New Member Introductions thread
May 16, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #5,611 of 15,539
Welcome fellow Navy man here also . You got a good start on your cans that's for sure . You might want to check out the HE-400 thread for a couple of simple mods on them that are reversible and make a big difference on them grill mod and Sorbothane mod good stuff. Welcome once again.

Thank for such a warm welcome buke9, I have indeed read the He400 thread (as a lurker) and it's amazing amount of mods etc, and was close to doing grill mod and sorbothane too, but when Hifiman released the He400i, I just could not help myself!!! Unfortunately the He400 gets very little head time now.

And embarking on vintage amp restoration has almost resolved the missing bass from the amazing He400 sound. Must admit that I am looking to spoil myself soon, as my 50th birthday (ouch) is fast approaching, and looking at Audeze LCD2 as the next stepup in my audio/headphone journey. That and maybe some multibit R2R Schiit Mimby goodness to feed my heavy iron vintage beauties :)

Thank you again for your warm welcome and is always a pleasure to meet a fellow Navy man.

Cheers Marc

May 16, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #5,612 of 15,539
The Mojo will work with a lot of headphones so you just have to figure out the sound signature your looking for.

Heh. Yes, that's what I am afraid of. I'll need to try some to get a good idea. This is going to get expensive fast!

I mostly listen to rock (70's to today's) and I've read that another Grado would a good match. I believe that a Hifiman would be a good choice as well. I'll probably get a tube amp as well..so many options...

May 16, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #5,613 of 15,539
Heh. Yes, that's what I am afraid of. I'll need to try some to get a good idea. This is going to get expensive fast!

I mostly listen to rock (70's to today's) and I've read that another Grado would a good match. I believe that a Hifiman would be a good choice as well. I'll probably get a tube amp as well..so many options...

We're very sorry about your wallet... ---)

May 17, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #5,617 of 15,539
Andres from the US-Seattle area here. I wouldn't have considered myself a headphone addict, but as I was unpacking after a cross-country move, i realized that the most expensive box I unpacked was probably the one with all the portable amps and headphones I've collected over the years.

I'm currently using a pair of MrSpeakers Alpha Primes at home with a USB desktop amp. This was great when I was working from home 90% of the time. Now I have a new job, and a commute, so I'm looking for a good pair of travel cans for the commute + the office. I'm even considering going wireless with something like the Senn Momentum 2 / HD-1, but I'm still wary of the audio quality for both wireless and the noise cancelling you can't disable. We'll see!

I've occasionally lurked Head-Fi for good opinions on new equipment for years, so thanks to everyone involved for that. I look forward to getting more of that, and hopefully finding a way to contribute some myself.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #5,618 of 15,539
Hi, guys, I'm Lukasz from Poland, well I'm here already but forgot the password to old account and email I've been using is not existing anymore - bad habits comes with tapatalk as you don't need to remember password there hahaha - now there's no tapatalk so well here I am again. So I've been reading the forum for a long time, posting not to often :) Main interests are IEMs and DACs, started the journey with RPi as an audio source - Hifiberry and IQAudio solutions so far - three different setups. Hopefully this time I will stay forever... :wink:

May 18, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #5,620 of 15,539
Hello all from the US-Detroit area!

I'm a super-long-time lurker who's finally decided to make things official. Currently, I am rocking a Bifrost >> Asgard 2 >> Philips X1 setup. It is time to look for something new/better, which is why I have an HD650 being delivered today. Time to figure out what I want to do on the DAC/Amp side of things.

Thanks to all you who have dumped great reviews and opinions into Head-Fi; it has surely helped me make some great decisions on cans over the years.

May 19, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #5,625 of 15,539
Hello to everyone of Head Fi. I have been following Head Fi for the last 2(3?) years and have finally decided to make an account. I hope to get along with everyone here.:)

Welcome to the club!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back