. LCD-X is much easier to drive than other planners when I first used Valhalla 2 (my first headphone amp). It sounded sweet but I love more power from MJ2. My current interest is running into to the dark art of the tube rolling.......

May 23, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #5,666 of 15,538
Hi buke9,
You got me. Thank you and I will refer as Yggy.......As a foreigner, I can not pronounce/spell a Schiit......XD.

I do love the current combination. LCD-X is much easier to drive than other planners when I first used Valhalla 2 (my first headphone amp). It sounded sweet but I love more power from MJ2. My current interest is running into to the dark art of the tube rolling.......
Not a big deal I said that so others might not get confused as to what your talking about. There is a person on the Yggdrasil thread that calls it that also some tried to correct them but they still call it that just to poke at the ones that tried to correct them I think.
Watch your wallet with tube rolling it adds up quick ; )

May 24, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #5,670 of 15,538
attended my first ever meet here in the D.C. area and it was awesome! Met some great people and will definitely keep an eye on future meets. Long time lurker, finally joining.

Congrats on the meet. I'm looking forward to attending a meet and getting some new gear. Ordered some ve monk+ hopefully as good as people say

Users who are viewing this thread

Back