New Member Introductions thread
May 19, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #5,626 of 15,538
Hello everyone. Typing to you from Miami. Just reintroducing myself to music and after looking at the site for a few months figured I'd join. On the market to get a couple slices of pie and wanna especially thank all those that do reviews.

May 19, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #5,627 of 15,538
Sorry I never posted (I think) back in 2013. But I love you guys (tons of info and hard work), and I'm sorry I never really had to come around a lot since my modded HD 419 days. But I just want to say hi. :)

I'll try not to disappear again, promise. :)

May 19, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #5,628 of 15,538
Hello, I'm afraid I've made a mess with a previous and unused account...Anyway, this is the good one.

I am new as a member, but not as a reader, and actually I am probably one of the 2-3 persons on the planet who were able to read the whole Stax thread...As a consequence I own two Stax earphones, two amplifiers, and a number of other headphones, bought cyclically, just to check if electrostatics are still better and worth the cost...the answer was yes up to now.:o2smile:

Am I forgetting anything? Ah, yes: I live in Italy.

Last edited:
May 20, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #5,632 of 15,538
Hello Everyone,

New member here. I mostly stumbled on this site to try to sell some gear since I'm closing the personal studio down but I'll obviously have to hang around for awhile and contribute before going down that road.

A little about me...
  • Trained Audio Engineer
  • Amateur Software Developer (C#, JS,VB, Ruby)
  • Currently employed by a well known pro audio equipment and software manufacturer who's name I wont mention here
Looking forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you.

- Lawrence

May 20, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #5,633 of 15,538
Hi there,

I have been reading head fi forums for sometime now, and have learnt so much from such a vast array of knowledge and of course varied opinions :)

Thought I would join and enjoy the community and further my knowledge and appreciation of all things music, audio, and headphones. From the latest technology DAC's to wonderful world of vintage (restored) heavy iron, and of course the evolving world of headphones.

I am a electronics engineer, and ex Navy..... Worked on some of the biggest sound systems in the world (SONAR) lol. I hope that my experience can assist, but my thirst for more knowledge is never ending....

My current meager equipment provides wonderful music to my aging ears, and I continue to search for that next level of audio nirvana. I have been an audio enthusiast for some 30years, including some exceptional equipment in the past.... Albeit now long gone.....

Current gear includes: HD650, He400i, He400, Apogee Grove, Aune T1 Mk2, NAD3130, Pioneer SA7100.

I look forward to chatting with many of you.

Cheers Marc

Do you think HE 400 and HE 400i are different enough to own together. I find the HE-400i a bit recessed in mid/low bass and missing the hits. With HE400 refurbs selling for $200 at the Hifiman store, was contemplating getting them. Whats your thought?

May 20, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #5,638 of 15,538
attended my first ever meet here in the D.C. area and it was awesome! Met some great people and will definitely keep an eye on future meets. Long time lurker, finally joining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back